bolton loses another cloture vote, 54-38
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:29:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  bolton loses another cloture vote, 54-38
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: bolton loses another cloture vote, 54-38  (Read 2158 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:00:33 PM »

1.  who were the non voting senators
2.  the 38 that voted no should be publically stoned.  let's start with robert byrd!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 06:12:38 PM »

Yeah, how dare they not just rubber stamp any nominee where the Bush adminstration refuses to answer questions and really acts like they have something to hide.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 06:19:24 PM »

we have 38 miscreants holding up progress.  many of those 38 are totally unfit for office anyway (ie bob byrd, barbara boxer, et al)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »

If the White House just provides the documents the Dems are requesting, there will be a vote. You only have your dear president to blame on this one.

2.  the 38 that voted no should be publically stoned.

OK Hitler.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 07:29:11 PM »

Yeah, how dare they not just rubber stamp any nominee where the Bush adminstration refuses to answer questions and really acts like they have something to hide.

I like this plan.  Jfern, there may be hope for you yet.

OK, Stalin.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 07:31:05 PM »

Typical Republican arrogance to threaten violence on people who don't agree with you.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 07:32:02 PM »

Typical Republican arrogance to threaten violence on people who don't agree with you.

And typical Democrat nonsense to compare your opponents to Hitler instead of actually debating them.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 07:34:03 PM »

Don't worry Ford, you'll get your mustachioed hero into the U.N. with a recess appointment.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 09:35:22 PM »

YEAs ---54
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Chafee (R-RI)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Frist (R-TN)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-NE)
Pryor (D-AR)
Roberts (R-KS)
Santorum (R-PA)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Talent (R-MO)
Thomas (R-WY)
Vitter (R-LA)
Warner (R-VA)

NAYs ---38
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Byrd (D-WV)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Clinton (D-NY)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Wyden (D-OR)

Not Voting - 8
Burns (R-MT)
Coleman (R-MN)
Feingold (D-WI)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Levin (D-MI)
Thune (R-SD)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 10:22:53 PM »

Don't worry Ford, you'll get your mustachioed hero into the U.N. with a recess appointment.

Requiring a recess appointment is an important victory however - it reminds other countries who will have to put up with that ass that there is still an active opposition in the US, and that there is still hope.  Little things like this do a lot to give us expats and explanation for why we should not be hated abroad - 'I voted for Kerry, and I hate Bush and America as much or more than you do'.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 11:22:10 PM »

2.  the 38 that voted no should be publically stoned.  let's start with robert byrd!

You want the vote??  Blame Bush.  All he had to do is  give the documents requested to the Dems (something they areConstitutionally allowed to get) but he refused so oh well no vote
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 01:45:01 AM »

And typical Democrat nonsense to compare your opponents to Hitler instead of actually debating them.

Don't be a hypocrite, Rick Santorum compared Democrats to Hitler just last month! It was during the nuclear option debate. By the way, has anyone noticed that Rick has a rather high pitched feminine voice?

Yeah we liberals can call people girly men too Wink
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 02:10:45 AM »

Don't be a hypocrite, Rick Santorum compared Democrats to Hitler just last month! It was during the nuclear option debate. By the way, has anyone noticed that Rick has a rather high pitched feminine voice?

Yeah we liberals can call people girly men too Wink

And it was wrong for Santorum to do that, and I said so at the time, what's the point?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 03:26:14 AM »

Requiring a recess appointment is an important victory however - it reminds other countries who will have to put up with that ass that there is still an active opposition in the US, and that there is still hope.  Little things like this do a lot to give us expats and explanation for why we should not be hated abroad - 'I voted for Kerry, and I hate Bush and America as much or more than you do'.
No...people in other countries don't know what a recess appointment is. Smiley Well, I do, but that's not the point.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 11:27:22 AM »

'And America', eh? Why don't you just leave the country and never come back then, traitor? Or would that interfere with your parasitic lifestyle?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 02:13:41 PM »

people in other countries don't know what a recess appointment is. Smiley Well, I do, but that's not the point.
Heck most people in the US don't know what a recess appointment is.  To the average non-political junkie, Bush using a recess appointment for Bolton will look like a victory over the obstinate Democrats who have been blocking him.  No President, Democrat or Republican has ever gone along willingly with being told to hand over documents by Congress, let alone a minority of Congress, so the document request is only a shallow cover for their filibuster.  All this posturing by the Democrats over Bolton does is appease the grass roots at the cost of making the Democrats less palitable to the center.  This is second most boneheaded political stunt of the year, second only to the right-wing grandstanding in the Schaivo case.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 03:43:00 PM »

'And America', eh? Why don't you just leave the country and never come back then, traitor? Or would that interfere with your parasitic lifestyle?

At least opebo admits his hatred for his own nation.  I wonder if he realizes that if Osama wins, he can't go see his ladyboys anymore.

Parasitic indeed.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 11:33:15 PM »

At least opebo admits his hatred for his own nation.  I wonder if he realizes that if Osama wins, he can't go see his ladyboys anymore.

Parasitic indeed.

I would have slammed him as well, but I think you and WMS have said everything that needs to be said.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 12:55:31 AM »

Parasitic indeed.

I would have slammed him as well, but I think you and WMS have said everything that needs to be said.

Just ignore him. He quite obviously is just trolling for attention. That's what I've started doing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 04:50:40 AM »

just trolling for attention. That's what I've started doing.
Quite a while ago, I might add. Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 09:31:26 AM »

Parasitic indeed.

Just ignore him. He quite obviously is just trolling for attention. That's what I've started doing.

But he makes it sooooo easy, States. Wink
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 11:11:03 AM »

Now THAT is comedy.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »

Har Har har we always need a comedian around. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies