Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:15:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 20162 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: July 28, 2016, 10:03:37 PM »

I really haven't heard that much Bernie bullsh-t during this speech.  Just the disgraceful "no more war" chants when she was talking about our vets.

This speech is OK.  She didn't have anything up her sleeve, but I feel like not many people have actually heard Hillary's stump speech all the way through.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #851 on: July 28, 2016, 10:03:50 PM »

Wow, did anyone hear all that booing when she accepted the nomination? This convention is a disaster.

Haha, no

I think you would have to be either lying or deaf to say that. Rewind and watch it again. She paused for a good half-full minute as people were booing. It's not even like you had listen closely to hear all the booing.

You could literally hear nothing unless you were listening very closely. I think you're projecting.

I heard it as clear as day.

You were going to give the speech an F regardless.

I said I heard the booing as clear as day.

You're still projecting, it wasn't there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #852 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:03 PM »

Wow, did anyone hear all that booing when she accepted the nomination? This convention is a disaster.

Haha, no

I think you would have to be either lying or deaf to say that. Rewind and watch it again. She paused for a good half-full minute as people were booing. It's not even like you had listen closely to hear all the booing.

You could literally hear nothing unless you were listening very closely. I think you're projecting.

So how did you vote in the "Opinion of the Trump speech" thread if you are so open minded? Care to screenshot your vote?
Trapsy

« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »

The Sanders/Stein people are really crazy.
Stein herself is really crazy.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »

I've heard all I need to hear.

I thought the DNC was pretty good. I've never watched one before this.

Anyone who wants to elect an inexperienced dictator who is the only one who can fix this country...good luck with that.

We're all in this together and that's how progress is made. Hillary knows that.

She's the one.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #855 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:26 PM »

I've heard a bunch of Hillary speeches and this is above and beyond her best one.
This? Nah. This isn't terrible, but this is pretty boring by her standard. She was pretty great when she clinched the magic number earlier this summer.

I can literally hear the remotes clicking across the country right now, this is pretty dull. I think most people's minds are pretty much set until the debates.

Anything after a speech from an angry, frothing at the mouth sociopath will seem "boring". This speech isn't immature name calling and fearmongering.
No, it's just more boring empty promises. People have heard it before, they'll hear it again. People are afraid, and they want to hear solutions, not "everything under Obama is great! Smiley" speech after speech. And of course, there is the Trump being Trump wildcard factor of it all.

Some of this speech may come across as "boring" to "average Americans" (ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh) but she's making a strong case for herself, and getting in some good sound bytes.
In the end, that is what matters. Hence why I referenced the remotes clicking. My parents aren't watching, they'll hear what they need to hear on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

I think a disaster of a convention is one where your opponent refuses to endorse you on stage and where there was a fake trial. I'm just saying.
I think a convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters for a non-endorsement is a very unified convention.

A convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters FOR endorsing is a very disunited one.

There were a lot of empty seats at the RNC and the speakers list was weak, which was disastrous. But, the RNC was supposedly a success to some people, so whatever.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #856 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »

Too much speaking time spent on her senatorial career and 9/11, not nearly enough spent boasting of her experience as SoS.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #857 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:01 PM »

I'm trying to figure out who is she going for
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #858 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »

All these blue avatars talking smack are just nervous lol.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #859 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:11 PM »

Haha, no

I said I heard the booing as clear as day.

You're still projecting, it wasn't there.
Are the journalists from the Tampa Bay Times projecting it too? Or are they part of the Vast Right Wing conspiracy too?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #860 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:08 PM »

Judging by the response to Cleveland by the red avatars, then you guys are beyond nervous. You guys are ready to go off the edge! Calm your nips.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #861 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:26 PM »

Haha, no

So how did you vote in the "Opinion of the Trump speech" thread if you are so open minded? Care to screenshot your vote?

I gave the speech a C. The other thread, I think i voted HS.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #862 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »

Yes. These arguments are all over the place and grasping at every little straw.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #863 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »

Haha, no

I'd give this speech an F- if I had a choice for that. But I openly admit that I despise both Crooked Clintons for the fake lying opportunists that they are. Way more than Obama and Carter (who are two misguided ideological liberals.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #864 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:58 PM »

Did Clinton make a joke that was actually sort of funny?? What?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #865 on: July 28, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

Listen closely, turn up the volume and you can hear booing right now. Subdued by cheering now but you cannot deny its there.

Im pretty sure its audio feedback.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #866 on: July 28, 2016, 10:08:17 PM »

I've heard a bunch of Hillary speeches and this is above and beyond her best one.
This? Nah. This isn't terrible, but this is pretty boring by her standard. She was pretty great when she clinched the magic number earlier this summer.

I can literally hear the remotes clicking across the country right now, this is pretty dull. I think most people's minds are pretty much set until the debates.

Anything after a speech from an angry, frothing at the mouth sociopath will seem "boring". This speech isn't immature name calling and fearmongering.
No, it's just more boring empty promises. People have heard it before, they'll hear it again. People are afraid, and they want to hear solutions, not "everything under Obama is great! Smiley" speech after speech. And of course, there is the Trump being Trump wildcard factor of it all.

Some of this speech may come across as "boring" to "average Americans" (ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh) but she's making a strong case for herself, and getting in some good sound bytes.
In the end, that is what matters. Hence why I referenced the remotes clicking. My parents aren't watching, they'll hear what they need to hear on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

I think a disaster of a convention is one where your opponent refuses to endorse you on stage and where there was a fake trial. I'm just saying.
I think a convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters for a non-endorsement is a very unified convention.

A convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters FOR endorsing is a very disunited one.

There were a lot of empty seats at the RNC and the speakers list was weak, which was disastrous. But, the RNC was supposedly a success to some people, so whatever.
I voted a C. But at least it was united and at least Trump got the bounce (whatever happened to that negative bounce you all predicted) so I guess it was a success. Not great. But this isn't either.

Haha, no

I gave the speech a C. The other thread, I think i voted HS.
Heh.

Did Clinton make a joke that was actually sort of funny?? What?
I wonder if she paid Al Franken as much as she paid Katy Perry for the song licensing for that joke?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #867 on: July 28, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »

Haha, no

I'd give this speech an F- if I had a choice for that. But I openly admit that I despise both Crooked Clintons for the fake lying opportunists that they are. Way more than Obama and Carter (who are two misguided ideological liberals.

Well, of course, as a straightforward America-hating fascist, you despise all good patriotic Americans. We knew that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: July 28, 2016, 10:08:46 PM »

I'm not hearing any booing right now, but yes, there was some when she accepted.
dirks

« Reply #869 on: July 28, 2016, 10:09:04 PM »

Honestly, it's gotten better. She's started stiff and now found her footing

Wouldn't call it a great speech, but this won't hurt her. She may get a little boost from it.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #870 on: July 28, 2016, 10:09:32 PM »

Listen closely, turn up the volume and you can hear booing right now. Subdued by cheering now but you cannot deny its there.
If there really was booing, wouldn't we be hearing it when the rest of the crowd is silent?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #871 on: July 28, 2016, 10:09:35 PM »

Energy is picking up fast!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #872 on: July 28, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »

I mean, sure, some people may switch this off, and the media reception will be key, but perhaps some people will tune in during the more "electric" parts.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #873 on: July 28, 2016, 10:10:17 PM »

Judging by the response to Cleveland by the red avatars, then you guys are beyond nervous. You guys are ready to go off the edge! Calm your nips.

I am not the one who is blasting everyone now sooo
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #874 on: July 28, 2016, 10:10:39 PM »

She started slow, but man she has been on a roll now.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies