Opinion of the Clinton/Kaine ticket? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:07:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of the Clinton/Kaine ticket? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Skip
FT

HT

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 129

Author Topic: Opinion of the Clinton/Kaine ticket?  (Read 4712 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: July 22, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »

They've got my vote.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 07:31:36 PM »

I don't get why people don't like Kaine. He's a great choice, and a solid progressive, especially considering he represents a swing state.

One thing I've always liked about him is his opposition to capital punishment.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »

Clinton didn't need to pick a walking bottle of Nyquil to project stability.

Oh for heaven's sake.  Politics aren't supposed to be entertainment.  Tim Kaine is a serious, progressive and compelling choice who is absolutely qualified to be President.

You want an "exciting" VP choice?  Then pick Sarah Palin.  But leave the Democrats out of it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 08:15:01 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 09:05:35 PM by Ebowed »

This was quite the snub to the Bernie people...

I don't agree at all, in fact I'm struggling to understand how anybody could interpret this as anything other than an entirely reasonable, progressive choice.

Is Tim Kaine perfect?  No, but neither was Bernie Sanders.

What the hell is Donald Trump going to do to address income inequality, or the environment, or racism, or practically anything that matters?  It's a total joke to say that there isn't "enough" of a difference between Clinton and Trump.  There's an enormous difference and it's not just about 'moderate' vs 'batsh**t crazy', it's right versus wrong.  I can guarantee that Donald Trump will never create a single payer health care system.  He's never going to make any meaningful reform to higher education that actually benefits people (his track record on this is creating a scam university, after all).  His foreign policy is beyond insane and the threat of his election is routinely mentioned in international media as a destabilizing event.  So don't think for a second that he's going to do anything productive, or helpful, for the country.  I just hope for the sake of millions of people in the USA who are fearing for their safety and their lives right now, because of the toxic hate speech that the Republicans espouse everyday, that sanity prevails.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »

Clinton didn't need to pick a walking bottle of Nyquil to project stability.

Oh for heaven's sake.  Politics aren't supposed to be entertainment.  Tim Kaine is a serious, progressive and compelling choice who is absolutely qualified to be President.

You want an "exciting" VP choice?  Then pick Sarah Palin.  But leave the Democrats out of it.

Oh please. Despite how much it offends the senses of policy wonks and other assorted political junkies, campaigns are won and lost on the enthusiasm of rubes and low info voters. Tim Kaine brings nothing to the table in that respect.

Oh, OK.  I guess Trump really knocked that one out of the park by picking an empty suit and failed governor from a flyover state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies