Bernie Supporters Only
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:52:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Bernie Supporters Only
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Now that Hillary Clinton has nominated Tim Kaine as her running-mate, how do you think you'll vote in November?
Clinton/Kaine (D)

Trump/Pence (R)

Johnson/Weld (L)

Stein/Baraka (Gr)

Not a Bernie Sanders supporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Author Topic: Bernie Supporters Only  (Read 2769 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »

That's the spirit!  I'm sure claiming anyone who supported Sanders is objectively a crazy person will convince them to vote for Hillary.  Besides she's entitled to their vote anyway, right?  What kind of nutjob expects a politician to earn their support?  Don't Sanders voters know that free will has no place in a democracy?

Huh

Saying that you didn't support Sanders because that was the objectively sane option.  In fairness, I forgot that answer (sane) is a standard answer for polls here.
But you seemed to imply that I support Hillary or that I would want people to vote for her, which completely confused me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »

That's the spirit!  I'm sure claiming anyone who supported Sanders is objectively a crazy person will convince them to vote for Hillary.  Besides she's entitled to their vote anyway, right?  What kind of nutjob expects a politician to earn their support?  Don't Sanders voters know that free will has no place in a democracy?

Huh

Saying that you didn't support Sanders because that was the objectively sane option.  In fairness, I forgot that answer (sane) is a standard answer for polls here.
But you seemed to imply that I support Hillary or that I would want people to vote for her, which completely confused me.

Sorry, I assume when people stay stuff like that on Atlas they're Hillary supporters.
mencken
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »

I cast a primary vote for Sanders, so I guess I can vote here.

Trump, obviously.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2016, 08:55:45 PM »

Clinton, and Kaine had absolutely no effect on that decision.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 05:04:30 PM »

Probably Clinton/Kaine (D). However, there certainly is a chance that I will vote Johnson/Weld (R) instead.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »

Definitely Hillary Clinton. While I don't totally trust her, especially on TPP, I will support her to defeat Trump.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 05:37:03 PM »

Read some more about Trump's ties to Russia.  Deeply disturbing, to say the least. 

Changing my vote from write-in to Hillary/Kaine.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 06:36:58 PM »

Read some more about Trump's ties to Russia.  Deeply disturbing, to say the least. 

Changing my vote from write-in to Hillary/Kaine.

Glad you came around to sanity! Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:50 PM »

I like Tim Kaine and his selection would make me more likely to support the Democratic ticket if I were undecided. That said, as I (1) do not live in a swing state and (2) actually like New York State's Green Party, I will be voting for Jill Stein.
The Greens in NY are relatively normal from what I can tell.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 03:53:03 AM »

I like Tim Kaine and his selection would make me more likely to support the Democratic ticket if I were undecided.

Really? What's so good about him? I'm genuinely curious, since he left no impression on me whatsoever.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »

None of the options in this poll fit perfectly.  I definitely won't vote for either of the first two, and the last option does not apply since I voted for Sanders.  I'm considering Hedges, Mimi, LaRiva, and a few others.  As of now, over 1600 people have  formally filed for president with the Federal Election Commission, including Deez Nuts, Porcupines R. Spikey, Tronald Dump, Donald Tramp, Sara Paylin, and Seymour Butts.  We won't know who is on the Pennsylvania ballot till after August 1 and I will decide once we know what our choices are.  Of the two candidates you list, Johnson and Stein, I am probably more likely to vote for Johnson so that's how I voted in this poll. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 08:07:07 PM »

I tend to be fairly pragmatic about supporting candidates who don't meet my ideological litmus tests as long as I am confident in their character.

I think that's my general feeling as well.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that their political ideologies are secondary to evidence of good judgment and a solid history of ethical behavior.  That said, we should note the second spot on the ticket is a poor place to put your best man, so no matter how nice people like Tim Kaine and Michael Pence come across, they are not running for the office of president, and therefore should not be taken too seriously when you are deciding upon whom to vote for president.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 03:54:47 AM »

I like Tim Kaine and his selection would make me more likely to support the Democratic ticket if I were undecided.

Really? What's so good about him? I'm genuinely curious, since he left no impression on me whatsoever.

Maybe I just have a weak spot for serious Catholics who nonetheless support reproductive rights as a matter of policy? There's also his work as a mayor and a fair housing advocate to consider. On the whole, I see a lot of work on behalf of causes that I support and a lot of evidence in favor of the "man of integrity" assessment.

At the risk of sounding ridiculously naive, I tend to be fairly pragmatic about supporting candidates who don't meet my ideological litmus tests as long as I am confident in their character. I feel a lot better about Tim Kaine than I ever did about folks like Anthony Weiner or Ted Kennedy, for instance.

That makes a lot of sense. I didn't know Kaine was particularly noteworthy in that regard, and it's definitely good news.

I still thought the ticked needed at least a running mate identified with the "Progressive" wing of the party, but then again Sherrod Brown is probably more useful in the Senate, so I guess Kaine is not as bad a choice as I thought he was.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »

Huh

Sorry, I assume when people stay stuff like that on Atlas they're Hillary supporters.

Not in this case, but usually a fair assumption.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »

Twelve Trump supporters?  Come on.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »