Those who pay for education should consider the benefits of a bonus system for s
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:37:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Those who pay for education should consider the benefits of a bonus system for s
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Those who pay for education should consider the benefits of a bonus system for s  (Read 464 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:11:30 PM »

Those who pay for education should consider the benefits of a bonus system for students.

We have been watching the Canadian and U.S. national level of education stall in the doldrums, as compared to other nations. Not shamefully so but irritatingly so. We need to reverse this slow slide.

We, Western citizens of rich nation, are not serving our students well. We pay our teachers; we should consider paying our students, --- who, --- after a good service rendered by the system, --- a passing grade and more, --- would decide to pay their teachers in an appropriate way, by merit, a worthy amount. Teachers will make more in salary, once the low achievers drop out, and students will pay less, as their productivity increases. 

I think this beats indebting our students for years, as we are doing now.

A bonus system, similar to that used in the work force would encourage students to learn better as well as having teachers organize better. All sales and human resource oriented people, as well as those who have worked in a bonus system will agree; a bonus system produces better results and productivity in the personnel than just a straight pay cheque. 

That fact, should tell all who pay for education, including students, that the best use of our hard earned money, --- is not to give it to teachers while indebting students, --- but to recognize that the thing to do, is to give it to the students, --- in a bonus system. That system would range from the low achievers paying full price, to the high achievers paying nothing.

We already have this type of a program, for high achievers. They are given bursaries, grants, and scholarships. With this system already in place we can expand it to represent all students at all levels of education from daycare on up.

If we refuse to reward learning for all students, the doldrums of our education levels will eventually position us in a whirlpool, in terms of world level education. Not a very smart thing for a nation to do.

I hope you recognize the logic and reason of such a bonus system, and more importantly, recognize the benefits and savings that it would yield to all students and tax payers.

Do you see the benefits?

Regards
DL
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »

Never thought I'd say that, but...

You should stick to discussing religion.
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 02:11:07 PM by Greatest I am »

I guess that you have never worked in a firm that pays by bonus since you do not seem to recognize the benefits to be had by it.

Oh well.

Tell us, when you were a student, did you like that those not in the system were telling you who the good teachers were supposed to be instead of you as the one paying their salaries, telling them?

Regards
DL
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »

Those who pay for education should consider the benefits of a bonus system for students.

We have been watching the Canadian and U.S. national level of education stall in the doldrums, as compared to other nations. Not shamefully so but irritatingly so. We need to reverse this slow slide.

We, Western citizens of rich nation, are not serving our students well. We pay our teachers; we should consider paying our students, --- who, --- after a good service rendered by the system, --- a passing grade and more, --- would decide to pay their teachers in an appropriate way, by merit, a worthy amount. Teachers will make more in salary, once the low achievers drop out, and students will pay less, as their productivity increases. 

I think this beats indebting our students for years, as we are doing now.

A bonus system, similar to that used in the work force would encourage students to learn better as well as having teachers organize better. All sales and human resource oriented people, as well as those who have worked in a bonus system will agree; a bonus system produces better results and productivity in the personnel than just a straight pay cheque. 

That fact, should tell all who pay for education, including students, that the best use of our hard earned money, --- is not to give it to teachers while indebting students, --- but to recognize that the thing to do, is to give it to the students, --- in a bonus system. That system would range from the low achievers paying full price, to the high achievers paying nothing.

We already have this type of a program, for high achievers. They are given bursaries, grants, and scholarships. With this system already in place we can expand it to represent all students at all levels of education from daycare on up.

If we refuse to reward learning for all students, the doldrums of our education levels will eventually position us in a whirlpool, in terms of world level education. Not a very smart thing for a nation to do.

I hope you recognize the logic and reason of such a bonus system, and more importantly, recognize the benefits and savings that it would yield to all students and tax payers.

Do you see the benefits?

Regards
DL

Handouts for the privileged. Yay!

Also, the idea that bonuses necessarily motivate better performance is... contested...
Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 02:16:16 PM »

[

Handouts for the privileged. Yay!

Also, the idea that bonuses necessarily motivate better performance is... contested...

Not by those who have tried both ways of pay.

But yes, at present the system does provide mostly to the high producers while ignoring the rest.

I would expand that present system that only serves the privileged, to a system that would serve everyone and eliminate any privileges to the most productive for all productive.

Regards
DL

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies