Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 19793 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 10:52:42 AM »
« edited: July 27, 2016, 10:54:18 AM by ag »

Really all I see is Frank and Claire Underwood when I see the Clintons now.

The Underwoods are [at least according to the nonsensical rules that govern HoC's universe] highly skilled politicians. The Clintons are not.
I could see the argument for Hillary not being a skilled politician, but Bill is undeniably incredibly politically gifted.

He was pretty good in his prime, but he's mostly lost touch lately. Hillary was always mediocre and she's proving it every day.
You're so bitter lol

Yes, I'm bitter. You know why I'm bitter? Because a narcisistic pathological liar backed by a hostile, regressive, imperialistic autocracy is currently leading in the polls to become the leader of the country I live in. This should not happen, and it would not be happening if the Democrats had actually ran a good candidate.

Well, Cuomo did not run, so Hillary Clinton was the best candidate in the Democratic primary.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »

I didn't think this deserved it's own thread, but it was very humorous so I felt it needed to be posted.

Trump apparently mixed up Tim Kaine with Tom Kean:

Chris MurphyVerified account
‏@ChrisMurphyCT Chris Murphy Retweeted Olivia Nuzzi
OH MY GOD. @realDonaldTrump thinks Hillary chose Tom Kean for VP.

Olivia Nuzzi @Olivianuzzi
Trump referenced Tim Kaine doing a poor job "in New Jersey" twice before someone corrected him.

LOL, this guy's an amateur.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »

The Underwoods are [at least according to the nonsensical rules that govern HoC's universe] highly skilled politicians. The Clintons are not.
I could see the argument for Hillary not being a skilled politician, but Bill is undeniably incredibly politically gifted.

He was pretty good in his prime, but he's mostly lost touch lately. Hillary was always mediocre and she's proving it every day.
You're so bitter lol

Yes, I'm bitter. You know why I'm bitter? Because a narcisistic pathological liar backed by a hostile, regressive, imperialistic autocracy is currently leading in the polls to become the leader of the country I live in. This should not happen, and it would not be happening if the Democrats had actually ran a good candidate.

Well, Cuomo did not run, so Hillary Clinton was the best candidate in the Democratic primary.

I have no idea what alternate universe you live in.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 11:02:03 AM »

You're so bitter lol

The real one. Unlike the dream world in which Bernie Sanders can be elected president.

Hillary Clinton was one of the most popular politicians in the US merely 3 years ago. She has been brought down by this campaign. The only reason Sanders has polled well is that nobody serious took his candidacy seriously. Nobody really imagined a Sanders presidency, so nobody really went after him. Had it been otherwise, grandmothers in Peoria would have been scaring children with bad evil Berine. Half the Americans would have vaguely identified Berine Sanders with Bernie Madoff. Trump would have been far ahead in the polls by now if Sanders were the actual nominee.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »

You're so bitter lol
The real one. Unlike the dream world in which Bernie Sanders can be elected president.

Hillary Clinton was one of the most popular politicians in the US merely 3 years ago. She has been brought down by this campaign. The only reason Sanders has polled well is that nobody serious took his candidacy seriously. Nobody really imagined a Sanders presidency, so nobody really went after him. Had it been otherwise, grandmothers in Peoria would have been scaring children with bad evil Berine. Half the Americans would have vaguely identified Berine Sanders with Bernie Madoff. Trump would have been far ahead in the polls by now if Sanders were the actual nominee.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

The last polls featuring a Sanders vs. Trump showed the former leading with a +10.4 RCP average. If he was the nominee, he'd probably win the election in a landslide with 350+ electoral votes.

He was, without a doubt, the most electable and likeable candidate the Democrats had to offer this year.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:15 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 11:17:33 AM by Devout Centrist »

You're so bitter lol

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

The last polls featuring a Sanders vs. Trump showed the former leading with a +10.4 RCP average. If he was the nominee, he'd probably win the election in a landslide with 350+ electoral votes.

He was, without a doubt, the most electable and likeable candidate the Democrats had to offer this year.
It's easy to be liked and favored when no one attacks you.

I knew one such person. They had very high favorables back in 2013 and 2014. Then the attacks began.

Their name? Hillary Clinton.

Need any more proof? Just ask Henry Collingridge
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:25 AM »

You're so bitter lol

He could only be this popular conditional on never having a serious chance of being the nominee. He would have been demolished in the general.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:48 AM »

You're so bitter lol

I'm not going to rehash these old wounds, so just stop with this crap. 
Human
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »

Former New York City mayor and billionaire Michael Bloomberg is speaking tonight. I can't wait for his speech.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 12:06:13 PM »

Today's schedule

4:00PM EDT
    Daniel Driffin, HIV Activist
    Neera Tanden, Center for American Progress Action Fund
    Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas)
    Representative Michelle Lujan Grisham (New Mexico)
    Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (Washington, DC)
    Representative Adam Schiff (California)
    Representative Maxine Waters (California)
    Ilyse Hogue, NARAL
    Representative Judy Chu (California)
    Mayor Andrew Gillum (Tallahassee)
    Brooks Bell, Entrepreneur
    Mayor Bill de Blasio (New York)

6:00PM EDT
    Representative Ben Ray Lujan (New Mexico)
    Jesse Jackson
    Star Jones, Actor
    Mayor Karen Weaver (Flint, Michigan)
    Representative G.K. Butterfield (North Carolina)
    Stephanie Schriock, EMILY's List
    Senator Harry Reid (Nevada)
    Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom (California)
    Representative Ruben Gallego (Arizona)
    Jamie Dorff
    Mayor Mike Duggan (Detroit)
    Former Governor Martin O'Malley (Maryland)
    Sigourney Weaver, Actor
    Governor Jerry Brown (California)
    Lee Daniels, Director
    Orlando Night Club Survivors and Family
    Senator Chris Murphy (Connecticut)
    Erica Smegielski, Daughter of Sandy Hook Principal
    Former Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey (Philadelphia)
    Angela Bassett, Actor
    Mother Emanuel Church Survivors
    Former Representative Gabby Giffords (Arizona) and Mark Kelly
    Rear Admiral John Hutson (Ret.)
    Kristin Kavanaugh
    Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta
    Senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio)
    Jill Biden
    Vice President Joe Biden
    Mayor Kasim Reed (Atlanta)
    Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg (New York)

10:00PM EDT
    Senator Tim Kaine (Virginia)
    Sharon Belkofer
    President Barack Obama
    Rev. Gabriel Salguero
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »

Governor Jerry Brown (California)
    Former Representative Gabby Giffords (Arizona) and Mark Kelly
    Former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta
    Senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio)
    Jill Biden
    Vice President Joe Biden
    Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg (New York)
    Senator Tim Kaine (Virginia)
    President Barack Obama

Yeeeeeees!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2016, 12:39:54 PM »

You're so bitter lol

It's easy to be liked and favored when no one attacks you.

I knew one such person. They had very high favorables back in 2013 and 2014. Then the attacks began.

Their name? Hillary Clinton.

Need any more proof? Just ask Henry Collingridge

Collingridge wouldn't know a factory from a knocking shop in Marrakesh. (Did I get that quote right?)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 01:12:23 PM »

So the only speaker so far to talk Putin and Russia was Albright yesterday who said...
"a Trump victory in November would be a gift to Vladimir Putin" but that didn't get much attention. Will it be a thing today? Will Obama, Biden or Kain mention it? If not one of them, maybe Leon Panetta. 

I don't think they should overplay it, but I bet someone mentions it in the final two hours.
dirks

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 01:17:01 PM »

Former New York City mayor and billionaire Michael Bloomberg is speaking tonight. I can't wait for his speech.

He owes his entire political career to Giuliani, who saved NY from disintegrating into a Detroit style hell hole during th Dinkins years. Bloomberg did maintain things quite well until DeBlasio took office...and now things are on the decay again.
syntaxerror
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »

Bloomberg and Biden knocked out of primetime? Would have been nice to have them after 10 too.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2016, 01:32:39 PM »

Bloomberg and Biden knocked out of primetime? Would have been nice to have them after 10 too.

There is no way that Kaine and Obama will be able to stay within a hour.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »

Kaine will speak primetime, probably around 10:30 pm.
syntaxerror
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.04

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:45 PM »

There is no way that Kaine and Obama will be able to stay within a hour.

Fair enough. Maybe Biden will get more folks to tune in early.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »

Can't wait for Bloomberg's speech. I'm expecting a kind of 'call to arms' for any moderates skeptical of Trump's leadership. Gov. Brown should be giving a barnburner of a speech too
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 03:25:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Democrats beat the Republicans again in the ratings game.
dirks

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2016, 03:35:39 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Democrats beat the Republicans again in the ratings game.

Won't matter if they don't get a bump out of it. It's not how many people are watching, it's are the people you want to reach watching
Fusionmunster

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »

Is Tim Kaine a warhawk? I didn't think he was.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »

I love Eleanor Holmes Norton.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »

Is Tim Kaine a warhawk? I didn't think he was.

He really isn't, he actually wants to restrain executive war powers. 
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »

He's talking about ISIS and foreign policy. Somebody get bronz!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies