Clinton Ending Colorado Ads For Now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Ending Colorado Ads For Now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clinton Ending Colorado Ads For Now  (Read 1470 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/07/clinton-stops-colorado-ads-226131

So on a day when many of us on Team D are understandably stressing, some good news: it appears that Clinton is confident enough in CO that they are yanking their ad buy there, for now
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »

Trump is not advertising in any state.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »

From inside sources, Clinton has a "sizable lead" there. At least that's what Politico is saying
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:27 PM »

Yes, hilariously, polling of Colorado has Clinton surprisingly strong. So much for Bad Atlas insight.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 01:23:32 PM »

Yes, hilariously, polling of Colorado has Clinton surprisingly strong. So much for Bad Atlas insight.

Clinton isn't going by what the public polls are saying. She's going by what Joel Benenson, her pollster, is saying when he does deep dive polling that's more accurate than anything we see
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »

Pull ads from Nevada, too.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »

Why? Nevada is far more competitive than Colorado.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »

She has to get a sizable lead to do that
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »

I'm sure Seriously? and the rest of the blue avatars will be posting that this means that Trump has those states locked up.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 01:38:25 PM »

I wonder what their internal polling is saying about NV. For the last five elections NV has actually averaged 2-4% more D than CO.  It is hard to believe that NV has swung so hard to the R side as the few recent public polls indicate.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »

She could stand to move those ads eastward and westward to that one state between Nevada and Colorado, if you get my drift.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 01:39:42 PM »

There have been almost no polls from NV...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 01:43:44 PM by a.scott »

Nevada Demographic Statistics
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 19.7%

Colorado Demographic Statistis
Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 17.1%

Party Registration - Nevada (active voters)
627,079 Democrats (40.33%)
521,886 Republicans (33.56%)

Party Registration - Colorado (active voters)
980,352 Republicans (32.77)
988,410 Democrats (32.51%)

Nevada = Safe D.
JRP1994

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »

Clinton isn't going by what the public polls are saying. She's going by what Joel Benenson, her pollster, is saying when he does deep dive polling that's more accurate than anything we see

[Citation needed]
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 01:44:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Glad to see Clinton realizes that PA is the state that will decide this election.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »

I wonder what their internal polling is saying about NV. For the last five elections NV has actually averaged 2-4% more D than CO.  It is hard to believe that NV has swung so hard to the R side as the few recent public polls indicate.

Nevada had the wild, unruly Sanders delegation which behaved like a bunch of two year olds. Maybe there is more BernieorBust sentiment in NV than CO
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 01:51:31 PM »

It's the poorly educated.
We love the poorly educated.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »

Colorado's large educated population is what's making it safe D,  not the CO Hispanics.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »

Nevada had the wild, unruly Sanders delegation which behaved like a bunch of two year olds. Maybe there is more BernieorBust sentiment in NV than CO

Well Hillary actually won NV but lost CO caucus, also in the final meeting more Hillary people showed up in NV, which caused all the rukkus. So not sure the Bernie or Bust movement is stronger in NV.  But team Clinton is still running ads there. I can see it more R than CO by a little bit, but more R than PA (as the public polling indicates)? 

I continue to be convinced that in a close election it will come down to Trump winning the FL/OH/PA trifecta.  Pulling off the FL/OH/IA/NH/NV+ME2 super bank shot seems far fetched.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 01:59:20 PM »

Well Hillary actually won NV but lost CO caucus, also in the final meeting more Hillary people showed up in NV, which caused all the rukkus. So not sure the Bernie or Bust movement is stronger in NV.  But team Clinton is still running ads there. I can see it more R than CO by a little bit, but more R than PA (as the public polling indicates)? 

I continue to be convinced that in a close election it will come down to Trump winning the FL/OH/PA trifecta.  Pulling off the FL/OH/IA/NH/NV+ME2 super bank shot seems far fetched.

Welcome aboard. Smiley
Been saying this for close a year now.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 02:02:31 PM »

Absolutely, and more specifically, if Trump is winning PA he is winning OH... so it really boils down to Trump needing FL and PA. If he can get both, he wins. If he loses either, it's Clinton.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 02:07:10 PM »

Absolutely, and more specifically, if Trump is winning PA he is winning OH... so it really boils down to Trump needing FL and PA. If he can get both, he wins. If he loses either, it's Clinton.

Yes, but since he will do better in PA than in FL, it really boils down to Trump needing FL, which is something I have been predicting for close to 14 months now. I even predicted that FL margin will be lower than 1%.
dirks

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »

She has to get a sizable lead to do that

Or $ issues that perhaps haven't surfaced publicly yet.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 06:20:56 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2016, 06:24:00 PM by Seriously? »

I'm sure Seriously? and the rest of the blue avatars will be posting that this means that Trump has those states locked up.
Ummm. No. Resources are allocated accordingly to how the candidates perceive the states they are running in.

Obviously, the Hillary! folks see either the state is at comfortable margin (likely) or that they are losing by a good amount (unlikely) that they are pulling their ads. Right now, it doesn't really matter what they do as Trump doesn't have ads up in Colorado (or really elsewhere for that matter).

Mark my words though, the Hillary! folks will reengage when Trump chooses to advertise in the state. This state will be close if there's a slight Trump lead nationally.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 09:26:44 PM »

Lots of working class whites in Nevada. Possibly that is why Colorado seems like more of a sure thing than Nevada. I think Clinton will pull through in Nevada due to the Hispanic vote but I suppose it could be closer than, or about the same as, Colorado in the end.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies