Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:24:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 44973 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 25, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »

The choir was great. We'll see how the Democratic Party handles religion this week.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:42:42 PM »

These stupid f-ckers are going to hand the election to Trump. I am furious. Hillary is so decent. She came way closer in 2008 and we saw none of this garbage. When will they get it through their thick skulls that they f-cking LOST.

Hillary is many things, but decent is not one of them. Hillary is a weak candidate and the Democrats were pants-on-head stupid to nominate her (not implying that Bernie is any better).
Klobuchar or Jerry Brown or Kasim Reed would have been good for them.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »

God these f**king Bernie hacks are going to dominate the news. Terrible.
This is what happens when you give Occupy and other leftist loons too much Attention

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »

I wonder what percentage of DNC delegates are white? We heard about an all white RNC.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »

You don't like the death penalty. Hmm. I don't want criminals living near me. I don't want to work with criminals.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 04:38:29 PM »

McCaskill, Donnelly, Tester, Heitkamp, and Manchin should probably be shaking right now. The far left progressives don't like centrist Democrats. In 2018, they may be done.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »

I wonder what the religious makeup of the 2016 DNC delegates is.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:13 PM »

Ben Jealous for Maryland governor or Senate if Cardin retires in 2018?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 04:53:42 PM »

Yeah abolish the death penalty, and criminals return in our towns and cities.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 04:55:37 PM »

Yes, I agree. End the War on Drugs. But I don't want a druggie near me at work. But them at rehab. Their trainwrecks.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:12 PM »

They will, unless you give everyone life in prison.
I don't want criminals near me. Do you?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 04:59:04 PM »

Yes, I agree. End the War on Drugs. But I don't want a druggie near me at work. But them at rehab. Their trainwrecks.
I agree, lock up the people with terrible grammar. Send them to grammar rehab.
I don't like druggies. They should be mocked and laughed at. I have no sympathy for any drug user. They know what they were dealing with.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 05:01:28 PM »

People committing crimes or people who have done their time?

I've got no problem with people who have paid their debt to society.
People who commit crimes. I don't trust serial killers. Democrats need to be careful with this death penalty crap, it could cost them in the suburbs of America.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »

People who commit crimes. I don't trust serial killers. Democrats need to be careful with this death penalty crap, it could cost them in the suburbs of America.

Wait, so do you think that if the death penalty were abolished that everybody on death row would just be let out of prison? What are you talking about?
Um, yes. That's what President Obama has been doing since 2015. Releasing people like that,  it's not safe.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »

Wait, so do you think that if the death penalty were abolished that everybody on death row would just be let out of prison? What are you talking about?
Um, yes. That's what President Obama has been doing since 2015. Releasing people like that,  it's not safe.

[Citation Needed]
I'm on my smartphone.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »

Haven't seen much on this thread, other than the usual Hillary hacks freaking out blaming everything on Bernie, and the Republican hacks rubbing their hands.

What is neglected is the fundamentals that the Democratic Party is deeply divided regarding foreign and economic policy, over decades of poor decisions going back to the early 1990s and the time of the DLC.

We saw NAFTA rammed down our throat supported by a Democratic President, where the vast majority our Senators and Reps voted against.

Personally, I saw (500) jobs disappear virtually overnight in a (9,000 employee) manufacturing facility of a Fortune 500 company where I worked, where the starting pay was $11.50-13.50/Hour (DOE) back in the mid '90s, including two friends that worked on those lines. Subsequently, the same company shut down virtually all manufacturing lines and relocated them to Ireland, Puerto Rico, and Singapore, and several thousand more high paying manufacturing jobs (Including management, engineers, sales and marketing, etc...) in order to take advantage of corporate tax loopholes.

These stories exist across America, and yes the Democratic Party at senior levels was responsible for that trade agreement.

Is it any wonder that Donald Trump has made this a major issue, when it appears for many Democratic voters that the Party is so much in favor of "Free Trade" without providing "Fair Trade" that actually provides the labor and environmental protections, job retraining and education policies that were promised when the Democratic Party DLC (Now thankfully retired) chose to go that route???

I know many posters on this forum, including a huge number of red avatars, don't actually remember what happened because they are too young, nor saw friends, family, and even communities impacted by the destruction caused by a Neo-Corporatist vision as part of a giant "race to the bottom" based upon a Globalist vision that appears to care more about Wall Street investors where everything is Profit/Loss and not about investing in America Inc....

Don't blame Bernie for actually speaking the truth when it comes to the collusion of *both* political parties in the selling out of America to the highest bidder.

I'm an Independent. I agree with you on some of your things. I do believe that NAFTA has cost jobs and I am not for the TPP. However, taxing Wall Street to eternity will cost jobs. You can't destroy Wall Street and expect economic prosperity.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »

Speak English we are in America. The average person doesn't speak Spanish

... you really are unpleasant. Hopefully you'll grow out of it.

He may have a point. I speak Spanish. I don't know if that will play well with swing voters.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 07:41:09 PM »

Bob Casey (D-Pa.) is a bland speaker. Maybe that's why he's never considered for vice president. He knows good retail politics in Pa. though.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 08:06:21 PM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »

Sen. Booker is truly a good orator. He would have outshined Clinton had she picked him for VP. He'll probably run for president in 2020 or 2024.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »

Booker is a star. He's like another Obama. He'll run in 2020 or 2024.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 09:15:16 PM »

Booker is a star. He's like another Obama. He'll run in 2020 or 2024.
Booker has that James Buchanan problem. He's not married. Historically, it makes it difficult for a candidate to win.

You're right. That's why Michael Bloomberg and Andrew Cuomo probably don't have a chance at being president. I see New York congressman Hakeem Jeffries being an star as well. He's married and has children.

http://www.ozy.com/rising-stars/hakeem-jeffries-brooklyns-barack/62279
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 09:17:26 PM »

I don't always agree with Michelle Obama, but she is a good speaker.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »

Yes, the economic system is rigged in a sense. However, Sen. Warren, what's the purpose of an education? To be indoctrinated? Or to become successful and make it? How about people that want to be rich? You can't achieve for greatness?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »

Wow, Elizabeth Warren really would love to see a class war.  She is SO divisive.  Any Democrats wanna complain about how dark this speech is?

No, we want to END the class war that your party has started with trickle-down economics and crony capitalism.

Nice try.

You also want to END success. Do you have something against success? Because in school, we were told to achieve and dream BIG= WEALTH/SUCCESS
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies