Clinton's campaign manager: Russia helping Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:44:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton's campaign manager: Russia helping Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Clinton's campaign manager: Russia helping Trump  (Read 3146 times)
Trapsy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2016, 10:19:49 AM »

Putin- Trump exchanged positive words about each other.
Trump has financial ties to Russia.
Paul Manafort has ties to pro-Russian politicians.
Trump flirting w ideas of not supporting eastern European NATO allies.
RNC eliminated references to arming Ukraine in its fight with Russia from the platform.
DNC leaks day before the convention and has Russian fingerprints all over it.

This doesn't prove anything concretely but optics are bad.

egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 10:51:15 AM by egalitt »

RNC eliminated references to arming Ukraine in its fight with Russia from the platform.

Your reasoning has one fault: it is too primitive and straightforward.
Suppose Putin planned to make his candidate US President. Would he be so primitive and straightforward as to praise his agent? Not at all! He is cunning enough to praise some other candidate to divert public attention from his agent. Hence Trump is a dummy used to divert attention from Putin's agent who actually is Clinton.  He knows her very well, he worked with her for many years, there are close ties between them.
Any objections?  
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2016, 10:42:38 AM »

Suppose Putin planned to make his candidate US President. Would he be so primitive and straightforward as to praise his agent? Not at all! He is cunning enough to praise some other candidate to divert public attention from his agent. Hence trum is a dummy used to divert attention from Putin's agent who actually is Clinton.  He knows her very well, he worked with her for many years, there are close ties between them.
Any objections?   
At the same time, you overestimate the mental capacity of your dictator.  He is powerful, and has very smart people around him, but he is not the brightest.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 11:13:06 AM by egalitt »

Suppose Putin planned to make his candidate US President. Would he be so primitive and straightforward as to praise his agent? Not at all! He is cunning enough to praise some other candidate to divert public attention from his agent. Hence trum is a dummy used to divert attention from Putin's agent who actually is Clinton.  He knows her very well, he worked with her for many years, there are close ties between them.
Any objections?  
At the same time, you overestimate the mental capacity of your dictator.  He is powerful, and has very smart people around him, but he is not the brightest.

I'd be much obliged if you  gave me a single name of a "smart person" among Putin's  associates. Very smart people,  such as me, all live in provinces and have (fortunately) nothing to do with Putin's administration.
I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that Putin will win at any rate. If Clinton is elected, well, she is his secret agent. If Trump wins, well,  they will be on good terms.
Trapsy

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »

Exclusive: Suspected Russian hack of DNC widens — includes personal email of staffer researching Manafort.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-hacked-emails-of-dnc-oppo-researcher-point-to-russians-and-wider-penetration-154121061.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Fargobison

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »

Donnie weighs in....

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[/s]]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/757538729170964481
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »

I could see this get some serious legs moving forward
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2016, 12:29:57 PM »

If Hillary builds the narrative successfully, this would be an image from which Trump could never recover. There are certainly a lot of smoking guns in terms of optics, as mentioned above.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:24 PM »

If Hillary builds the narrative successfully, this would be an image from which Trump could never recover. There are certainly a lot of smoking guns in terms of optics, as mentioned above.

She has to build it very carefully. The rollout started well but one misstep will destroy the narrative and it'll fail
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »

If this is true, I hope Obama does not sweep it under the rug to appease Russia. North Korea was sanctioned over hacking a movie studio. This will help determine the next president. Allowing autocracies to exploit partisan divisions in democracies sets a precedent that puts all democracies in danger.
It's a long way to even proving that the attacks originated from Russia, let alone that they had anything to do with the Russian government.

This is what Putin does, he tries to get leaders he can control into power. Look at Belarus, Lukashenko is controlled by Putin. All Putin would have to get Trump on board was let Trump's companies flood Russia's market with products and perhaps even control industries. Pay to play.
Lukashenko's not controlled by Putin. At best, he's trying to balance between him and the west. Belarus has refused to recognize the annexation of Crimea or the breakaway states of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
Fargobison

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »

I wonder how much money Trump has tied with Russia? Probably another reason why his tax returns will never see the light of day.
Fargobison

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2016, 02:50:15 PM »

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/757662337251749888
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2016, 03:10:10 PM »

I wonder if the GOP is truly naive enough to think that, once in office, Putin wouldn't have so much dirt on Trump as to ensure he makes a ton of mistakes, hands over Eastern Europe. Paul Ryan et al are fricking morons.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2016, 03:14:19 PM »

If Trump said this after a hypothetical RNC hacking, Jake Tapper and Chris Cuomo would be on CNN openly calling him a "conspiracy theorist idiot" and probably to his face. And they wonder why the media has a hard time at his rallies?

I wonder if the GOP is truly naive enough to think that, once in office, Putin wouldn't have so much dirt on Trump as to ensure he makes a ton of mistakes, hands over Eastern Europe. Paul Ryan et al are fricking morons.
Trump doesn't care. His dirt is out there. We all know about it. That is part of his strength.

Also, I really don't give a damn about the Estonians and the Crimea is a legitimate part of Russia, and I think it's high time that one party in the US starts focusing on keeping Russian influence out of Venezuela and Brazil rather than the Baltic.

And of course, I remember Obama laughing at Romney for pointing out the Russian threat, and I remember a lot of Atlas Democrats joining in. Now all of the sudden, Putin is Hitler 2.0. Which is it?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »

Now all of the sudden, Putin is Hitler 2.0. Which is it?

You got it all wrong.
Trump is the one who is Hitler 2.0
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »

Putin wouldn't need dirt, all he would need was money. Offering Trump total control over an industry in Russia and allowing him to flood the markets there with products would be all the incentive that Trump would need to comply with Putin's requests.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2016, 03:46:03 PM »

Putin wouldn't need dirt, all he would need was money. Offering Trump total control over an industry in Russia and allowing him to flood the markets there with products would be all the incentive that Trump would need to comply with Putin's requests.
Trump gets rich, Russians get to live under Russian rule, sounds like a winner winner chicken dinner to me.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2016, 04:10:31 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democratic-national-convention-warren-sanders-to-speak-tonight-as-party-tries-to-move-past-disarray/2016/07/25/93d4faba-5211-11e6-bbf5-957ad17b4385_story.html
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

The Cold War is over, there is no "evil Russian conspiracy".

Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2016, 05:20:06 PM »

My, how times have changed in four years:

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »

We all know who's really behind the DNC hacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TWn32rbVmI