Things Clinton Democrats don't seem to get (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:04:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Things Clinton Democrats don't seem to get (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things Clinton Democrats don't seem to get  (Read 4626 times)
pikachu
United States

« on: July 26, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »

How much of the Democrats' problem is messaging and how is because their candidate just isn't very good? She's at ~40% favorability, has 24 years of scandals and baggage, and all of her husband's problems. If a generic D like Hickenlooper, Klobucher, Kaine, Jerry Brown, Gillibrant, etc, was running against Donald Trump, with a similar message, would he/she be having the same problems? On the converse, I'd bet that boring, standard generic R would have a solid lead over Hillary right now.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »

How much of the Democrats' problem is messaging and how is because their candidate just isn't very good? She's at ~40% favorability, has 24 years of scandals and baggage, and all of her husband's problems. If a generic D like Hickenlooper, Klobucher, Kaine, Jerry Brown, Gillibrant, etc, was running against Donald Trump, with a similar message, would he/she be having the same problems? On the converse, I'd bet that boring, standard generic R would have a solid lead over Hillary right now.

Because the GOP hate machine and the media would let Jerry Brown or Hickenlooper claim the presidency unscathed. LOL.

It's like some of you guys don't even realize how elections work. Everyone looks like a stronger candidate...until they actually run.

I've supported Hillary since it became clear that Bernie was the only alternative, but it's not that crazy to think that another Democratic candidate could have favorables close to Obama and be coasting to victory over Trump right now. The fundamentals are still good for her and I think she'll win, but a Democratic presidential candidate should be doing better in these conditions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies