West Virginia Flood Relief
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:33:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  West Virginia Flood Relief
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: West Virginia Flood Relief  (Read 165 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:05:52 PM »

My state was deeply impacted by flooding last month. There are many families still genuinely homeless, staying with community members and at community buildings like YMCAs. There has been a lot of material assistance and donated goods moved into the state in the immediate aftermath of the flooding.

However, attention has already shifted away at the national level. Folks don't know what they can do to help anymore and the help is coming back down to normal levels.

Now is the time that families are having to start rebuilding their lives. If you would like to make a contribution to help these efforts, donate at https://www.eservicepayments.com/cgi-bin/Vanco_ver3.vps?appver3=tYgT1GfNxRUldiimjHMvOU6-1IQQgcxTyWNi1-ofMVPbto7rg8irIX1_lb7hFlma2evTpo0mld6BrVzd2nG0p25CuUjI0iWm6BXJm3aGKnE=&ver=3.

Or text WVFLOODS to 90999 to contribute $10.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:21:20 PM »

Floodings are a huge pain in the ass, I know how this is:

In 2005, Austria and much of central Europe had a so-called "100-year flooding event". In my district, Zell am See (which is basically a big valley surrounded by huge mountains with a major river in between), there was huge flooding too and both my brother and my sister's apartments were impacted. The lower floor and basement of my brother/his girlfriend was completely destroyed, as well as the basement of my sister (her apartment was thankfully on the upper floors). We needed to get a huge container where we'd throw all the muddy crap into (all the electronic stuff was destroyed). The crappiest part was removing the mud out of the house and basement. And it was summer too and the flies were annoying as sh*t ! But the community pulled together like never seen before, everyone was helping and it was quickly re-built. Also, much better flood-preventing systems were built in the years after that, such as new dams, the rivers were massively widened by excavators and so on ... About 2 years ago, there was another week of massive rainfall and the main rivers (Salzach/Saalach) rose again, but thanks to the new systems the rivers did not break out again like in 2005 ...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies