Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:26:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails  (Read 7230 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »

Get used to this sort of thing.

I've thought for a while that, for all of his noise and stink about Mexico, Trump has done
more than anyone in living memory to introduce unsavory Latin American style discourse into US politics. The threats of physical violence .... inappropriate "jokes" during interminable press conferences ... the fault-shifting and conspiracy theory mongering. Not that Trump has anything as consistent an ideology as "Bolivarianism", but he doesn't need to develop one, really, at least not right now.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:58:06 PM »

All this complaining about Trump's trumpery of Russia does is make the US, and particularly this Administration, look very weak: "Oh, my gracious!, a country with 1/3rd our population and 1/5th our wealth is stealing our election! Mother, make them stop." It's pathetic and distracting. Just chalk this up as another one of Trump's inanities and move on.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 05:16:38 PM »

All this complaining about Trump's trumpery of Russia does is make the US, and particularly this Administration, look very weak: "Oh, my gracious!, a country with 1/3rd our population and 1/5th our wealth is stealing our election! Mother, make them stop." It's pathetic and distracting. Just chalk this up as another one of Trump's inanities and move on.

Uh, the hack on the DNC is not outside the capabilities of many criminal organizations, let alone a country like Russia, who is known for its expertise is technology. Russian hackers (state sponsored or not) contribute massively to the number of hacks around the world.

Point is, even Ukraine could orchestrate such a hack (Ukraine is also a major source of cybercrime, in addition to Russia). It really doesn't take a whole lot of resources or manpower for something like this.

What you are speaking of is a matter of law enforcement and intelligence gathering. Let the investigation proceed: when the FBI can make a fact-based report about the breach, then, and only then, should it become a campaign issue. Until then it's only impotent rage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies