Trump: Might pull out of the WTO and thinks the EU was created to beat the USA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump: Might pull out of the WTO and thinks the EU was created to beat the USA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump: Might pull out of the WTO and thinks the EU was created to beat the USA  (Read 1514 times)
Fargobison

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2016, 11:46:33 AM »

Trump on Meet the Press....Even more crazy and uneducated as usual...

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/757201521616547840

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/757026001318584320
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »

I'm telling you guys. He's going to effectively end the current global system if elected, or at least the US will leave it, making it no longer global and give permission for other countries to do the same.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 11:50:34 AM »

Trump is right.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »

We could really use a "Donald Trump might do something stupid megathread"
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 11:53:39 AM »

Make America Isolated and Poor Again!
skoods
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2016, 01:12:00 PM by Likely Voter »

Read a freaking book 

Trump's candidacy is a direct consequence of the downfall of education in this country. It's become incredibly clear.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 12:00:04 PM »

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »

Whatever you might think of the WTO, a unilateral pullout and imposition if broad tariifs would be the worst shock to global markets since the wall Street crash. I'm starting to think Trump is actually a Marxist plant who wants to dismantle capitalism.
Fargobison

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »

As somebody else said he is clearly wrong about the EU. And as for the WTO thing, I think Chuck Todd is certainly correct when he said it would create economic turmoil. In fact it would make the Brexit look like child's play.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »

From the perspective of many Americans who are already poor, and for whom their only concern for countries beyond North America is the possibility that a member of their family will go die in one, Trump sounds pretty damn good.

I don't like Trump and wouldn't support him if he offered me a million dollars, but pretending that on these issues in particular (defense and trade), he's not saying what many American voters are thinking is part of why he's getting as much support as he is.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »

We could really use a "Donald Trump might do something stupid megathread"

It would be the longest megathread in Atlas history.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »

Whatever you might think of the WTO, a unilateral pullout and imposition if broad tariifs would be the worst shock to global markets since the wall Street crash. I'm starting to think Trump is actually a Marxist plant who wants to dismantle capitalism.
Let him saber rattle on the WTO to get better deals and/or to replace multilateral deals with bilateral deals where the US has more leverage.

As far as the EU goes, Trump is right. It was, in part, created as a one-Europe government to counter the United States.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »

He's not. He just doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

I wonder how the pro-business part of the republican party will react to this.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 12:11:40 PM »

They are already #NeverTrump.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 12:12:01 PM »

I don't like Trump and wouldn't support him if he offered me a million dollars, but pretending that on these issues in particular (defense and trade), he's not saying what many American voters are thinking is part of why he's getting as much support as he is.
True. He is saying what lots of people think. People who don't have any idea what they are talking about.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »

Let him saber rattle on the WTO to get better deals and/or to replace multilateral deals with bilateral deals where the US has more leverage.

As far as the EU goes, Trump is right. It was, in part, created as a one-Europe government to counter the United States.
No. That was a small part of the french motivation, but it was never the main goal for france, and it wasn't a goal at all for any of the other 5 founding nations.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »

I don't think so. If they were, Trumps numbers would be significantly lower at this point.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »

True. He is saying what lots of people think. People who don't have any idea what they are talking about.

All of this is moot anyway. It only serves to attract votes. None of that is ever going to pass Congress, anyway.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 12:15:08 PM »

I don't think so. If they were, Trumps numbers would be significantly lower at this point.

A lot of Dems and Indies want to make America great again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 12:16:08 PM »

"thinks the EU was created to beat the USA"

I wish Tongue
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »

Putin would love for the EU to fail almost as much as he would love Trump as president.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 12:28:57 PM »

Yes, we know, Trump is a hardcore protectionist. That is just one of so many reasons that he is unfit for office. If all those folks flocking to Trump because they are dissatisfied with their standard of living, and think the elites are screwing them, only knew what their standard of living would be like after Trump is done f'ing everything up, with among other things, a host of trade wars, and no allies left on this Earth.  Boeing (you know, the outfit that sells planes across the planet, many to foreign governments) might have to file for Bankruptcy. Hopefully they never get to find out.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 12:35:23 PM »

No. That was a small part of the french motivation, but it was never the main goal for france, and it wasn't a goal at all for any of the other 5 founding nations.
Small part, in part = the same thing. So I don't know why we are in disagreement here.

It's also just common sense. A combined Europe has more economic clout than one that's not. Since Europe and the US are economic rivals, there are some benefits to the EU in that realm.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »

The U.S.-European alliance is what has guaranteed world peace among the major powers for 60 years. I want to see it continue as long as possible.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies