Does the Russian DNC hack help Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Does the Russian DNC hack help Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does the Russian DNC hack help Trump?  (Read 1248 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 04:02:20 PM »

He was sarcastic. That's Trump's humor, which the Dems don't get, but the people of America do.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 04:17:15 PM »

He was sarcastic. That's Trump's humor, which the Dems don't get, but the people of America do.

Don't worry.  After a short while, the media will start focusing on one of a myriad of Trump controversies (his finances, not releasing his tax returns, trashing John McCain, Trump University--you name it), and then we'll see what happens to Trump's sense of humor...
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 04:48:25 PM »

Yes, at least for now. Does anyone doubt the intentions behind this hack?

I don't know what you are talking about.

Why do you think the emails were released exactly when they were?
Because Wikileaks knows when best to time it to get the most publicity possible. I just hope they get release these Clinton Foundation e-mails at another opportune time.
dirks

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 05:29:55 PM »

Do we have it 100% confirmed that it was the Russians?

I mean I don't doubt they could be behind this. Remember the west orchestrated that coup in Ukraine against that pro Russian govt. that caused nothing but death, destruction, and various dangerous fascist elements to surface in Ukraine...Russia no doubt would want to strike back
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 05:38:52 PM »

Consider this: This is happening in the midst of (1) a surprisingly normal-looking convention bounce for Trump and (2) about a month of consistent movement toward Trump in the polls since he bottomed out at -7 in mid-June. So, while it seems pretty unlikely that this will actually have a substantive effect on the election, it is extremely likely that we are about to see a couple of weeks of commentary that treats it as if it really has.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »

Do we have it 100% confirmed that it was the Russians?

Hardly: Mook and Podesta were looking to deflect attention from Clinton and needed an immediate plausible answer. Obviously, their response will look dumb and deceitful if this turns out to be someone else. (And, honestly, given what we know about the technical details of the hack it could have been almost anyone.) But that could be weeks or even months from now, by which time the entire affair will probably be reduced to an inconsequential footnote.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »

It's hard for me to fully express how disappointed I am in Clinton, Obama and the DNC in general:

Seems that way for many people. 

Not for me, though.  There are many candidates on your state's ballot.  Pick one who is not Clinton and vote for that candidate.  Cathartic and liberating.  Best of all, not difficult.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »

It's hard for me to fully express how disappointed I am in Clinton, Obama and the DNC in general:

Not for me, though.  There are many candidates on your state's ballot.  Pick one who is not Clinton and vote for that candidate.  Cathartic and liberating.  Best of all, not difficult.

Unless Trump then wins your state by a single vote, and you spend the rest of your life going "I could have stopped it". (The same basically applies to Clinton, of course. God damn the system that's given us this "choice". Every major figure in both parties should be given a "choice" of shooting themselves in the head or being shipped to Antarctica.)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still voting Democratic downballot & for Clinton, but... I'm just fed up with this constant bs surrounding Clinton and the DNC. Like it just doesn't matter anymore if it's true or not, deserved or not, or whatever, I'm just tired of it. We should be better and do better than this. As for Obama, I'm very annoyed that he kept DWS around just to push onto Clinton to deal with, thus ensuring this situation. For as many positives Obama has and my fondness for him in other respects, he should have given more of a sh**t about our party.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 06:55:22 PM by angus »

Every major figure in both parties should be given a "choice" of shooting themselves in the head or being shipped to Antarctica.

In Egypt or Mexico that might be the case, but we pride ourselves on open and free elections.  We have a good many stupid laws, but we have only ourselves to blame.

I shall not take the blame of having a Trump presidency or a Clinton presidency, because I will not vote for either of them.  No matter how you, and people who believe what you believe, like to spin it, a vote for Casper The Friendly Ghost is a vote for Casper The Friendly Ghost.  It is not a vote for Trump and it is not a vote for Clinton, whether Casper wins by one or looses by a hundred million, I will vote for him rather than either of two narcissistic megalomaniacs and if one of those two narcissistic magalomaniacs win you will blame me, and many will, but I will know that it wasn't me who put either of them in office.  Every chance I get I encourage others not to vote for either of them.  It is astonishing that people still implies that this somehow means that I want Trump (or Clinton, if they prefer Trump) to win.  The logic doesn't hold.

When your best campaign speech is "Well, at least she's not the other guy" then you really ought to consider supporting a different candidate.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 08:26:45 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Every major figure in both parties should be given a "choice" of shooting themselves in the head or being shipped to Antarctica.

In Egypt or Mexico that might be the case, but we pride ourselves on open and free elections.  We have a good many stupid laws, but we have only ourselves to blame.

I shall not take the blame of having a Trump presidency or a Clinton presidency, because I will not vote for either of them.  No matter how you, and people who believe what you believe, like to spin it, a vote for Casper The Friendly Ghost is a vote for Casper The Friendly Ghost.  It is not a vote for Trump and it is not a vote for Clinton, whether Casper wins by one or looses by a hundred million, I will vote for him rather than either of two narcissistic megalomaniacs and if one of those two narcissistic magalomaniacs win you will blame me, and many will, but I will know that it wasn't me who put either of them in office.  Every chance I get I encourage others not to vote for either of them.  It is astonishing that people still implies that this somehow means that I want Trump (or Clinton, if they prefer Trump) to win.  The logic doesn't hold.

When your best campaign speech is "Well, at least she's not the other guy" then you really ought to consider supporting a different candidate.

(Slightly off topic here, but ....)
It's impossible for "a different candidate" to win.
If you don't like either, fine .... if they both have bad qualities, OK .... I understand.
But what it comes down to is that either trump or Hillary are going to be the next president ... period .... no others.
So if you want to make a difference in the election outcome, you vote for one of them. Even if you want to look at it, using the principal of  .... voting for the lesser of two evils. And another thing .... they are both not equally bad/evil .... no one is exactly the same as another person ... not even twins.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 04:03:03 AM »

One must wonder what they plan to release week(s) before the election. That shouldn't be ruled out. My money is on them releasing some real dirt sometime in late October. IF there is more damaging material from that hack, it could very well tank this election for Democrats if used right.

1. Clinton knew she had huge amounts of baggage and still ran, putting us in this spot. The party never should have bowed to her, given her liabilities as a candidate.

2. Obama knew DWS was a monstrosity and a disaster waiting to happen, and he refused to force her out because he didn't want to deal with the negative press. Now look where we are. He cares so much about his legacy and yet his inept leadership of the party has put even that in danger now. I like Obama on numerous levels, but his stewardship of the Democratic party has been awful and he deserves a lot of blame for keeping Debbie on well past the average tenure of DNC chairs.

3. The DNC should have had better security on their network, and yet again proves that high-risk organizations and the old, technologically-inept leaders are utterly incapable of understanding how enormous the dangers of being hacked are. Further, proper DNC leadership should have shut down these little meddling conversations and kept the party strictly neutral. I don't think anything was rigged like people have whined about, but the emails reveal conversations and ideas that never should have happened.

Thanks Obama!

Very, very true.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »

The question is pointless because no "Russian"  dnc hack ever happened.
If you are sure that the hackers were Russians then you must admit that Clinton emails were also hacked since FBI director stated she used her private email during the visits to "adversary" countries. Consequently Clinton must be indicted and jailed.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »

If you are sure that the hackers were Russians then you must admit that Clinton emails were also hacked since FBI director stated she used her private email during the visits to "adversary" countries. Consequently Clinton must be indicted and jailed.

Maybe you should concentrate on "indicting and jailing" those individuals high-up in you government (including Putin) who are responsible for all the doping, and cover-up of doping, of your Russian athletes. Seems like many of your athletes are now banned from the Rio 2016 games.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »

Maybe you should concentrate on "indicting and jailing" those individuals high-up in you government (including Putin) who are responsible for all the doping, and cover-up of doping, of your Russian athletes. Seems like many of your athletes are now banned from the Rio 2016 games.

This forum focuses on US election. To discuss  Olympics go to some other place.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »

they are both not equally bad/evil ....

I don't disagree with that, but I will not vote for Trump or Clinton.  My main point was to express objection to the illogical bit about how voting for Candidate C helps Candidate B.  I've been hearing that since the eighth grade, when Mister Southard explained how voting for John Anderson was actually a vote for Ronald Reagan, and again in 1992 when it was Ross Perot's fault that George Bush lost, and again in 2000 when it was Ralph Nader's fault that Al Gore lost.  Carter, Bush, and Gore lost because of Carter, Bush, and Gore.  My vote is equally against Trump and Clinton, although I agree that they are different.  I have no doubt that Clinton has the sort of experience and knowledge (of people and policy) that generally serves as excellent preparation for the office of the presidency, whereas Trump is not only manifestly unsuited for the job, but probably has no serious interest in performing it even if he were to win.  With Clinton, we'll enter into really bad contracts in a carefully planned way.  With Trump, we'll enter them without preparation.  I don't care for either of those situations. 
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 10:10:52 AM »

The FBI is investigating the hack http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-democratic-convention-2016-live-fbi-confirms-it-is-investigating-hack-1469461029-htmlstory.html

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies