Clinton picks Kaine for veep (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:34:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton picks Kaine for veep (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton picks Kaine for veep  (Read 9485 times)
PeteB
Canada

« on: July 22, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »

No real surprise but a smart pick nonetheless.  
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »

Mind you, the veep debate will be as exciting as watching paint dry Smiley.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:00:12 PM »

Well, that was almost as inevitable as Hillary's nomination.

I've been saying Clinton/Kaine since November 2014, lol. Before that I thought Clinton/Warner. Tongue

IceSpear flashback:

Why pick Kaine when you have Warner who is better in every way?

Well, in a Trump "damn all modesty" election cycle, I have to quote myself from April (with Frodo in a supporting role Smiley) :

Interesting question, especially because this election cycle has been so different.

On the Democratic side, I imagine that Clinton already has a vetting process going on quietly (and unless she is facing Kasich, my bet is her choice is someone like Sen. Kaine).

If Hillary is to have any hope of reuniting the Democratic Party and reconciling Sanders' supporters to her nomination, she will more likely pick a progressive (not a moderate) as her running-mate.  

By this point, that should be a given.  

That really depends on circumstances. Note that I said "unless she is facing Kasich (i.e. a more moderate opponent)". If she is running against Trump or Cruz, she will NOT need a "progressive" VP pick to energize the base. Could you really see any Bernie supporters vote GOP or even abstain in a Clinton-Cruz or Clinton-Trump matchup for example? And with someone moderate as VP, she could just scoop up the votes in the middle as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies