StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:14:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie  (Read 3993 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: June 21, 2005, 10:00:15 AM »

I dont "owe" Statesrights anything.  He just seems to me to be archetypical Southerner, and he ought to be our governor.  It's not something I expect a Northerner to understand.  He reminds me of some people I see in life, although many of the people I see are phoney and don't live up to him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 12:04:34 PM »

Don--we're not trying to celebrate lyncing and racism.  We're trying to celebrate a South that's mostly moved past that.  We don't like racists, and would prefer not to have them in our party.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:53:47 PM »

Let me just say Don, that I am directly responsible for the enslavement of blacks, that I am directly responsible for the lynchings of blacks, and that I am a big advoctate of cross burning, as is everyone else who voted for StatesRights.  You're not being a partisan hack at all!
I know, me too!  I hate blacks!  I'm 200 years old and personally have whipped and hanged quite a many.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 09:12:30 PM »

It should be duly noted that htmldon did not bring up slavery.  The SAP did when they tried to define their Party by the borders of the old slave owning states.  It may have been a slip of the tongue, but you can't possibly have believed you'd get off scott free for it, did you?  Take your lumps and move on with life.

It should also be noted that htmldon only brought up lynching when josh22 made the ludicrous statement that the south had nothing to be ashamed of.  Does anyone really believe that?  So again, take your lumps and move on with life.

It should be noted as well that its more than a little bit unconvincing to call htmldon, former Governor of the Southeast, a person with an anti-Southeast vendetta.  You can't believe that, either, now do you?  Take your lumps and move on with life.

The SAp will win this election anyway.  I'm able to move on from the Civil War and let a Forum Legend be Governor again, so what?  At least there's one election this month where ideology matters less to voters than how much they like the candidate personally.
WE NEVER ING TRIED TO DEFINE OURSELVES ON SLAVERY.  IT WAS AN EARLY IDEA THAT WAS TOSSED OUT BEFORE WE FOUNDED OUR PARTY.  SO QUIT WITH THE BULLsh**t PROPAGANDA AND QUIT YOUR BITCHING ABOUT OUR PARTY!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »

I'm ashamed of some features of the South's past as well, don, but I don't throw away Southern pride along with it.  Sure the South doesn't have a spotless history, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate the good aspects.
And our party has been much more intensely criticized than any other party in the history of Atlasia and you're glossing over it, exactly what you're accusing us of doing over the South's past.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 10:40:16 PM »

Yeah, I mean its not like you were involved in an "Anti-UAC Coalition" or anything.   Oh, wait.. you were.
Don't start mudslinging...seriously Don.  We all (are supposed to) know the story behind that.  I used to think you were mature, but comments like that and crusades against our party show that you're not.

For those of you who don't know, the Anti-UAC Coalition, which was not its official name, was started by Stevennick and joined in by me and Statesrights and Texasgurl and Boss Tweed as a senate group to counter the powerful UAC.  It wasn't an attack on the party, but rather a political alliance.  It wasn't mean sprited, and we let it go quickly.  Don's comparison is not valid at all.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 04:12:58 PM »

Yeah, I mean its not like you were involved in an "Anti-UAC Coalition" or anything.   Oh, wait.. you were.
What the hell did that have to do with anything?
Harry said the SAP has been unfairly criticized and attacked more than any other party, so Don pointed out what he believes to be Harry's "actions" against the UAC.
how a short-lived political coalition to ensure the survival of the Left and the Right compares to a large incessant brutal attack on our party that is partially based on untruths, I don't know
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 10:46:06 AM »

Also it's nice to see Harry admitting to the anti-UAC coalition existing and him being in it.
What the hell?  I've NEVER denied it; in fact I TOLD JFK about it and my place in it.  I could link to the thread if I needed to.  Seriously, don't attack me with blatant lies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies