Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:38:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 43537 times)
dspNY
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »

Bernie trying to tame the monster he created and it isn't going well. That's on him unfortunately
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 12:32:54 PM »

They are booing Bernie at his delegate meeting
Know Nothing
Rookie
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 12:33:27 PM »

Sanders then says "This is the real world we live in."
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »

I just hope Michelle Obama references her plagiarized speech.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »

As others have noted, a lot of Sanders voters are not attracted to him so much as being anti-Hillary. His endorsement does little to change that.

Still, he is responsible for talking hem down. If anyone can, it'd be him.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »

Yikes, Sanders delegates boo when Sanders himself says "We have got to defeat Donald Trump and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

He needs to get real with them. Take off the kiddie gloves and tell them not to be children. He needs to get personal and emotional and explain why it is so important to him why Donald Trump can't be elected.

This is a clusterf-ck. I totally overestimated the sanity of his supporters, which I didn't think was possible. If Hillary loses the general, it's at least partly on Bernie. He helped create this mess.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »

From CNN: DWS will not be speaking today at all.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:39 PM »

I wonder how often Bernie and Kaine have voted the same way in the Senate. 95%? More?

Bernie needs to repeat that over and over again tonight.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »

Yikes, Sanders delegates boo when Sanders himself says "We have got to defeat Donald Trump and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

He needs to get real with them. Take off the kiddie gloves and tell them not to be children. He needs to get personal and emotional and explain why it is so important to him why Donald Trump can't be elected.

This is a clusterf-ck. I totally overestimated the sanity of his supporters, which I didn't think was possible. If Hillary loses the general, it's at least partly on Bernie. He helped create this mess.

I couldn't say it any better
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »

Those disunified Republicans though
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »

If Hillary Clinton loses it will be Hillary Clinton's fault. She could have offered an olive branch long ago.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »

If Hillary Clinton loses it will be Hillary Clinton's fault. She could have offered an olive branch long ago.

She's offered so many. The Bernie Bros simply will never accept them.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »

Thank God
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »

You're kidding. Their positions are like, 95% similar. These people are fools.

And the sad thing is, the ones who became delegates were obviously the most passionate among them. Not good.

And of course CNN has Reince Priebus on to comment. Where were the major Democratic surrogates when sh-t hit the fan at the RNC?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »

lol like Priebus actually cares about Bernie.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2016, 12:49:21 PM »

MSNBC just said negotiations are underway to not have DWS appear on the stage.

Debbie, please take a siesta.  Go sip a margarita on the beach.  Do us all a favor.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »

"Feel the Bern" was actually a foreshadowing of Bernie's ultimate plot to burn down the DNC with wildfire.
I admit, I chuckled Tongue
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2016, 12:51:59 PM »

lol like Priebus actually cares about Bernie.

They aren't hiding the fact that they want to stir up trouble, but Bernie supporters don't seem to care.
jollyschwa
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -9.04

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 12:53:31 PM »

And the sad thing is, the ones who became delegates were obviously the most passionate among them. Not good.

And of course CNN has Reince Priebus on to comment. Where were the major Democratic surrogates when sh-t hit the fan at the RNC?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2016, 12:54:35 PM »

She's offered so many. The Bernie Bros simply will never accept them.

It's easier to be pure than to find common ground
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2016, 01:02:06 PM »

How many times are they going to play that stupid clip?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »

For Sanders' supporters, Clinton's positions on issues do not really matter as they appear to shift with the wind. That seems to come down to the trust issue more than anything, and that ship has sailed. Not sure how possible unity is at this point with the die-hards who are unwilling to compromise. And, of course, the media will eat that up.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:47 PM »

Sanders gets booed for telling his supporters to support Clinton/Kaine. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bernie-sanders-booed-supporters-ahead-democratic-national-convention/story?id=40857311

Not sure if it was posted in this thread. I know it has its own thread though.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »

She has offered not an olive brunch, but a whole olive grove. These people cannot be reconciled, because in reality they are Trump Republicans.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »

From a MSNBC producer

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies