Franklin Foer: the DNC hack is Watergate, but worse (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Franklin Foer: the DNC hack is Watergate, but worse (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Franklin Foer: the DNC hack is Watergate, but worse  (Read 755 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: July 27, 2016, 09:49:25 AM »

So is the Cold War still over or is Putin still the next Hitler? The Democrats keep changing every four years, I can't keep up Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »

So is the Cold War still over or is Putin still the next Hitler? The Democrats keep changing every four years, I can't keep up Tongue.

It's not like the GOP is any more consistent right now. Four years ago Romney was calling Russia our number one geopolitical threat and now we have the most pro-Russian candidate since Henry Wallace.
Well yes, because most Americans are pro-Russian. Obama wasn't wrong, he was right-the Cold War is over. Our party is getting in line with the times (finally!) on foreign policy, while Obama seems to be reversing the course midstream.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:07:31 AM »

It's not like the GOP is any more consistent right now. Four years ago Romney was calling Russia our number one geopolitical threat and now we have the most pro-Russian candidate since Henry Wallace.
Well yes, because most Americans are pro-Russian.

Whereas most Russians are anti-American. Passionately so. You really take "loving your enemies" a bit too far. I should say, in a Lindberghianly fashion.
I like Russia. I want detente. And I want them to keep the Crimea too. Just as long as they stay out of our hemisphere and the Pacific. Make of that what you will.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:11:07 AM »

Well yes, because most Americans are pro-Russian.

Where are you getting this? Gallup says otherwise:

I'm speaking more in theory; they don't like Russia, because most grew up in Cold War America. Most Americans would have a very negative opinion of Libya too, even though Qaddaffi is gone. You don't have to like or trust Russia to know that we need to work with them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies