Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 67
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 44707 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:01 PM »

anyways, to the people complaining about the ~horrible bernie-bros~ (Cry) ― that's what happens when you spend the entire primary season shˇtting on both sanders and his supporters ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ

Two wrongs don't make one right.

oh, i'm not saying that. but it's hard to feel sorry for the likes of lief and jerry, or whoever
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:13 PM »

Ben Jealous for Maryland governor or Senate if Cardin retires in 2018?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »

anyways, to the people complaining about the ~horrible bernie-bros~ (Cry) ― that's what happens when you spend the entire primary season shˇtting on both sanders and his supporters ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ

Yes. Clinton supporters should stop playing saints, or abandon their entitlement mentality (zomgz how they dared oppose The Hillary?). I supported Sanders during primary, now I'm hoping for Clinton victory, but, God, some of your attitudes are making me sick. So yeah, continue to push them away, but don't complain later.
Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.

5-10% of Sanders voters are like that, but the vast majority are ready to play with the team. Please see some distinction. Those are ones the party will need in November and in the future. They are not f**king enemies here.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »

Yes. Clinton supporters should stop playing saints, or abandon their entitlement mentality (zomgz how they dared oppose The Hillary?). I supported Sanders during primary, now I'm hoping for Clinton victory, but, God, some of your attitudes are making me sick. So yeah, continue to push them away, but don't complain later.
Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.
Nihilist? You're the dude who became a Democrat to piss his parents off, and you're calling Bernie supporters white nihilists?
Lol, where did you get that dumb idea?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2016, 04:53:19 PM »

Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.

5-10% of Sanders voters are like that, but the vast majority are ready to play with the team. Please see some distinction. Those are ones the party will need in November and in the future. They are not f**king enemies here.
And we do, read the posts.  Only calling out the booing members.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #330 on: July 25, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »

So far, there have been more Sanders supporters on the stage than there were Cruz supporters on stage at the RNC.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #331 on: July 25, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »

Nihilist? You're the dude who became a Democrat to piss his parents off, and you're calling Bernie supporters white nihilists?
Probably where you got the idea that most Sanders delegates went to the 2012 RNC as Paul delegates?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »

Yeah abolish the death penalty, and criminals return in our towns and cities.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2016, 04:54:24 PM »

OK, but I see too much generalization booing jerks = Sanders voters in this thread.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2016, 04:54:31 PM »

oh, i'm not saying that. but it's hard to feel sorry for the likes of lief and jerry, or whoever
Guess when Germany is invaded by Russia, I shouldn't feel sorry for them because of you?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2016, 04:54:46 PM »

They will, unless you give everyone life in prison.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »

OK, but I see too much generalization booing jerks = Sanders voters in this thread.

Who might they be then?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »

Probably where you got the idea that most Sanders delegates went to the 2012 RNC as Paul delegates?
I did not say that.  I said supporters.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:37 PM »

Yes, I agree. End the War on Drugs. But I don't want a druggie near me at work. But them at rehab. Their trainwrecks.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:50 PM »

Lol, because the states with no death penalty are filled with criminals.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #340 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:02 PM »

That's not how that works.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »

Guess when Germany is invaded by Russia, I shouldn't feel sorry for them because of you?

I'll certainly feel sorry for my American friends if Trump wins, even though at the same time I'd consider the mindless hacks getting what they deserved (albeit at very high cost).
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #342 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »

Yes, I agree. End the War on Drugs. But I don't want a druggie near me at work. But them at rehab. Their trainwrecks.
I agree, lock up the people with terrible grammar. Send them to grammar rehab.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #343 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »

Ben Jealous sounds like a Simpsons character.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #344 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:12 PM »

I don't want criminals near me. Do you?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »

He was good.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »

Someone's going to tell these hecklers to STFU in the middle of their speech and I'm going to laugh.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #347 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:59 PM »

There's some unity.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #348 on: July 25, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »

I don't want criminals near me. Do you?
Consider moving to Canada then.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #349 on: July 25, 2016, 04:58:24 PM »

We're witnessing the birth of the Green Tea Party.

Well Green Tea is legal where I live.... Wink

More seriously---- yes there is a large section of the core base of the Democratic Party that *voted* twice for Obama, and believes that he has brought significant progress to the country, followed through on almost all of his campaign promises, and as a President is man of integrity and conviction, whose progressive agenda was thwarted at every turn by Republicans in the House and Senate.

There is a deep yearning among 50% of the Democratic Party base to expand upon the Obama legacy, move it further with key economic policies, and is skeptical of Hillary's record on war and peace, trade policies, environmental record, as well as a perspective that the Party Establishment made up their minds back last Summer to back Hillary, regardless of *whomever* the challenger might be.

Reality is that the vast majority of Bernie supporters will vote Hillary come November, but yes there is something akin to a "Green Tea Party", or as some would say a "Watermelon" movement within the party that will not go away, regardless of how distracting it might be at this moment within the current election cycle.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 67  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies