Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 21280 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »

I didn't think this deserved it's own thread, but it was very humorous so I felt it needed to be posted.

Trump apparently mixed up Tim Kaine with Tom Kean:

Chris MurphyVerified account
‏@ChrisMurphyCT Chris Murphy Retweeted Olivia Nuzzi
OH MY GOD. @realDonaldTrump thinks Hillary chose Tom Kean for VP.

Olivia Nuzzi @Olivianuzzi
Trump referenced Tim Kaine doing a poor job "in New Jersey" twice before someone corrected him.

As usual, Trump continues to be really stupid.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »

I wonder if CA-43 will go the way of NY-13, after Rep. Maxine Waters retires, and elect a Hispanic. I believe a plurality of the district is indeed Hispanic.

CA-43 probably is still majority or at least plurality black by CVAP, so it probably would elect another black representative.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »

Are R's and D's even now on using victims of terrorists for their political gain?

The difference here is that no one directly blamed Trump for the shooting. That crazy woman ranting about Benghazi directly blamed Hillary for her son's death at the RNC and wasn't even calling for any sort of change.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:11:11 PM »

^^ Because Trump is not a government official and had nothing to do with it, Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State at the time Benghazi happened in another country.

And I'm no Benghazi nut but you know that's not a valid point.

Still, it's nuts to directly blame someone for a murder that was actually committed by terrorists, especially when the person being blamed was cleared of any missteps or errors.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »

I'm going to get sh**t on very hard for this, but there aren't enough white people speaking here. The ethnic makeup of the lineup is a subtle indicator of brand. This says "gun control is a black issue." What they should have had, is rural white NRA men with scruff beards who go up there and say "I'm a fourth-generation AK-47 owner, but I still support background checks." I blame DWS for putting together this not-as-good-as-it-could-be convention.

Unless there are white rural men who are victims of gun violence, then it makes no sense to put them on stage. Useless panders make no sense.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:29:41 PM »

I believe in background checks, but, please, don't demonize guns. Please.

You do realize that guns are inanimate objects?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »

Incredible that the same party which demanded an exit from war in '08 now applauds it wildly.

What are you even babbling about? Who was applauding war? Enough of the nonsense.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »

Um, Joe. Trump has created tens of thousands of jobs for the middle class pretty much single-handedly

but yea, he doesn't have a clue about the middle class

Where are these jobs? Last I heard he refused to pay the people he hired and filed bankruptcy six times. Read the facts before you post.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 09:04:41 PM »

Nah, the other crap. Bill Clinton picked a great song that Democrats could rally around back in 1992. Hillary picked some bubblegum pop garbage that nobody will remember after her presidency.

The insufferable nagging that some people around here do is ridiculous...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »

wow this kaine guy is a classless dolt

I think you are confusing him with your candidate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 09:33:52 PM »

Kaine is such a used car salesman. No wonder Hil/Kaine are losing.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:45 PM »

So, what is the schedule for tomorrow?

That shrieking bitch Hillary, or so I've heard.

More panic, I see.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 04:39:54 PM »

I guess that's why he did the Ice Bucket Challenge Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHuQgTRyvc
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 09:02:05 PM »

You know where else has stage-managed audience involvement in performances and "card stunts?" The wonderful nation of North Korea!

Acting like a jealous heifer is never a good look. You've chosen hate and division, but we've chosen unity.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 09:06:07 PM »

The douche yelling "encore" needs to shut up. They have a schedule.

You know where else has stage-managed audience involvement in performances and "card stunts?" The wonderful nation of North Korea!

Acting like a jealous heifer is never a good look. You've chosen hate and division, but we've chosen unity.
Yeah, that is why you guys booed every mention of Hillary's name and the guy who led the effort to kill Osama right?

That was just a few people. Such a black hearted soul. Prayers on the way for you, but I don't think it will help.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »

I just love how thin some of your guys skin is; how do you move your arms? Does the bone not break through? If you can't handle me, how are you gonna handle SNL or Howard Stern? Sheesh!

Into the abyss with you.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 09:18:19 PM »

I just love how thin some of your guys skin is; how do you move your arms? Does the bone not break through? If you can't handle me, how are you gonna handle SNL or Howard Stern? Sheesh!

Into the abyss with you.
Seek a 5140.

He hasn't gotten his...uh..."brief relaxation" in today. I'm sure a lovely girl from the Emperors Club VIP page is being jetted in as we speak.

You're just a delightful ball of fun aren't you.

It is cute how he is disguising his meltdown with trolling.
Hey, I'm just feeding off your panic from day one.

It's actually a 5150. Let's try another defeat, shall we?

Away, you miserable drunk. Your panic deserves a defeat.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 09:22:42 PM »

Into the abyss with you.
Seek a 5140.

He hasn't gotten his...uh..."brief relaxation" in today. I'm sure a lovely girl from the Emperors Club VIP page is being jetted in as we speak.

You're just a delightful ball of fun aren't you.

It is cute how he is disguising his meltdown with trolling.
Hey, I'm just feeding off your panic from day one.

It's actually a 5150. Let's try another defeat, shall we?

Away, you miserable drunk. Your panic deserves a defeat.
Then why am I winning?

If you were winning you wouldn't be in this thread at all.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »

Just saying, I think this thread is supposed to be about the convention and not Disney gifs, but that's just me.

I'm trying to run that thing off, but he keeps posting. He'll drink himself unconscious soon enough, so I won't bother trying run him off.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 09:26:56 PM »

Hillary hacks need to get some thicker skin, maybe after she looses

I don't know why people always mess up the word loses. It's not hard to spell.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 09:37:23 PM »

How eloquent. I'm baffled how you came up with that one.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 09:58:14 PM »

I think a disaster of a convention is one where your opponent refuses to endorse you on stage and where there was a fake trial. I'm just saying.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:26 PM »

I've heard a bunch of Hillary speeches and this is above and beyond her best one.
This? Nah. This isn't terrible, but this is pretty boring by her standard. She was pretty great when she clinched the magic number earlier this summer.

I can literally hear the remotes clicking across the country right now, this is pretty dull. I think most people's minds are pretty much set until the debates.

Anything after a speech from an angry, frothing at the mouth sociopath will seem "boring". This speech isn't immature name calling and fearmongering.
No, it's just more boring empty promises. People have heard it before, they'll hear it again. People are afraid, and they want to hear solutions, not "everything under Obama is great! Smiley" speech after speech. And of course, there is the Trump being Trump wildcard factor of it all.

Some of this speech may come across as "boring" to "average Americans" (ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh) but she's making a strong case for herself, and getting in some good sound bytes.
In the end, that is what matters. Hence why I referenced the remotes clicking. My parents aren't watching, they'll hear what they need to hear on the Today Show tomorrow morning.

I think a disaster of a convention is one where your opponent refuses to endorse you on stage and where there was a fake trial. I'm just saying.
I think a convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters for a non-endorsement is a very unified convention.

A convention where an opponent is booed by his own supporters FOR endorsing is a very disunited one.

There were a lot of empty seats at the RNC and the speakers list was weak, which was disastrous. But, the RNC was supposedly a success to some people, so whatever.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:30 PM »

All these blue avatars talking smack are just nervous lol.

Yes. These arguments are all over the place and grasping at every little straw.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies