Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:29:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 67
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 43570 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2016, 04:38:43 PM »

Reddit finally got out of their mother's basement. I'm so proud of them.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »

I tried to tell it true when we put up joke candidates like Bernie and Hillary, but nooooo, the Republicans are so much worse Roll Eyes

Literally hundreds of upstanding politicians, and we put up Crooked and a cult leader as the only two choices.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2016, 04:39:14 PM »

"Ours is the party of unity and not division" I don't think so after tonight.
Just like yours, with Ted Cruz refusing to endorse Trump?
The Democratic base is far more divided than what the opinions of the party elites would suggest.
The polls dont say that at all though.  Point to the reverse being true..
The polls predicted Prime Minister Milliband and Mayor Bradley too.
True, yet with every example you throw out, I can give 10 where they were right.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »

I wonder what the religious makeup of the 2016 DNC delegates is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:13 PM »

The Democratic base is far more divided than what the opinions of the party elites would suggest.

The difference is ours is truly a vocal minority, whereas the Republican side is legitimately split something like 40% nationalist, 35% religious 25% establishment.
We've been like that since 1992, though. If the GOP was in as much trouble as the Democrats are right now, Ted Cruz's delegates from his own home state would be cheering him instead of booing and heckling him. They all reluctantly got on the Trump Train. Doesn't seem to be happening here.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »

I wonder what the religious makeup of the 2016 DNC delegates is.

Probably about 40% Satanists.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2016, 04:41:50 PM »

Malloy's a known dick. I wonder if he'll take on the hecklers over the booing if it occurs. He can't be that dumb, can he?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2016, 04:41:57 PM »

The difference is ours is truly a vocal minority, whereas the Republican side is legitimately split something like 40% nationalist, 35% religious 25% establishment.
We've been like that since 1992, though. If the GOP was in as much trouble as the Democrats are right now, Ted Cruz's delegates from his own home state would be cheering him instead of booing and heckling him. They all reluctantly got on the Trump Train. Doesn't seem to be happening here.
Remember something else too, most of these people are diehards who don't like Hillary already, and were never going to vote for her.  Most of the supporters are not like that, unlike what you want to believe.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »

McCaskill, Donnelly, Tester, Heitkamp, and Manchin should probably be shaking right now. The far left progressives don't like centrist Democrats. In 2018, they may be done.
The type of Democrat that likes Manchin voted for Sanders in the primary, so I wouldn't be too worried about their primary prospects.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »

McCaskill, Donnelly, Tester, Heitkamp, and Manchin should probably be shaking right now. The far left progressives don't like centrist Democrats. In 2018, they may be done.
The type of Democrat that likes Manchin voted for Sanders in the primary, so I wouldn't be too worried about their primary prospects.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »

Remember something else too, most of these people are diehards who don't like Hillary already, and were never going to vote for her.  Most of the supporters are not like that, unlike what you want to believe.
The average Bernie voter settled for Hillary, and after this DNC email leak and the events of today, you'll see that passion reignited. I know this because I was a Ron Paul supporter four years ago, and I was all #Ready4Romney until the convention brouhaha over the Maine delegation. After that, I was behind Johnson and frankly wanted Obama to win as punishment.

Insurgent campaigns are insurgencies. You can drive ISIS out of Tikrit, but you aren't going drive them out of Iraq the next day.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2016, 04:46:23 PM »

anyways, to the people complaining about the ~horrible bernie-bros~ (Cry) ― that's what happens when you spend the entire primary season shˇtting on both sanders and his supporters ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »

Forget about the super delegates, we need to end caucuses and open primaries. That way independents don't get to vote and another insurgency like Sanders never happens again.

90% of Sanders voters has nothing to do with these fringes. Please don't use collective responsibility logic here,
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »

The average Bernie voter settled for Hillary, and after this DNC email leak and the events of today, you'll see that passion reignited. I know this because I was a Ron Paul supporter four years ago, and I was all #Ready4Romney until the convention brouhaha over the Maine delegation. After that, I was behind Johnson and frankly wanted Obama to win as punishment.

Insurgent campaigns are insurgencies. You can drive ISIS out of Tikrit, but you aren't going drive them out of Iraq the next day.
The people doing all the damn booing are the Ron Paul crowd.  They hijack any movement to do what they want, screwing sh**t up.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2016, 04:47:30 PM »

anyways, to the people complaining about the ~horrible bernie-bros~ (Cry) ― that's what happens when you spend the entire primary season shˇtting on both sanders and his supporters ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ
No, this is what happens when a bunch of white children are gathered in a room and don't get what they want.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2016, 04:48:00 PM »

Anyone else supremely frustrated with the selfish Bernie children disrupting, booing, and heckling the entire way?  Where is security?  Where were their parents when they were growing up?  At this rate they're going to boo Michelle, Elizabeth, and finally Bernie himself.  I'm basically feeling road rage right now.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2016, 04:48:06 PM »

Two wrongs don't make one right.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »

Why do I have a feeling a huge chunk of those booing will be gone by the day Hillary speaks. Once Hillary has the nomination, I hope they give up and leave.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »

It's more about the fact that their candidate didn't win.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #319 on: July 25, 2016, 04:49:15 PM »

Yes. Clinton supporters should stop playing saints, or abandon their entitlement mentality (zomgz how they dared oppose The Hillary?). I supported Sanders during primary, now I'm hoping for Clinton victory, but, God, some of your attitudes are making me sick. So yeah, continue to push them away, but don't complain later.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: July 25, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »

The polls dont say that at all though.  Point to the reverse being true..

Remember something else too, most of these people are diehards who don't like Hillary already, and were never going to vote for her.  Most of the supporters are not like that, unlike what you want to believe.

The people doing all the damn booing are the Ron Paul crowd.  They hijack any movement to do what they want, screwing sh**t up.
Are you even trying anymore?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #321 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »

Yes, I always looked forward to the smug condescension from maroon avatars during the convention.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #322 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:34 PM »

Yes. Clinton supporters should stop playing saints, or abandon their entitlement mentality (zomgz how they dared oppose The Hillary?). I supported Sanders during primary, now I'm hoping for Clinton victory, but, God, some of your attitudes are making me sick. So yeah, continue to push them away, but don't complain later.
Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: July 25, 2016, 04:50:43 PM »

Notice how they don't even mention Hillary anymore?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: July 25, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »

Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.
Nihilist? You're the dude who became a Democrat to piss his parents off, and you're calling Bernie supporters white nihilists?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 67  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies