Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 20415 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 27, 2016, 09:34:17 AM »

Really all I see is Frank and Claire Underwood when I see the Clintons now.

The Underwoods are [at least according to the nonsensical rules that govern HoC's universe] highly skilled politicians. The Clintons are not.
I could see the argument for Hillary not being a skilled politician, but Bill is undeniably incredibly politically gifted.
The both of them are extremely skilled.  Just in extremely different ways.  Bill's always been the one who held the lofty ideals, while Hillary recognized the that those can't happen.  They always brought out the best in the other.  Him pushing her to greater goals, while she always brought him back down to earth.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 11:15:48 AM »

Really all I see is Frank and Claire Underwood when I see the Clintons now.
The Underwoods are [at least according to the nonsensical rules that govern HoC's universe] highly skilled politicians. The Clintons are not.
I could see the argument for Hillary not being a skilled politician, but Bill is undeniably incredibly politically gifted.
He was pretty good in his prime, but he's mostly lost touch lately. Hillary was always mediocre and she's proving it every day.
You're so bitter lol
Yes, I'm bitter. You know why I'm bitter? Because a narcisistic pathological liar backed by a hostile, regressive, imperialistic autocracy is currently leading in the polls to become the leader of the country I live in. This should not happen, and it would not be happening if the Democrats had actually ran a good candidate.
Well, Cuomo did not run, so Hillary Clinton was the best candidate in the Democratic primary.
I have no idea what alternate universe you live in.
The real one. Unlike the dream world in which Bernie Sanders can be elected president.

Hillary Clinton was one of the most popular politicians in the US merely 3 years ago. She has been brought down by this campaign. The only reason Sanders has polled well is that nobody serious took his candidacy seriously. Nobody really imagined a Sanders presidency, so nobody really went after him. Had it been otherwise, grandmothers in Peoria would have been scaring children with bad evil Berine. Half the Americans would have vaguely identified Berine Sanders with Bernie Madoff. Trump would have been far ahead in the polls by now if Sanders were the actual nominee.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_sanders-5565.html

The last polls featuring a Sanders vs. Trump showed the former leading with a +10.4 RCP average. If he was the nominee, he'd probably win the election in a landslide with 350+ electoral votes.

He was, without a doubt, the most electable and likeable candidate the Democrats had to offer this year.
I'm not going to rehash these old wounds, so just stop with this crap. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 11:41:52 AM »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've still got 3+ months left.

Exactly, Democrats are going to have to work our butts off.
You're running against a man whose faults outweigh a very popular message. You shouldn't have to work your butts off, but you nominated a candidate who embodies the politics-as-usual that people are up in revolt about. Hence why Trump, Bernie, Johnson, and Stein are doing well while Jeb!, Hillary, Rubio, Kasich, and O'Malley flailed.
Not really Sanchez.  Hillary never failed, she is the nominee.  Bernie of course failed enormously, losing by a huge margin.  But facts don't really matter to you, do they?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've still got 3+ months left.

Exactly, Democrats are going to have to work our butts off.
You're running against a man whose faults outweigh a very popular message. You shouldn't have to work your butts off, but you nominated a candidate who embodies the politics-as-usual that people are up in revolt about. Hence why Trump, Bernie, Johnson, and Stein are doing well while Jeb!, Hillary, Rubio, Kasich, and O'Malley flailed.
Not really Sanchez.  Hillary never failed, she is the nominee.  Bernie of course failed enormously, losing by a huge margin.  But facts don't really matter to you, do they?
Hillary literally won Iowa by a coin toss and got blown out of the water in New Hampshire after winning it in 2008. She never should have come under 65% of the vote. She won by 55%. The numbers don't lie, Jerry.
Going on the coin toss lies again I see.  Didn't see you as a Bern Bro. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies