Sanchez claims Obama only endorsed Harris because she's black
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:33:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sanchez claims Obama only endorsed Harris because she's black
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sanchez claims Obama only endorsed Harris because she's black  (Read 1633 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:49:56 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-senate-loretta-sanchez-kamala-harris-president-obama-endorsement-20160722-snap-story.html

Obviously don't like seeing Democrats eat each other alive, but I really don't want to see blacks and Hispanics pitted against each other. It's what people like Trump want in this country.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »

She should have just said that Kamala Harris has been mentioned as the female version Obama (which she has). Better was to finesse that.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:16 PM »

Obviously don't like seeing Democrats eat each other alive, but I really don't want to see blacks and Hispanics pitted against each other. It's what people like Trump want in this country.
That's literally what the Democrats perpetuate every single day.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 09:54:08 PM »

For a second, I thought you meant ChairmanSanchez the poster.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 10:08:05 PM »

This comment is inexcusable obviously, but so is the Democrats' meddling in this race. It's safe D regardless and you're going to give the middle finger to a Hispanic woman who was always a team player in a state where the Democrats depend on the Hispanic vote? It's just asking for trouble. Extremely dumb move and too cute by half from the national Democrats, who really need to learn when to butt the hell out of another state's business (yes, I'm still bitter about Sestak.) They should be focusing all their energy on tanking joke candidates like Grayson rather than attacking people like Sestak and Sanchez.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:41:47 PM »

This comment is inexcusable obviously, but so is the Democrats' meddling in this race. It's safe D regardless and you're going to give the middle finger to a Hispanic woman who was always a team player in a state where the Democrats depend on the Hispanic vote? It's just asking for trouble. Extremely dumb move and too cute by half from the national Democrats, who really need to learn when to butt the hell out of another state's business (yes, I'm still bitter about Sestak.) They should be focusing all their energy on tanking joke candidates like Grayson rather than attacking people like Sestak and Sanchez.

If this were a primary, I'd agree with you. But it's a general election and the only way that Sanchez was going to win was if Republicans got behind her. The California Democratic Party's establishment and its left wing are behind Harris and dislike Sanchez. If Sanchez were to make this competitive, it would have led to bigger problems later on.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:07:42 AM »

Sanchez should really avoid identity politics. If anything, it will backfire on her if she is pinned as the Latino candidate.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 01:34:45 AM »

Is this really that bad to say:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 01:38:24 AM »

To paraphrase Lindsey Graham, Sanchez vs. Harris is like asking me whether I'd rather be shot or poisoned.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 01:50:46 AM »

It's not as bad in context, but it's still a completely unnecessary and provocative thing to say. Would it really have detracted from her point if you omit the second sentence? She really should be trying to spin this as establishment insiders trying to mettle in California affairs, not talking about race. She stepped in it yet again, just like with her Native American war cry.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 02:17:36 AM »

It's not as bad in context, but it's still a completely unnecessary and provocative thing to say. Would it really have detracted from her point if you omit the second sentence? She really should be trying to spin this as establishment insiders trying to mettle in California affairs, not talking about race. She stepped in it yet again, just like with her Native American war cry.

Sanchez doesn't use prepared remarks. So, A., she was speaking off the cuff when, IIRC, Spanish is a second language to her, and, B., while that sentence seems a bit rambling to us, it might make more sense using Spanish grammar rules.

If I was close to fluent in another language, I'd probably ramble a bit too, looking for the right words to say what I mean.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 07:45:21 AM »

Sanchez should call her supporters to vote for Trump. That would be a proper revenge for the injustice done to her.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »

Sanchez should call her supporters to vote for Trump. That would be a proper revenge for the injustice done to her.

Latinos are scared of Trump. They don't merely disagree with him, they are scared. I literally saw a crying kid being consoled by her mother last night saying " you still have the same president. Don't worry.". Why would she direct her political base, which in this election is disproportionately latino, to vote for Trump? You realize she probably hates Trump as much as Harris or any other Democrat?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:10 AM »

The President shouldn't weigh in on a competition between two members of his party.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »

Latinos are scared of Trump. They don't merely disagree with him, they are scared. I literally saw a crying kid being consoled by her mother last night saying " you still have the same president. Don't worry.". Why would she direct her political base, which in this election is disproportionately latino, to vote for Trump? You realize she probably hates Trump as much as Harris or any other Democrat?

To spite the rampant black racism that is going to cost her election anyway.

You do realize that only the people who are uninformed fear Trump?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 01:56:36 PM »

Only the uninformed support him.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »

Why would she do that? She would be sure to lose the election and that would end his career in the Democrat Party. I'm quite sure Republicans don't want her either (well, none of the old white men in Congress will be willing to leave her his seat.)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »

Glad I dropped my endorsement of her after watching the pre-primary debate in which Sanchez couldn't put a coherent sentence together.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »

You are the ones who are uneducated and revel in your ignorance.
hopper
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 10:08:36 PM »

Kamala Harris is not 100% Black she is half black/half asian.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 10:28:52 PM »

Kamala Harris is not 100% Black she is half black/half asian.

If only Harris was Muslim too. This way, Sanchez can have all the groups she bashes into one opponent.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 11:25:17 PM »

Just because a candidate didn't support YOUR pick for presidential nominee, doesn't make them a "joke". Especially when they're running against someone as incompetent and hackish as DWS.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 11:37:28 PM »

It's not as bad in context, but it's still a completely unnecessary and provocative thing to say.

Bingo.

Didn't Sanchez attempt to double down on holding a fundraiser at the Playboy mansion years back?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 11:41:47 PM »

Just because a candidate didn't support YOUR pick for presidential nominee, doesn't make them a "joke". Especially when they're running against someone as incompetent and hackish as DWS.

Uh...I don't dislike Grayson because he endorsed Sanders. And what does DWS have to do with anything?
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 01:51:19 AM »

I imagine it has something to do with the fact that Sanchez is a total clown?

Here's a pretty good rundown by DTanza of AH.com, one of Sanchez's actual (former) constituents:

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies