Bernie gets booed by hundreds of protesters for several minutes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie gets booed by hundreds of protesters for several minutes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bernie gets booed by hundreds of protesters for several minutes  (Read 2880 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »

Bernie got booed again this morning speaking to the CA delegation (which seems home to the largest faction of Bernie or Busters)

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/757943143417413632

he told them
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »

God damn it California. I really hope they move the California delegation today.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »

Bernie got booed again this morning speaking to the CA delegation (which seems home to the largest faction of Bernie or Busters)

he told them
Oh he said that. Awesome. I wish he had towed that line a LOT earlier!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »

But if they're booing Bernie can such people really be called BernieBots? I'd say the real BernieBots are those who are switching to Hillary purely because their Comrade says so.

No, Berniebros were noted for their aggression/spamming/misogyny/Hillary hatred far more than for their devotion to Bernie. I always knew they'd throw him under the bus once he endorsed her.

But if they're booing Bernie can such people really be called BernieBots? I'd say the real BernieBots are those who are switching to Hillary purely because their Comrade says so.

And they're a vast majority of those who voted for Sanders. So we have a fraction of fringes. It always happens. If Sanders were the nominee, there would be a few of Hillary PUMAs too.

According to an article I read, the reason for his delegates acting out is because all the party loyalists were already dedicated to Hillary, so many Sanders delegates were random activists or complete unknowns, many of whom probably aren't even Democrats (or weren't before this election.) That would partially explain why there weren't angry PUMA protests in the convention in 2008, as party loyalists would be on both ends. Also the fact that it was much harder to construct your own alternate reality in a social media bubble back in 2008.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »

he told them

LOL. They must've felt the bern from that one.

Maybe this is where jfern has been all this time?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 09:51:32 AM »

He should, like Big Don said, go home and go asleep. Bernard let his supporters down.

What exactly was Bernie supposed to do? What could he do to not "let his supporters down" as you say?

I guess President Johnson would have wanted Bernie to endorse his hero, Mr. Drumpf.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 03:13:44 PM »

He should, like Big Don said, go home and go asleep. Bernard let his supporters down.

What exactly was Bernie supposed to do? What could he do to not "let his supporters down" as you say?

I guess President Johnson would have wanted Bernie to endorse his hero, Mr. Drumpf.

I never expected Bernard to endorse Big Don. That's ok. But he let his supporters down by endorsing someone, who stands for the establishment he rallied against. Someone, who takes big money from all over the pace and someone who has, as he pointed out, bad judgement. You will see, if she gets in, she'll push for TPP very hard and do nothing against the tramendous trade deficit Bernard was complaining about. If they care about these issues, his supporters should join the TRUMP-Train.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies