Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:19:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 20310 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2016, 06:53:33 PM »

Are R's and D's even now on using victims of terrorists for their political gain?
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2016, 06:53:44 PM »

I feel sympathy for these people, but Hill shouldn't be campaigning on this. You lose at least as many votes as you gain, and nothing meaningful is going to happen.

She should be campaigning against guns until the day she dies or until gun reform happens. You can't ignore 90 people dying a day to guns when it literally happens nowhere else in the world.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2016, 06:58:43 PM »

I feel sympathy for these people, but Hill shouldn't be campaigning on this. You lose at least as many votes as you gain, and nothing meaningful is going to happen.

She should be campaigning against guns until the day she dies or until gun reform happens. You can't ignore 90 people dying a day to guns when it literally happens nowhere else in the world.

Moreover, most Americans support at least some form of background checks.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »

Are R's and D's even now on using victims of terrorists for their political gain?

The difference here is that no one directly blamed Trump for the shooting. That crazy woman ranting about Benghazi directly blamed Hillary for her son's death at the RNC and wasn't even calling for any sort of change.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »

The difference here is that no one directly blamed Trump for the shooting. That crazy woman ranting about Benghazi directly blamed Hillary for her son's death at the RNC and wasn't even calling for any sort of change.

Exactly.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2016, 07:02:42 PM »

^^ Because Trump is not a government official and had nothing to do with it, Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State at the time Benghazi happened in another country.

And I'm no Benghazi nut but you know that's not a valid point.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2016, 07:03:00 PM »

This is probably my partisan bias speaking, but this is much better than Benghazi Night.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »

^I agree. It's not about vilifying a single person, it's about bringing about change.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2016, 07:09:01 PM »

Should be about destroying the isis and other terrorist groups that attack us.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2016, 07:11:11 PM »

^^ Because Trump is not a government official and had nothing to do with it, Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State at the time Benghazi happened in another country.

And I'm no Benghazi nut but you know that's not a valid point.

Still, it's nuts to directly blame someone for a murder that was actually committed by terrorists, especially when the person being blamed was cleared of any missteps or errors.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2016, 07:12:07 PM »

I'm going to get sh**t on very hard for this, but there aren't enough white people speaking here. The ethnic makeup of the lineup is a subtle indicator of brand. This says "gun control is a black issue." What they should have had, is rural white NRA men with scruff beards who go up there and say "I'm a fourth-generation AK-47 owner, but I still support background checks." I blame DWS for putting together this not-as-good-as-it-could-be convention.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »

I'm going to get sh**t on very hard for this, but there aren't enough white people speaking here. The ethnic makeup of the lineup is a subtle indicator of brand. This says "gun control is a black issue." What they should have had, is rural white NRA men with scruff beards who go up there and say "I'm a fourth-generation AK-47 owner, but I still support background checks." I blame DWS for putting together this not-as-good-as-it-could-be convention.

You will be, because you're finding something to get riled up about.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2016, 07:15:14 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 07:17:38 PM by matthew27 »

You're 100% right...Democrats still need around 39% of the white electorate in this country to win so keeping it is a must.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2016, 07:15:31 PM »

Yay, a white dude. See? My posts are magic Smiley
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »

Unless there are white rural men who are victims of gun violence, then it makes no sense to put them on stage. Useless panders make no sense.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2016, 07:17:03 PM »

You're 100% right...Democrats still need around 39% of the white electorate in this country to win so keeping is a must.

I'm confident that at least 39% of white voters aren't racist.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »

Chris Murphy, Gabby Giffords, Mark Kelly, Erica Smegielski, etc...
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2016, 07:18:39 PM »

It's time to stop talking about gun control. It's too divisive. I'm sorry.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2016, 07:19:58 PM »

Something that has 90% bipartisan agreement? Yeah okay.

I do agree that Democrats shouldn't go overboard with this, the economy is still the driving issue.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:13 PM »

No. It needs to be discussed, that attitude is how the situation was created.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »

You're 100% right...Democrats still need around 39% of the white electorate in this country to win so keeping is a must.

So everyone who supports Trump is a racist? Because Democrats would totally not support a Democratic version of Trump if it were running against, say, George W. Bush, right?

A democratic version of Trump would have never have made it past the primaries. We dont have blue dogs anymore, remember?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2016, 07:21:28 PM »

So everyone who supports Trump is a racist? Because Democrats would totally not support a Democratic version of Trump if it were running against, say, George W. Bush, right?

I'd argue that that W had somewhat of a soul.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »

Everyone who supports Trump is a horrible person, no exceptions. There may be different reasons to support Trump: racism, sexism, fascism, hatred of America, a wish that Trump rapes one's mother, etc. But there are not good reasons to support Trump.

If Trump were running on the Democratic Party line against George W. Bush I would, of course, support Bush.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »

Such an amazing recovery by Gabby Giffords.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »

Dems have plenty of "sorority racists" there is a difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies