Bernie supporters, which comes closest to how you feel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:02:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Bernie supporters, which comes closest to how you feel?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: --
I have always like Hillary, I just liked Bernie more. I'll happily vote for her in November

I have some reservations about Hillary, but unless she really messes up, I'll still vote for her

I don't really like Hillary, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep Trump out of the White House

I might vote for Hillary, but there's a good chance I'll vote for someone else/stay home

I will almost certainly not vote for Hillary. It would take a minor miracle to get me to vote for her.

I will never vote for Hillary. #LockHerUp #HillaryForPrison

Not a Bernie supporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Bernie supporters, which comes closest to how you feel?  (Read 1547 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 03:43:34 AM »
« edited: July 26, 2016, 07:38:38 AM by I did not see L.A. »

Somewhere between 2 and 3. Voted 3.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 07:32:59 AM »

Split between Hillary, Stein and a small chance of Johnson
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 08:10:15 AM »

Not a Bernie supporter, but the Bernbots with their pretentious memes and horrid online presence made rooting for Hillary all but a necessity to bring calm to those sections of the mainstream Internet I visit.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 08:56:51 AM »

Number two, I like Hillary and a lot of her policies, enough so that I will vote for her (and I also want to see Trump crushed in the national popular vote), though I do have some concerns.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 09:14:06 AM »

fifth option.  

I cannot imagine voting for Clinton for any office under any circumstances, so part of the sixth option applies, but the sixth option also included imprisoning her, which is becoming a tiresome joke.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 11:28:45 AM »

Not a Bernie supporter, but the Bernbots with their pretentious memes and horrid online presence made rooting for Hillary all but a necessity to bring calm to those sections of the mainstream Internet I visit.

*meets with campaign consultants*

*convenes focus groups*

*analyzes results*

*meets with consultants again*

*confers with advisors to discuss national meme-herding strategy*

"Delete your account."

I agree, it is sad that modern campaigning forces her to hide behind memes and "yeah millennials!" when what this campaign is really about are the timeless values of "shut up", "fall in line", and "your revolution will never succeed".
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 03:25:32 PM »

No offense, but I don't get the Bernie supporters who are thinking of voting for Johnson. I guess I can understand Stein from an ideological standpoint, but not Johnson.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »

No offense, but I don't get the Bernie supporters who are thinking of voting for Johnson. I guess I can understand Stein from an ideological standpoint, but not Johnson.

Because Johnson and Weld are a respectable, fairly established ticket, whereas Stein frankly is economically illiterate and has no experience in politics other than as an activist.  Obviously if you're a third party-voting Bernie supporter, you're likely to have more in common with Stein than with Johnson, but Johnson is objectively more qualified for the position of President, even though it's quite an ideological jump from "healthcare is a right" to "cut the federal budget in half and hike the retirement age."
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2016, 04:08:45 PM by angus »

No offense, but I don't get the Bernie supporters who are thinking of voting for Johnson.

None taken.

Also, no offense, but I don't get the support for Donald Trump and I don't get the support for Hillary Clinton.

We'll just have to agree to not get stuff.  It's alright.

According to the most recent reliable poll (from Bloomberg, June 23), about 55% of Sanders supporters will support Clinton, 22% will vote for Trump, 18% will vote for Johnson, 4% will vote for Stein, and 1% don't know or choose others.  Those numbers will change.  In particular, I'd expect the 55% to grow between now and November.  In fact, with Sanders' endorsement last night, that may already be happening.  It'll be interesting to learn how many of us won't cave, and will vote for someone other than Clinton or Trump.  My wild guess is maybe a fifth, and that about half of that of that goes to Johnson, the most well-known and best-prepared of the minor candidates, and half goes to Trump as a protest.  Stein may get a vote or two, especially from voters who have never heard her speak or have never read anything that she has written.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »

I suppose if you supported Sanders mostly because of his stance on foreign affairs or certain social issues, it might make some sense. Obviously his take on economics doesn't line up with Johnson at all though.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2016, 11:48:28 AM »

I cast a vote for Bernie Sanders in the primary because he was the only candidate on either side who gives a damn about civil liberties, and was the least likely to get us involved in yet another pointless war. We have a Democratic candidate who shouldn't be allowed near the White House under any desirable circumstances, a Republican Party now hell-bent to enact as much racism, hatred, and international conflict that they can possibly get away with in 2016, and then of course we have Green Party candidate Jill Stein: an anti-science nut with less qualification to be elected president than the average Atlas user. Gary Johnson is the only candidate running in this cycle that I could possibly cast a ballot for in all honesty.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »

I cast a vote for Bernie Sanders in the primary because he was the only candidate on either side who gives a damn about civil liberties, and was the least likely to get us involved in yet another pointless war. We have a Democratic candidate who shouldn't be allowed near the White House under any desirable circumstances, a Republican Party now hell-bent to enact as much racism, hatred, and international conflict that they can possibly get away with in 2016, and then of course we have Green Party candidate Jill Stein: an anti-science nut with less qualification to be elected president than the average Atlas user. Gary Johnson is the only candidate running in this cycle that I could possibly cast a ballot for in all honesty.

Yeah, at this point I can't really do anything other than to point out that regardless of how I vote, I totally disavow Jill Stein. There are other reasons to support the Greens, whether it's for the sake of supporting the only left-of-center cause on your presidential ballot, or because you want to show support for your state Green Party affiliate (which is not necessarily as ridiculous and dangerous on the issue of vaccines as Stein has become), or because you want the Green Party to be eligible for FEC matching grants.

Johnson has his own scary moments, so I'm not willing to concede that he's a better option for Sanders supporters who are not willing to vote for Clinton. Then again, if you think that helping the Libertarians get to 5% of the national popular vote (becoming eligible for FEC grants, and just generally gaining credibility) is likely to move votes away from the Republican column in future elections, that's one reason to cast your vote for Johnson.

Yeah I mean I like Johnson, but I do have certain disagreements with him as well. (i.e. I'm sure he's not as enthusiastic about unions as I am as a rank and file member of the UFCW, and I'm certain I'm not quite as enthusiastic as he is about top rate tax cuts (though tbf I don't support any tax rate above 50% nowadays either.) I really don't have an issue with the Green Party as a whole, and in some cases would support a Green Party candidate: (most likely would have voted for Hawkins in the 2014 New York Gov race.)

While none of the candidates including the LP and the Greens are perfect, Johnson is definitely the most ardent defender of civil liberties and rights by a wide margin, has a good track record on the environment especially compared to the mainstream GOP, but without (most) of the crazy that Stein brings to the table.

Of course no one in this situation really quite fills the void perfectly, but I think most reasonable Americans who want an effective government that protects the people, without feeling the need to BUILD A WALL ON THE BORDER, can find a home in the Johnson campaign. Granted, I'm not sure I'd vote for most LP nominees given their tendencies to want to privatize everything including prisons and the military, but I happen to believe that Gary is probably about the most sane person you'll find in that particular party.
Speedy
Belisarius
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »

I was a really invested Bernie supporter and have never liked Hillary Clinton. Up until about the conventions, I was of the opinion that since my vote won't really matter in Texas, that I would give it to some third party or just not bother. I still think the country is worse off under Clinton than Obama, but I think I'm likely to vote for her, if only to help run up the national numbers and help send a message about the rejection of Trump-like campaigns. I'm not 100% on it yet , though. I suppose that makes me the sort that "came home" over the course of the last few weeks.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies