Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 20411 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: July 27, 2016, 01:18:02 AM »

So, uh, someone projected this convention would be a bigger cluster than the Republican Convention.

You can still change that projection, if you want.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »

Really all I see is Frank and Claire Underwood when I see the Clintons now.

The Underwoods are [at least according to the nonsensical rules that govern HoC's universe] highly skilled politicians. The Clintons are not.
I could see the argument for Hillary not being a skilled politician, but Bill is undeniably incredibly politically gifted.

He was pretty good in his prime, but he's mostly lost touch lately. Hillary was always mediocre and she's proving it every day.
You're so bitter lol

Yes, I'm bitter. You know why I'm bitter? Because a narcisistic pathological liar backed by a hostile, regressive, imperialistic autocracy is currently leading in the polls to become the leader of the country I live in. This should not happen, and it would not be happening if the Democrats had actually ran a good candidate.
I doubt any other Democrat would be doing better
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:15 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 11:17:33 AM by Devout Centrist »

Really all I see is Frank and Claire Underwood when I see the Clintons now.
The Underwoods are [at least according to the nonsensical rules that govern HoC's universe] highly skilled politicians. The Clintons are not.
I could see the argument for Hillary not being a skilled politician, but Bill is undeniably incredibly politically gifted.
He was pretty good in his prime, but he's mostly lost touch lately. Hillary was always mediocre and she's proving it every day.
You're so bitter lol
Yes, I'm bitter. You know why I'm bitter? Because a narcisistic pathological liar backed by a hostile, regressive, imperialistic autocracy is currently leading in the polls to become the leader of the country I live in. This should not happen, and it would not be happening if the Democrats had actually ran a good candidate.
Well, Cuomo did not run, so Hillary Clinton was the best candidate in the Democratic primary.
I have no idea what alternate universe you live in.
The real one. Unlike the dream world in which Bernie Sanders can be elected president.

Hillary Clinton was one of the most popular politicians in the US merely 3 years ago. She has been brought down by this campaign. The only reason Sanders has polled well is that nobody serious took his candidacy seriously. Nobody really imagined a Sanders presidency, so nobody really went after him. Had it been otherwise, grandmothers in Peoria would have been scaring children with bad evil Berine. Half the Americans would have vaguely identified Berine Sanders with Bernie Madoff. Trump would have been far ahead in the polls by now if Sanders were the actual nominee.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

The last polls featuring a Sanders vs. Trump showed the former leading with a +10.4 RCP average. If he was the nominee, he'd probably win the election in a landslide with 350+ electoral votes.

He was, without a doubt, the most electable and likeable candidate the Democrats had to offer this year.
It's easy to be liked and favored when no one attacks you.

I knew one such person. They had very high favorables back in 2013 and 2014. Then the attacks began.

Their name? Hillary Clinton.

Need any more proof? Just ask Henry Collingridge
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 06:51:53 PM »

Gov. Brown (D-CA) is making a good speech on climate change. He may have been the best 2016 candidate.
Ever since California Über Alles came out, he just couldn't win nationally.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:23:44 PM »

Watch Donald Trump insult Gabby Gifford's speaking style.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »

Yes, we need American values. Work hard, understand life.
Understand life? We're supposed to be philosophers?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 08:36:41 PM »

Generals = wants more war

gotcha, Bernie Bros.

Don't boo god damn generals. Boo military contractors, Boo Congressmen, but don't boo god damn generals.
Damn regressive lefties
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 08:57:55 PM »

You know where else has stage-managed audience involvement in performances and "card stunts?" The wonderful nation of North Korea!
And football games.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 09:00:43 PM »

Progressives are not anti-God or anti-military.  Tonight's speeches rebuke both those stereotypes.
Some of them still are. The protesters outside. Some.
SJW's are a very loud minority. Outside of a college campus, they can't get any support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies