Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:50:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 45439 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: July 25, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »

Yikes, Sanders delegates boo when Sanders himself says "We have got to defeat Donald Trump and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

He needs to get real with them. Take off the kiddie gloves and tell them not to be children. He needs to get personal and emotional and explain why it is so important to him why Donald Trump can't be elected.

This is a clusterf-ck. I totally overestimated the sanity of his supporters, which I didn't think was possible. If Hillary loses the general, it's at least partly on Bernie. He helped create this mess.

If Hillary Clinton loses it will be Hillary Clinton's fault. She could have offered an olive branch long ago.

You're kidding. Their positions are like, 95% similar. These people are fools.

And the sad thing is, the ones who became delegates were obviously the most passionate among them. Not good.

And of course CNN has Reince Priebus on to comment. Where were the major Democratic surrogates when sh-t hit the fan at the RNC?

Well-known arm of the RNC: CNN!

Election seasons make people think some odd things.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:38:17 PM »

When Democrats talk about passing Civil Rights, lol.
I mean, they kinda did. Not that Republicans didn't help, but the 1960s Democratic Party was not just the Wallace wing.

I swear, if they boo Elijah Cummings I'm gonna scream...
They already booed Clyburn and are chanting "No TPP" as I type this.

Northern Democrats were very essential in passing civil rights, I'll give them credit about that any day of the week.  What I hate, however, is when modern day liberals can't just leave it at that and make up fantasies and lies like "the Republicans who supported it were all liberals, and the Democrats who didn't were conservatives who became Republicans right after!" (Both of those claims are, obviously, 100% false, as a wealth of historical evidence shows.

Anywho, back to this shltshow. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:37:56 PM »

booing of Al Franken when he says 'when Hiillary accepts the nomination'.

Like two people Roll Eyes

Idk, I thought it was kind of substantial.

Sorry for pointing it out...

Yet, Ted Cruz throwing your candidate under the bus at the RNC was no big deal. Got it.

Such a trip.

I know you probably look at the world as good solid Democrats and those people who are just too stupid or ignorant to see the light, but ElectionsGuy is a libertarian who is not supporting Trump.

Your post sounds stupid as shlt.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:11:48 PM »

The Bernie thugs chanting "War hawk!" I guess we know where jfern is tonight. Jill Stein, please take your hippies back to the Woodstock Convention.

They all should just stop pretending and just join the Republican party. With Trump in control, it is their true ideological and political home.

Give it up, you tool.  It's not happening.  The Democratic Party is not losing economic progressives to become a party of pure enlightenment and affluence, no matter how hard that gets you.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 09:49:49 PM »

These Bernie protesters ARE the millennial generation, folks.  This is the result of years of participation trophies and coddled feelings.  You can't tell these people no!

Supporters of Robert Taft, Eugene McCarthy, George McGovern, Reagan in '76 etc were all likely more 'passionate' than these Bernieites.

McCarthy's goons were definitely the original BernBots!  Videos of them are scary.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 10:09:52 PM »

The corporatist Democratic Party, everyone!!

LMFAO
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 10:13:24 PM »

Robin Hood to speak next to explain their free education plan next. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:58 PM »

Yes, stop the TPP!!! That's the main issue I wish the Clinton wing of the party would concede on.

Clinton herself did, and Democratic Congressmen oppose it with huge majorities, so who really cares?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 10:27:11 PM »

Yes, stop the TPP!!! That's the main issue I wish the Clinton wing of the party would concede on.

Clinton herself did, and Democratic Congressmen oppose it with huge majorities, so who really cares?

And, in any case, it will be ratified in December Smiley

Yes, thankfully.  Kudos to Congressional Republicans. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »

Anti-TPP, anti-big-pharma, single payer healthcare. Will Hillary live up to any of this? I don't theenk so.
Without huge majorities, of course not.

Thank god she'll still support TPP.

You keep saying that, but there's no way she will that blatantly flip her position, especially in her first term.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 10:30:13 PM »

I hate it too, despite the fact Democrats support free trade, the unions have hijacked the issue.

Democrats DON'T support free trade, quite obviously.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »

Indeed it can be. Protectionism transformed America from a harmless colonial backwater into an economic and military titan that surpassed the great powers of Europe.

When we were a developing economy, it was helpful.  Economists realize we're not, and it's not.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 10:41:00 PM »

While Obama is in office, Republicans are more skeptical of free trade, and when Bush was in office, support was much, much lower among Democrats; Gallup poll history backs that up.

I was talking about politicians.  Republican Congressmen are going to, by and large, be a reliable vote for free trade, and Democratic Congressmen are going to continue to provide the bulk of the opposition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies