StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:05:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: StatesRights' Residual Popularity in Dixie  (Read 3958 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: June 21, 2005, 08:37:36 AM »

Can someone tell me why StatesRights remains so popular throughout the Southeast, despite his nearly succeeding at provoking a civil war the last time he was at the helm, not to mention his attempt at making himself a sort of quasi-dictator? And why are otherwise moderate-to-liberal Democrats voting for such a far-right candidate over a moderate like Governor Dubya?

I'm pretty sure Harry "owes" StatesRights after States' supported him in the Presidential race. Preston seemed very supportive of States' actions when he was Governor, but I don't know what Dave was thinking.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 03:29:53 PM »

Yes, I'm not proud of the KKK past - but I'm proud of the paternalist and benevolent society that preceded the Civil War

You mean the society built on the backs and blood of enslaved blacks?

Quit laying the 'sins' of 2% of the population on the rest of the 98% that never owned a single slave. And the north was built by slaves as well. Like DC? Thank the slaves.

New York City was constructed by slaves? Sure, the North was racist as hell, but at least they did not own slaves past around 1800 or so.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 04:08:57 PM »

Yeah, I mean its not like you were involved in an "Anti-UAC Coalition" or anything.   Oh, wait.. you were.
What the hell did that have to do with anything?
Harry said the SAP has been unfairly criticized and attacked more than any other party, so Don pointed out what he believes to be Harry's "actions" against the UAC.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 04:25:12 PM »

Yeah, I mean its not like you were involved in an "Anti-UAC Coalition" or anything.   Oh, wait.. you were.
What the hell did that have to do with anything?
Harry said the SAP has been unfairly criticized and attacked more than any other party, so Don pointed out what he believes to be Harry's "actions" against the UAC.
how a short-lived political coalition to ensure the survival of the Left and the Right compares to a large incessant brutal attack on our party that is partially based on untruths, I don't know
I didn't say the comparison was valid, but that was Don's point, I believe.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies