Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails  (Read 7254 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:20 AM »

Also, a non-government official saying they hope something happens is not treason.

Um, isn't he receiving classified information at this stage as a major party nominee?

Yup, now Putin doesn't have to go through the middleman of a hacker to get American intelligence.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »

Also, a non-government official saying they hope something happens is not treason.

When you're arguing over the technicalities of treason, I think you're in a pretty bad spot regardless.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »

Just another reason to make sure he remains a non-government official forever.
Not if I can help.

Well, Radical Reactionaries tend to be traitors. At least, in America.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »

When you're arguing over the technicalities of treason, I think you're in a pretty bad spot regardless.
But it's not treason
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 11:19:40 AM »

Um, isn't he receiving classified information at this stage as a major party nominee?

A) My recollection is that the party nominees get one four-hour briefing that's very general and signed off on by the President. I'd hardly consider that being a government official.

B) It isn't treason unless he actually directly aided a foreign power to harm the US government.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »

To them, it doesn't matter.  He isn't the shrill that Dems nominated.  So who cares if he is handing the US over to Russia.  Or nuking Poland and Eastern Europe.  The shrill won't win.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »

But it's not treason

Only because he is not a president, yet. So, save him from becoming a traitor: make sure he is never near the White House.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 11:23:26 AM »

To them, it doesn't matter.  He isn't the shrill that Dems nominated.  So who cares if he is handing the US over to Russia.  Or nuking Poland and Eastern Europe.  The shrill won't win.

I mean, the would probably prefer to have NYC nuked.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »

A) My recollection is that the party nominees get one four-hour briefing that's very general and signed off on by the President. I'd hardly consider that being a government official.

B) It isn't treason unless he actually directly aided a foreign power to harm the US government.

It is not treason, yet. But it is very indicative of his judgement. He will, almost certainly, commit treason if in office.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »

It is not treason, yet. But it is very indicative of his judgement. He will, almost certainly, commit treason if in office.

If that happens, you can gleefully gloat as he's impeached and removed from office.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »

If he's removed we can have President Pence!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 11:30:17 AM »

Pence has already released a statement that contradicts Trump.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »

Do you even realize what you're saying right now? Are you really so against Hillary that you will support someone that might commit treason while in office because his replacement will still be a Republican?
Fargobison

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2016, 11:39:04 AM »

Clinton response....

dspNY
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »

This has just exploded in Donald's face. The vast majority of the country is calling it treason. David Gregory, who can't stand the Clintons, called Trump "a child playing with matches"
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2016, 11:41:03 AM »

In more light-hearted news, Trump doesn't even know who the **** Tim Kaine is.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/07/27/senior-moment-trump-confuses-tim-kaine-tom-kean-video/

This man is so ****ing dumb, like this guy isn't qualified to run for dog-catcher in some city of the middle no where.....yet he is the Republican nominee.

skoods
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2016, 11:42:35 AM »

At a rally in Florida today, Donald Trump encouraged Russia to hack further into the DNC. I don't have a link but it was breaking news on CNN.

Is encouraging a foreign country to commit espionage against yours not an act of treason? Is it not a disqualifier for president?
Fargobison

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »

Christiane Amanpour ‏@camanpour  21m21 minutes ago
You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/camanpour/status/758336474832105472
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2016, 11:43:12 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »

Here ya go Smiley
psychprofessor

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2016, 11:44:53 AM »

any common sense republican that supports trump is putting party over country
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2016, 11:48:54 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trump really is going all in to prove his allegiance to Vladimir Putin. He must HATE that his joke of a convention resulted in a bump and is really trying to sabotage his campaign.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 11:49:46 AM »

/headdesk

Talk of treason over tweets is so face-palmingly stupid it defies description. The whole "Trump is a Putin stooge" thing is playing right into his hands.

Does Trump have financial and other connections to Russia that look kind of shady? I don't know for certain, but I find it very easy to believe that he does. Using that as one nail in a Trump coffin leading up to the GE would be good strategy.

But responding to damaging emails with terrible optics that were leaked at a very damaging time for the Clinton campaign with screams of "traitor!" and pretending that Putin is a cheezy Roger Moore Bond villain is terrible strategy.

First, even if it were 100% true, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that its an attempt to distract attention away from the leaked DNC emails. Second, the evidence to support the ludicrous charges just isn't there, which makes the already-suspicious Trump-supporting or Trump-leaning voters think better of Trump and worse of Clinton. Also, it justifies similar behavior on the part of the Trumpers. (Do you want Trump & Co picking out "traitors"? I certainly don't.) And finally, it's an open invitation for Trump & Co to haul out the Clinton Foundation's dirty laundry front and center, and use it to simultaneously refute (not really, but that's how it'll play) the charges against Trump, AND paint Clinton as a corrupt tool of foreign powers.
Fargobison

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »

Trump has been eerily consistent on Russia...

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/758339357459812352
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2016, 11:55:40 AM »

lock him up! lock him up! lock him up!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length