Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:40:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 45424 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 25, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »

Carry on, guys. I'll going to get my popcorn and then I'll continue to read this thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:59:46 PM »

Honestly ready to cry at what these people are doing to a woman who has devoted her whole goddamn life to serving the underserved. It comes from all sides. What should be a positive four days will be ruined by a crowd that is 40% BernieBros.

You can pin it all at BernieBros (with whose attitude I don't agree, ftr) if you want, but Hillary's weakness and problems as a candidate goes deep beyond that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »

I'd laugh at your immature antics in this thread, but the matter is just too serious.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »

Hagrid is just upset because he's afraid that Trump will cuck his beloved Trudeau
Hagrid does not like Trudeau and voted Conservative in 2015.

And it was the most difficult vote I've ever cast. But a Barbaric Cultural Practices Hotline is small beans compared to Donald Trump. I will probably vote Liberal in the next federal election though, unless Trudeau gives me a real reason not to (which is distinctly possible).

Anyway, how if Hagrid's vote in the Canadian election relevant to what we're discussing now?

Or you just were compulsively making noises.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:17:37 PM »

Forget about the super delegates, we need to end caucuses and open primaries. That way independents don't get to vote and another insurgency like Sanders never happens again.

Except open primaries brings new people into the party, Sanders not Sanders (I agree about the caucuses, though, it's a travesty). I'd leave some primaries open, if only as an indication of indy votes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 04:18:37 PM »

I'm dissapointed with Sanchez. OK, as a Trump supporter he's glad to see problems with the other party convention. We'd feel the same way if it happened at the RNC. But he should stop being a douchebag, tormening every poster that doesn't share his position.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »

Forget about the super delegates, we need to end caucuses and open primaries. That way independents don't get to vote and another insurgency like Sanders never happens again.

90% of Sanders voters has nothing to do with these fringes. Please don't use collective responsibility logic here,
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 04:49:15 PM »

anyways, to the people complaining about the ~horrible bernie-bros~ (Cry) ― that's what happens when you spend the entire primary season shˇtting on both sanders and his supporters ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ

Yes. Clinton supporters should stop playing saints, or abandon their entitlement mentality (zomgz how they dared oppose The Hillary?). I supported Sanders during primary, now I'm hoping for Clinton victory, but, God, some of your attitudes are making me sick. So yeah, continue to push them away, but don't complain later.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »

anyways, to the people complaining about the ~horrible bernie-bros~ (Cry) ― that's what happens when you spend the entire primary season shˇtting on both sanders and his supporters ㄟ(ツ)ㄏ

Yes. Clinton supporters should stop playing saints, or abandon their entitlement mentality (zomgz how they dared oppose The Hillary?). I supported Sanders during primary, now I'm hoping for Clinton victory, but, God, some of your attitudes are making me sick. So yeah, continue to push them away, but don't complain later.
Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.

5-10% of Sanders voters are like that, but the vast majority are ready to play with the team. Please see some distinction. Those are ones the party will need in November and in the future. They are not f**king enemies here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 04:54:24 PM »

Why not push the people in this crowd away.  They are never going to vote for us.  They are nihilist assholes who want to burn down the system.  Nothing more.

5-10% of Sanders voters are like that, but the vast majority are ready to play with the team. Please see some distinction. Those are ones the party will need in November and in the future. They are not f**king enemies here.
And we do, read the posts.  Only calling out the booing members.

OK, but I see too much generalization booing jerks = Sanders voters in this thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »

Two wrongs don't make one right.

oh, i'm not saying that. but it's hard to feel sorry for the likes of lief and jerry, or whoever
Guess when Germany is invaded by Russia, I shouldn't feel sorry for them because of you?

I'll certainly feel sorry for my American friends if Trump wins, even though at the same time I'd consider the mindless hacks getting what they deserved (albeit at very high cost).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »

Apparently Bill's speech tonight might be longer than an hour. This'll be good. Hopefully he plays the sax.

I hope he devotes a section to explicitly battling the claims of Berners.

Bill should keep as low profile as possible. There's already an annoying and demeaning tendency to treat Hillary and Bill almost like one and the same person, at least politically, which isn't a good thing for her campaign.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »

I just hope he can go that long without collapsing.  He really does not look good.

Now that you mention this, he aged... significantly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies