Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 44920 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 25, 2016, 09:09:30 AM »

I predict Bernie delegates will create more chaos than the #NeverTrumpers did last week.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:04:36 AM »

You should see the little intro video CNN is playing to introduce their DNCC coverage. My God. Could it be any more obvious how hard they're trying to keep the election a horserace?

2/3 of the intro featured clips of Bernie protestors, supporters, and surrogates talking about how pissed they are.

And now CNN is showing wall-to-wall coverage of DWS's disastrous breakfast speech. Someone needs to tell this selfish dope to get the f-ck out.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »

Yikes, Sanders delegates boo when Sanders himself says "We have got to defeat Donald Trump and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

He needs to get real with them. Take off the kiddie gloves and tell them not to be children. He needs to get personal and emotional and explain why it is so important to him why Donald Trump can't be elected.

This is a clusterf-ck. I totally overestimated the sanity of his supporters, which I didn't think was possible. If Hillary loses the general, it's at least partly on Bernie. He helped create this mess.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 12:47:01 PM »

Yikes, Sanders delegates boo when Sanders himself says "We have got to defeat Donald Trump and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

He needs to get real with them. Take off the kiddie gloves and tell them not to be children. He needs to get personal and emotional and explain why it is so important to him why Donald Trump can't be elected.

This is a clusterf-ck. I totally overestimated the sanity of his supporters, which I didn't think was possible. If Hillary loses the general, it's at least partly on Bernie. He helped create this mess.

If Hillary Clinton loses it will be Hillary Clinton's fault. She could have offered an olive branch long ago.

You're kidding. Their positions are like, 95% similar. These people are fools.

And the sad thing is, the ones who became delegates were obviously the most passionate among them. Not good.

And of course CNN has Reince Priebus on to comment. Where were the major Democratic surrogates when sh-t hit the fan at the RNC?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »

These stupid f-ckers are going to hand the election to Trump. I am furious. Hillary is so decent. She came way closer in 2008 and we saw none of this garbage. When will they get it through their thick skulls that they f-cking LOST.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »

Honestly ready to cry at what these people are doing to a woman who has devoted her whole goddamn life to serving the underserved. It comes from all sides. What should be a positive four days will be ruined by a crowd that is 40% BernieBros.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »

If you are Republican, turn the damn convention off and stop your damn nagging. If you hate Democrats and Hillary, why watch?
For fun. Also, you all were very vocal about the so called disaster in Cleveland. I want to watch you sink into total panic. Enjoy President Drumph!

The difference is, we're on the correct side and you're not.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »

If you are Republican, turn the damn convention off and stop your damn nagging. If you hate Democrats and Hillary, why watch?
For fun. Also, you all were very vocal about the so called disaster in Cleveland. I want to watch you sink into total panic. Enjoy President Drumph!

The difference is, we're on the correct side and you're not.
First of all, you're Canadian. You aren't put of any "we" at all.

Second of all, that is the worst Atlas argument ever. Seriously. And you want to teach?

I can identify with whatever movement I want.

And frankly, there are no other arguments that matter. It's the truth. Donald Trump has done inexcusable things that go so beyond the pale that he is disqualified from consideration as an option for anyone with a working heart or brain. You're an ass.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 04:10:54 PM »

Hagrid is just upset because he's afraid that Trump will cuck his beloved Trudeau
Hagrid does not like Trudeau and voted Conservative in 2015.

And it was the most difficult vote I've ever cast. But a Barbaric Cultural Practices Hotline is small beans compared to Donald Trump. I will probably vote Liberal in the next federal election though, unless Trudeau gives me a real reason not to (which is distinctly possible).
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 04:35:02 PM »

I want to f-cking throw something. They are heckling hero and known FF Elijah Cummings as he speaks about education, diversity, etc. GO TO HELL YOU DUMBASS ER sh**tHOLES

They should cancel the goddamn convention.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 05:53:31 PM »

Can they change the seating plan mid-convention?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 06:00:31 PM »

Could you be any more of imbecilic teenaged boy?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »

Dude, the RNC music was bad too. They should've played Sinatra's New York New York during the balloon drop. Instead they played a Stones song that had no connection at all.

Calm down dude. How are you gonna handle your future students?

I already have students who I've trained to be much more respectful than you, thanks.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 06:32:20 PM »

Dude, the RNC music was bad too. They should've played Sinatra's New York New York during the balloon drop. Instead they played a Stones song that had no connection at all.

Calm down dude. How are you gonna handle your future students?

I already have students who I've trained to be much more respectful than you, thanks.
I don't owe a random Canadian guy from an internet forum who is like two years older than me any "respect" nor have I actually disrespected you personally in any way, so I'm quite confused.

I never said you owe me respect. Just that your behaviour is generally disrespectful. It's your character that it's reflecting poorly on.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »

Are people really saying it has died down?

The optics of this continue to be horrible. There's a continuous low rumble that was not present at the RNC.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 08:42:15 PM »

Lol, chill out. I'm not obliged to play into the fantasy that everything is going well. It's not going well.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:50 PM »

Maybe the best speech of the night, but it misses out on the accolade of "good speech" because half the audience is talking and shouting over him.

Honestly, none of the highlights of this convention will play well because they will all be polluted by heckles.

I mean, I question whether Hillary will even be able to appear without immediately taking a hit in the polls.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 09:00:46 PM »

Maybe the best speech of the night, but it misses out on the accolade of "good speech" because half the audience is talking and shouting over him.

Honestly, none of the highlights of this convention will play well because they will all be polluted by heckles.

I mean, I question whether Hillary will even be able to appear without immediately taking a hit in the polls.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »

Is there a chance this backfires on the Bernie or Busters? This is incredibly rude.

I've many tweets from non-crazy Sanders supporters that are getting pissed.

Yeah. I honestly wonder whether Hillary would do better if she ran against the far-left base.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »

Bernie Sanders' speech does not seem, on paper, like it will hit things out of the park. It needs to.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 09:56:36 PM »

Reading the end of his speech, I am wondering if Hillary is going to come out on stage with him.

That would be a huge, huge mistake.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »

I'm not sure if some Sanders delegates realize that this isn't a contested convention, so they might throw a fit if that happens. As we saw during the primaries, many of them were not well versed on the rules.

Whose fault is it again that they think it's a contested convention? Roll Eyes
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »

Apparently Bill's speech tonight might be longer than an hour. This'll be good. Hopefully he plays the sax.

I hope he devotes a section to explicitly battling the claims of Berners.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

Donna Brazile was fantastic.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »

Purple heart

This convention makes me want to be a Democrat. It's impossible in real life, but for the first time this campaign I'm really tempted to sport a red avatar.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies