Inescapable PA: Massive data dump and maps, maps, and more maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:14:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Inescapable PA: Massive data dump and maps, maps, and more maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inescapable PA: Massive data dump and maps, maps, and more maps  (Read 975 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2016, 07:35:21 AM »
« edited: July 25, 2016, 07:37:38 AM by Torie »

If this long article isn't salivating inducing succulent red meat to forumites, nothing is. The article in the end does not say anything that those of use who are fascinated by a most unhip state that has such dramatic cross trends going on between its various parts, did not already know, but it is still fascinating. And yes, Trump needs to win it, or he's done. It will be a great experiment in whether the Trump nationalistic/populist/authoritarian message can get white working class voters to have a turnout that finally matches, if not exceeds, that of blacks, as well as get them to trend rather sharply in his direction. PA is ground zero in this election. It certainly isn't VA, nor CO. Those states have too many educated whites to give Trump an opening. Another interesting thing to watch is whether PA votes more Pub this time than Florida. How much of the Cuban vote will Trump manage to hold, among other things, will be a key factor.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »

Good Job, Miles for contributing to the article.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »

Congrats to Miles for his work!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:33:33 AM »

Outstanding article. I think the author's prediction of a narrow Clinton win, with the possibility for a Trump squeaker, are spot on. Turnout is key in PA, from my understanding, and he'll need a real turnout game there to succeed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 10:20:18 AM »

Ah, I didn't connect the dots. Very impressive work Miles. And I didn't know you were part of a "decision desk." Awesome. And folks say sometimes that the quality of our posters sucks. They really  don't have a clue - at all! Smiley
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »

Outstanding article. I think the author's prediction of a narrow Clinton win, with the possibility for a Drumpf squeaker, are spot on. Turnout is key in PA, from my understanding, and he'll need a real turnout game there to succeed.
Thankfully he doesn't have one!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »

Outstanding article. I think the author's prediction of a narrow Clinton win, with the possibility for a Drumpf squeaker, are spot on. Turnout is key in PA, from my understanding, and he'll need a real turnout game there to succeed.

You've joined our side too!? Wow, this has been a great year for red avatars! Smiley

Anyway, I agree that PA will be ground zero for this election, and that it will be a test of not only whether or not a coalition of mainly white working class voters is enough to win an election, but whether or not a campaign without much infrastructure can flip a state that Democrats have consistently won.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 02:49:36 PM »

Phenomenal content.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:49:47 PM »

A lot of good analysis to come to the conclusion that Trump almost certainly isn't going to win Pennsylvania.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 07:11:43 PM »

Thanks, everyone!

Brandon has been researching PA for a while, and I was impressed with what he came up with. I just put his data into map form! Smiley
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:19 PM »

Excellent stuff. Looks like PA needs its own "driftless area".
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 08:20:45 PM »

We need more PA polls. The one's out of Luzerne are terrifying, but not I'm ready to consider it a 100% tossup until I see more polling.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »

You've joined our side too!? Wow, this has been a great year for red avatars! Smiley

Anyway, I agree that PA will be ground zero for this election, and that it will be a test of not only whether or not a coalition of mainly white working class voters is enough to win an election, but whether or not a campaign without much infrastructure can flip a state that Democrats have consistently won.
Xingkerui, are you a fiscal conservative or a social conservative?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2016, 08:43:11 PM »

We need more PA polls. The one's out of Luzerne are terrifying, but not I'm ready to consider it a 100% tossup until I see more polling.

Isn't Lackawanna (Scranton) where the bulk of the Dem advantage in that region lies, anyhow? My understanding is that Luzerne has been pretty narrowly Dem for ages and trending the wrong way anyhow.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2016, 09:08:42 PM »

Isn't Lackawanna (Scranton) where the bulk of the Dem advantage in that region lies, anyhow? My understanding is that Luzerne has been pretty narrowly Dem for ages and trending the wrong way anyhow.

Latest polling shows Trump up 55-32% in Luzerne county, which would be devastating for Clinton.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »

Xingkerui, are you a fiscal conservative or a social conservative?

Uh... neither.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies