Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current Trump Press Conference: I hope Russia finds Hillary's emails  (Read 7242 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: July 27, 2016, 02:41:30 PM »

I can't help laughing at the Clintonites who seem to think that the Putin bit is an effective anti-Trump tactic. And maybe some of you are actually biased enough to believe that it is demonstrably true despite the oft-ignored reality that evidence for a connection, or even of more than negligible manipulation, remains weak.

Then I remember that these are the only folks standing between us and a Trump administration, and I feel very, very scared. It is amazing how detached these people are from the concerns of voters outside of their extended social circles of well-off, highly educated coastal professionals. Even if much of the movement that we've seen over the past week is a convention bump, the polls have steadily trended toward Trump since his mid-June nadir. There needs to be a better answer to this than half-baked conspiracies that reek of desperation.
You seem to underestimate how much foreign policy is important, it definitely is.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 05:03:13 PM »

But, yes, I wrote a very long mea culpa on Trump over on AAD a few months back. I think my main issue was a blindness, due to not living in the horrifying 24/7 US media environment, to the corrosive impact the Trump thing was having outside of politics.

e: That blindness was also partly wilful, probably. Hey, it was fun! Best not to think of the implications.

Fair enough. As someone who might directly suffer from a Drumpf victory (far less seriously than most Americans, admittedly, but still), I accept your apology.

I'm glad to hear that.

Just curious, have other "fellow travelers" recanted as well? I'd like to know which posters I can go back to valuing at least somewhat.
I don't regret having ironically supported Trump in the republican primaries.
This is the worst party in the occidental world, even worse than the National Front. Watching him destroying so many careers, well, it makes me feel so good.
And additionnally, his nomination has definitely increased the likelihood of Clinton winning the presidency, doesn't mean she will win, but truly her best chance is against him.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

If you guys think it's OK to even semi-seriously invite foreign powers to screw with our elections, or think Trump was 100% joking, you are delusional.
AIPAC?
¨
Dear ing god, on this one, you're right. AIPAC should be banned as well.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies