Will the Liberal wing of the Democratic Party be put away for the next 8 years?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:52:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will the Liberal wing of the Democratic Party be put away for the next 8 years?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Will the Liberal wing of the Democratic Party be put away for the next 8 years?  (Read 1636 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
« edited: July 23, 2016, 11:37:12 PM by L.D. Smith »

Sadly.

Unless an exact reverse case of 1976-1980 happens, although given some parallels between Sanders and Reagan/Clinton and Ford and trump/Carter, this could still happen.

Which is darkly on some level making me root for trump to win this round [wouldn't vote for him myself, I'd hope a protest vote against Clinton or staying out of that race would do it], fail, and get the same heckling from conservatives that Carter got from extremist liberals.

It'd then be no different from all the red-avvies who in hindsight seem to wish Ford won '76 just so the GOP wouldn't have moved rightwards with Reagan in '80.

hopper
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 12:08:18 PM »

Can someone please explain how people who like and voted for Obama find Hillary "too moderate"? Because her campaign is objectively to the left of his in 2008/2012.

Or is it just because he's a cool black guy and she's a shrill bitch?

1. People don't actually trust that Hillary is to the left of Obama, they think she just did that because she thought it was the only way she could beat Obama and Sanders. This is especially true on trade and on Keystone, where Hillary's 2015 position changes look like incredibly convenient timing. People think that once in office, Hillary will be like Bill Clinton. The left doesn't like that.

)

No they don't like that at all but again the left has their complaints about Obama but they still like him.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »

Will the liberal wing of the Democratic Party allow itself to be "put away?"  THAT is the question.

This. Also, I don't trust the far left with the U.S. military. They would sell the military out in a jiffy.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 01:49:45 PM »

With how the so called "liberal wing of the Democratic Party" acted during the primaries, I sure hope so.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 03:58:21 PM »

Hillary is a liberal! How many times must we say this, must I shout it from the rooftops? Because I can't get to my building's roof without a special key, so we're gonna have issues - regardless

HILLARY IS A LIBERAL
HILLARY CLINTON IS A LIBERAL POLITICIAN
HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON IS A GODDAMNED, NO-BS LIBERAL!!!!!
Well, yeah, almost everybody in American politics is.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »

Will the liberal wing of the Democratic Party allow itself to be "put away?"  THAT is the question.

This. Also, I don't trust the far left with the U.S. military. They would sell the military out in a jiffy.

As if our last Republican administration didn't already do that. Setting us up for failure in Afghanistan by getting distracted. Making a mess of the Middle East with the wholly optional and unnecessary war in Iraq. Obama certainly could have done better these last eight years, be he certainly did better than the Bush administration, and even Dubya with all his multiple faults was a better commander-in-chief than Trump would ever be if we make the mistake of electing Trump this November.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2016, 10:08:56 PM »

The answer is obviously not.

I wouldn't say obviously not.  Let's hope some of the red avatar apparatchiks around here aren't indicative of the general populace.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »

Hopefully
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies