New Voter Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Voter Map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: New Voter Map  (Read 9680 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2005, 04:11:31 PM »

How about.....

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2005, 04:14:01 PM »

Trying to get a buch of wingnuts out in the west are ya! Tongue
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2005, 04:14:50 PM »

I could live with that.  It's on the level of my map, but it'll get attention since you proposed it rather than me.  If we had switched our maps before hand, then my map proposed by you would get favorable reviews, while your map proposed by me would be ignored.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2005, 04:20:32 PM »

Probably because most people round here (including myself I'm afraid to admit) view any district map introduced by a Southerner that has the whole South united with total disdain.

My map united the South only to keep you guys from kicking and screaming about it.  Cheesy
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2005, 04:21:47 PM »

Probably because most people round here (including myself I'm afraid to admit) view any district map introduced by a Southerner that has the whole South united with total disdain.

My map united the South only to keep you guys from kicking and screaming about it.  Cheesy
My map does NOT unite the whole South, it splits up EVERY region:
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2005, 04:22:52 PM »

IIRC there may be only one state between parts of the district. (The original rule was they had to be contiguous, it was then found that, for a while there, it was actually impossible to follow this rule as there were at the time too few people in New England, but too many people in NE+NY. The new rule was passed to make a New England+NJ district legal.)

Oh, I thought it was that parts of the district had to have at most 1 state in between them.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2005, 04:54:34 PM »

Here's my attempt at shaking things up. Smiley

Like this one a lot, I do.  Propose it for you, I will.

This is my second favorite map, behind 'ILV and Friends'. Cheesy
Go chaotic redistricting! Tongue
-WMS, who is all for shaking up the districts and making no incumbent truly safe... Grin
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2005, 04:55:10 PM »

Don explained that they can't spell.  I took that as an adequate explanation.
What a crappy way of saving face.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2005, 04:58:05 PM »

-WMS, who is all for shaking up the districts and making no incumbent truly safe... Grin

Make a CheeseWhiz vs. Gabu vs. Cosmo Kramer, this map would.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2005, 05:06:44 PM »

My map does NOT unite the whole South, it splits up EVERY region:

I've highlighted part of my first post.

Anyway, your map is okay I guess.  That's not a comment on you personally - I just think some of the maps here have taken creativity over sensibility.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2005, 05:31:15 PM »

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
I find it heavily ironic that your signature image (made by Don, of course) includes an implied jab from the SAP to the Freedom Party, since one of its founding members was in the Freedom Party and supported you for president.  I'm not a member of the SAP (though everyone seems to think so, I even saw it on the Atlas Wiki), but you people bash it like there's no tomorrow.  So you don't like it, big deal.

Your point is true.  We included the Freedom Party to show that the SAP is not an exclusionary party.  Indeed, they hate all other types of people inclusively.

P.S.  And I will fight any idea that I think is destructive to the principles of Atlasia.
With all due respect Mr. Soult, did you read anything I said at all, or are all you good for is cheap little back-and-forth mudslinging without basis like your buddy Don?  If you treat one of your few supporters, Cosmo Kramer, like this, by saying that he hates the Freedom Party and hates all other types of people inclusively, it's no wonder he's glad he left your "Freedom" Party.  You seriously need to pass a literacy test, okay pal?  If I state: "how can the SAP be anti-Freedom Party if one of its founding members was formerly in the Freedom Party?"  And you reply: "Wah wah, let me be Don's little bitch and ignore what you say, SAP hates everyone, there's sand stuck in my vagina, let me go eat some organic tofu like the little pussy I am".  Would that not qualify as dodging my post?  Yes, it would.  Get a new hobby.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2005, 06:51:47 PM »

OK. All 22, except for 23 in Green, which includes both San Francisco and Boston. Smiley

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2005, 07:22:48 PM »

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
I find it heavily ironic that your signature image (made by Don, of course) includes an implied jab from the SAP to the Freedom Party, since one of its founding members was in the Freedom Party and supported you for president.  I'm not a member of the SAP (though everyone seems to think so, I even saw it on the Atlas Wiki), but you people bash it like there's no tomorrow.  So you don't like it, big deal.

Your point is true.  We included the Freedom Party to show that the SAP is not an exclusionary party.  Indeed, they hate all other types of people inclusively.

P.S.  And I will fight any idea that I think is destructive to the principles of Atlasia.
With all due respect Mr. Soult, did you read anything I said at all, or are all you good for is cheap little back-and-forth mudslinging without basis like your buddy Don?  If you treat one of your few supporters, Cosmo Kramer, like this, by saying that he hates the Freedom Party and hates all other types of people inclusively, it's no wonder he's glad he left your "Freedom" Party.  You seriously need to pass a literacy test, okay pal?  If I state: "how can the SAP be anti-Freedom Party if one of its founding members was formerly in the Freedom Party?"  And you reply: "Wah wah, let me be Don's little bitch and ignore what you say, SAP hates everyone, there's sand stuck in my vagina, let me go eat some organic tofu like the little pussy I am".  Would that not qualify as dodging my post?  Yes, it would.  Get a new hobby.

I'll have you know that I asked Don to create this sign, with specific instructions to do as he did.  So, at the very least, I am no one's bitch.

By joining this organization, Preston has turned his back on the principles that the Freedom Party supports.  The Freedom Party stands firm against this kind of regional BS as it is fundamental to the Freedom Party to find policies that promote the well being of all Atlasias and do not seperate or nation by race, region, religion, etc.  If Preston does not believe in this, then he does not believe in me, and thus, should not have voted for me.

I think that putting regional or state preferences above those of national preferences is nothing short of a betrayal of ones country at heart and is a treason of thought, even if it is not specifically so on paper.  The kind of feeling that lead one to this way of thinking are fundamentally damaging to the nation and cannot be rectified with honest feelings of love for one country.

It is for this reason that I forsake this movement and must question the thoughts and feelings of those who are involved.  If my manner of doing so seems hostile, it is only because I am in such viament disagreement with this philosophy.

Should I go now and create a "Yankee Party" what would people saw?  Can we not expect a similar reaction from others when dealing with this move?  Why do we continue to surrender our principles to placate one region of the country? 

The "South" holds a weight in the affairs of this nation, which is far too disproportionate with the number of citizens which that regions holds.  This is a democratic rebublic for Christ's sake, not a confederacy.  Yet, when these facts are brought up, what happens?  They run and hide behind this idea that northern oppression is being brought down upon them.  They are always the victims.

More than 200 years ago, in the Western half of my own state, citizens rose up to fight what they saw as an "unfair" system.  They were being taxed on the creation of whiskey.  They claimed that they were being oppressed and that the United States government had brought the same tyranny that they had fought to destroy.

George Washington said differently.  He told the mobs that they had forgotten what they had been fighting for.  They had not fought against taxes.  They had fought against tyranny.  They had fought for the right to choose elected repressentatives to fight for them, so that, win or lose, they would at least have their say.  The bill had gone through congress, and it had won.  They did not win that fight.  But, they could always win the next one, or the next one after that.  That is the mentality that holds a democratic nation together. 

The "South" will lose some battles, but it will win some, as well.  Just as all people will lose a battle.  As a nation, we are held together by nothing but people's willingness to accept this.  If we corrupt our minds to rally around something like this, then we will fall apart.  Regional thinking is backwards thinking.  If you look to your region, you are looking to the past and to self-interest.  If you band around ideologies, as parties should, then you are working for a vision that looks to the future and that takes the interests of Atlasians at heart.

I see nothing good coming out of this.  And I appologize if that offends some.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2005, 07:29:54 PM »

Had the SAP been formed before the election and this issue came up I think I would have preferenced Harry above Soulty.

Firefox with the Adblock extention was written to block ads. It can also be used to block political banners, like the one that says Unon, as well as images that stretch out my screen. Very useful.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2005, 07:58:11 PM »

PBrunsel would be in that mix, too.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2005, 08:33:09 PM »

Not very original, but there ya go (the 23 refers to the black section, btw).
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2005, 09:07:47 PM »

Like this one a lot, I do. Propose it for you, I will.

That can be solved by switching two of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, and West Virginia.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2005, 09:22:04 PM »

That can be solved by switching two of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Indiana, and West Virginia.

But that would make the map look ugly and uncontiguous. Sad
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2005, 09:52:08 PM »

I'll have you know that I asked Don to create this sign, with specific instructions to do as he did.  So, at the very least, I am no one's bitch.
OK then, Don is your bitch, and you told him to create a crummy sign.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Did you read Preston's SAP convention speech?  It's a party that focuses on the Southeast.  Your party may have a wider scope, theirs does not.  But they also oppose vote tampering and silly technicalities, is this something you support?

If you do not believe in regional "BS" maybe you shouldn't have chosen WMS as your running mate, as he seems to support regional rights.  What are the regions for if you're not supposed to classify people in them?

The fact is, both in regards to the United States and Atlasia, it's just too big for the national government to do on its own.  Regional rule is sometimes necessary, and what's wrong with celebrating that?

Actually, I'm sure all of your friends would join your Yankee Party to spite the SAP and then leave it later, like they did with the short lived Forum Elite Conspiracy party.  Nobody would criticize it, because it's an oppurtunity to make fun of the SAP again.  Sort of like beating a dead horse over and over.

Actually, I think you'll see that the person playing 'victim' was Keystone Phil during that scandal.  Seriously, go back and read the thread.  You'll see what I mean.  Anyway, I don't see anyone proclaiming Atlasia as a confederacy.  It's more about regional pride than longing to back to segregation and slavery from what I can tell.

Regional thinking is not backwards thinking.  The current situation as we have it has regions, so I don't really see any problem with a party that celebrates the region they live in.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2005, 10:34:44 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2005, 10:50:46 PM by Supersoulty »

Did you read Preston's SAP convention speech?  It's a party that focuses on the Southeast.  Your party may have a wider scope, theirs does not.  But they also oppose vote tampering and silly technicalities, is this something you support?

Anyone can oppose those things and be in any of the national parties.  Indeed, most people who are in the other national parties are opposed ot those things.  It is only a small group who have conspired to embrace those tactics.

Embracing regional rights is far different from embracing a region.  It is like the difference between wanting to offer all types of ice cream and militantly supporting chocolate.

Once again, I am a federalist, but this argument is not about regional rights.  It is about one particular region of the country trying to create a one party state, and that party not being based on ideology, but geography.

If I were to do so, certain people would cry foul and howl about how the "Yankees" are plotting to put down the south.  Just as I am citing the SAP as an effort to divide the country, now.

I see your point about Keystone Phil, but this goes deeper than that.  This stems back to the seccesion crisis that was caused because southerns did not like one asspect of the federal law.  This also stems from a distrust of the "elite" who are identified as being "Northerns".

Personally, I distrust any group, or party, which chooses to define itself in terms of "not being them" rather than "being us".  Anyone who thinks that the people on teamspeak hold any real power is saddly mistaken anyway.  They are about as powerful as the kids who sit in the back of the class room for detention.

Celebrate it, but don't form political action groups specifically around it.  As I alluded to, this party could have been formed without any notion of "southernness" being involved, but they decided not to go that way.  Why?  The problem (other than my opposition to regional parties) is not that this party "celebrates the south, but that is has the mentality of being under siege from "elities" northerners.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2005, 05:04:50 PM »

But that would make the map look ugly and uncontiguous. Sad

NO! A CheeseWhiz vs. Gabu vs. Cosmo Kramer vs. PBrunsel election would rock! Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies