Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:30:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails  (Read 7176 times)
skoods
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2016, 11:55:50 AM »

egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »

I have been sick and tired of the fabrication about Trump being Russian/Putin agent diligently spread by Clinton and her  backers.  This is primitive and  obviously stupid black-wash. 
What do we know about ties between Putin and Trump? The only real fact is that Putin praised Trump calling him a colorful and gifted person. It was as long ago as in December 2015, and I  heard and watched Putin saying this phrase myself.  Suppose Trump really were Putin's agent.  In this case you must admit that
1.  Putin is an idiot who focuses public attention on his agent.
 Is he an idiot? In no way. Many atlasers call him a dictator, a tyrant, but noone here and in whole world has ever charaterized him as an idiotic or stupid person. Moreover lots of people all over the world think Putin to be clever and cunning. Why then did Putin praise Trump. The answer  is evident: he wanted to distract public attention from his real agent who is Clinton. And he managed to do it brilliantly. Note that Putin met with Clinton many times, he knows her very well.
2. Obama and his subordinates are nonentities who permitted a Russian agent becoming one of the main presidential candidates.
Agreed?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2016, 12:00:10 PM »

This is a little weird....
You must be logged in to read this quote.

First hint that at some point Pence might go rogue?

strangely this statement is on the official Trump Pence website.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not recognize Russia as having annexed Crimea? Sticking our fingers in our ears doesn't change reality.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 12:05:36 PM by Ronnie »

Just another day in Trump world.  Just when you think he couldn't possibly more outrageous, he somehow keeps topping himself.  At the same time, because it's so usual for Trump to say utterly crazy sh**t, I'm not sure this story will have the impact many people in this thread suspect.  

At his core, Trump represents the id of Republican voters.  They might or might not say such a thing out loud, but they probably hope for the same outcome.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 12:07:05 PM by Illiniwek »

I have been sick and tired of the fabrication about Trump being Russian/Putin agent diligently spread by Clinton and her  backers.  This is primitive and  obviously stupid black-wash. 
What do we know about ties between Putin and Trump? The only real fact is that Putin praised Trump calling him a colorful and gifted person. It was as long ago as in December 2015, and I  heard and watched Putin saying this phrase myself.  Suppose Trump really were Putin's agent.  In this case you must admit that
1.  Putin is an idiot who focuses public attention on his agent.
 Is he an idiot? In no way. Many atlasers call him a dictator, a tyrant, but noone here and in whole world has ever charaterized him as an idiotic or stupid person. Moreover lots of people all over the world think Putin to be clever and cunning. Why then did Putin praise Trump. The answer  is evident: he wanted to distract public attention from his real agent who is Clinton. And he managed to do it brilliantly. Note that Putin met with Clinton many times, he knows her very well.
2. Obama and his subordinates are nonentities who permitted a Russian agent becoming one of the main presidential candidates.
Agreed?

Hah. Hah. Hilarious.
psychprofessor

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2016, 12:03:21 PM »

Maybe because republicans can't grasp the severity of this, how about if at Hillary's next interview she states: I really want the Russians to hack into the IRS database and release Donald Trump's tax returns. I'm sure they would be rewarded if they did that."

Mentally unstable, temperamentally unfit and wholly disqualified.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »

Another thing I think people are missing is that Trump isn't saying he wants the Russians to hack and steal Hillary's emails. The emails he's referring to are gone. Trump's saying that the Russian might already have her emails from a previous attack before they were deleted and that he hopes to see them released if that is the case.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2016, 12:09:50 PM »

Hopefully Obama finds a way to add this in to his speech tonight.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »

I just re-listened to his comments and it seems like he was being sarcastic.

Ofcourse, but since the Dems dont have any sense of humor they all act like this is some kind of treason. Running a private server to keep your emails secret comes much closer to it. The voter will understand the difference between a joke and extreme carelessness.

He uses the idiot Dem talkingpoints against them.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2016, 12:11:40 PM »

Ofcourse, but since the Dems dont have any sense of humor they all act like this is some kind of treason. Running a private server to keep your emails secret comes much closer to it. The voter will understand the difference between a joke and extreme carelessness.

This is not a comedy show. You know that, right?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »

If he's removed we can have President Pence!

Do you even realize what you're saying right now? Are you really so against Hillary that you will support someone that might commit treason while in office because his replacement will still be a Republican?

The lack of self-awareness in this post is astonishing. I can't help but notice that the only people freaking out over this thing, weren't going to vote for Trump to begin with.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2016, 12:17:57 PM »

I actually thought Republicans for all my disagreements did genuinely care about America in a patriotic way. I guess they don't.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2016, 12:22:21 PM by Castro »

If he's removed we can have President Pence!

Do you even realize what you're saying right now? Are you really so against Hillary that you will support someone that might commit treason while in office because his replacement will still be a Republican?

The lack of self-awareness in this post is astonishing. I can't help but notice that the only people freaking out over this thing, weren't going to vote for Trump to begin with.

Describe for me please the concerns you have with my post, rather than attacking party labels as you often rely on. As to your latter statement, what's more concerning is that the people backing Trump can still somehow manage to do so even in the face of such dangerous statements and concerning actions.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:06 PM »

Another thing I think people are missing is that Trump isn't saying he wants the Russians to hack and steal Hillary's emails. The emails he's referring to are gone. Trump's saying that the Russian might already have her emails from a previous attack before they were deleted and that he hopes to see them released if that is the case.

You are spinning his words into something that he didn't even say. Just stop trying to even defend this, because it is not something that can or should be defended.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »

You are spinning his words into something that he didn't even say. Just stop trying to even defend this, because it is not something that can or should be defended.

How could Trump be encouraging a hack for something that he knows doesn't exist anymore? It doesn't make sense.
Fargobison

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2016, 12:27:46 PM »

Kasich weighs in..

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/758350649687891968
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »

I think the red avatar posters are overreacting a bit on this one. I've only read the quotes and haven't watched the video to see his tone, but this seems like someone posting "Obama pls drone" being met with "You want Obama to summarily kill US civilians within our borders?!?!"
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2016, 12:30:08 PM »

This is not a comedy show. You know that, right?

I know, but who started this? It were the dems with that ridiculous nonsense about Russia hacking the DNC, all to distract from the content of the emails. Maybe it's true, maybe not. But you know what is irresponsible? Making such claims without any prove.

Maybe a bit offtopic, but:

I look to this as a European outsider, and I can't understand these anti-Russian sentiments. The cold war is over, you guys won it. Now it's time to normalise the relation with Russia. Russia really should be an ally in fighting global terrorism. Now Trump clearly said in this conference he doesn't think Russia did it. Obviously he was being sarcastic.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2016, 12:30:39 PM »

How could Trump be encouraging a hack for something that he knows doesn't exist anymore? It doesn't make sense.

He stated that he wants Russia to find the emails. Enough said.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2016, 12:32:25 PM »

Which would only be possible if they had previously hacked her server years ago. It's a retrospective hypothetical not a call for attacks on the US.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »

Once again Paul Ryan has to issue a statement on something Trump said...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/jul/27/democratic-convention-hillary-clinton-nomination-day-three?page=with:block-5798d8dde4b02d2223d82631#block-5798d8dde4b02d2223d82631
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2016, 12:39:08 PM »

Which would only be possible if they had previously hacked her server years ago. It's a retrospective hypothetical not a call for attacks on the US.

What he said is not ok no matter how you frame it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2016, 12:42:57 PM »

If Trump is encouraging cyber attacks against his opponent now, what is he going to do with the powers of the state against his opposition if he God forbid becomes President?
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »

If Trump is encouraging cyber attacks against his opponent now, what is he going to do with the powers of the state against his opposition if he God forbid becomes President?

He wasnt, and please dont underestimate the voters like that.

For all the dems: https://youtu.be/HGHWou0h1kk?t=2306

Admit: it's really funny Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies