Will Trump's comments about Russia hurt him?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:19:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Trump's comments about Russia hurt him?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Trump calls on Russia to hack Hillary's emails. Will this hurt him?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Will Trump's comments about Russia hurt him?  (Read 3004 times)
Californiadreaming
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016, 06:36:49 PM »

I think if it weren't today, with Obama, Biden and Kaine... then probably nothing, but he will be beaten over the head with this.
Working-class white people probably have more important things to care about than Russia, though.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »

No. After all, you are talking about a man who wasn't hurt (at least not over the long-run) by his previous KKK comments, by his previous flip-flop(s) on abortion within several years, and by his racist comment against an Indiana-born Mexican-American judge.

Oh .... he has been hurt.
Have you been seeing some of the targeted Hispanic surveys/polls that have been released.
trump is down with Hispanic support compared to Romney.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »

I think if it weren't today, with Obama, Biden and Kaine... then probably nothing, but he will be beaten over the head with this.
Working-class white people probably have more important things to care about than Russia, though.

I'm sure, but it's not about the issue, as much as about the temperament and judgement.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »

No. Most Trump supporters would happily have him rape their mother, and you are talking of some crazily boring foreign country thing.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 07:15:39 PM »

In another clear sign that Donald Trump is working with Russia, he is now saying he'll recognize Crimea as Russian territory.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-crimea-sanctions-russia-226292

And non related, he says the Geneva Convention is out of date. I guess this should've been obvious when taking into account all the war crimes he has pledged to commit if elected.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-sees-geneva-conventions-out-date?cid=sm_fb_maddow
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 07:24:27 PM »

In another clear sign that Donald Trump is working with Russia, he is now saying he'll recognize Crimea as Russian territory.

And non related, he says the Geneva Convention is out of date. I guess this should've been obvious when taking into account all the war crimes he has pledged to commit if elected.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-sees-geneva-conventions-out-date?cid=sm_fb_maddow

None of that matters unless, or until, a(nother) Deep Throat releases hard documentary evidence of collusion between Russian intelligence and Trump's campaign. Innuendo isn't sufficient.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:11 PM »

None of that matters unless, or until, a(nother) Deep Throat releases hard documentary evidence of collusion between Russian intelligence and Trump's campaign. Innuendo isn't sufficient.

Even if it is not High Treason, it is solid evidence of horrible judgement.

That is even if we ignore the bombshell on Geneva conventions.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2016, 01:06:51 AM »

Man, Trump sure is making it easy for me to vote for Hillary.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »

Has anything Donald Trump said hurt him? No. As others have said, his cult will continue to support him no matter what he says. The lower he goes, the more his sheep love him because white working class anger. He could call Hillary a witch on the debate stage and his supporters wouldn't go anywhere.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2016, 01:18:54 AM »

Has anything Donald Trump said hurt him? No. As others have said, his cult will continue to support him no matter what he says. The lower he goes, the more his sheep love him because white working class anger. He could call Hillary a witch on the debate stage and his supporters wouldn't go anywhere.

I mean, he could rape Pence on live TV in prime time, and his supporters would find that endearing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 01:35:14 AM »

I mean, he could rape Pence on live TV in prime time, and his supporters would find that endearing.

Wow, that was a disturbing visual.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2016, 01:35:29 AM »

I'm deadly serious: Trump can (and still might) call Hillary a stupid c-nt at a rally, and his poll numbers will continue to rise.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2016, 01:38:48 AM »

I'm deadly serious: Trump can (and still might) call Hillary a stupid c-nt at a rally, and his poll numbers will continue to rise.

Well, that's pretty expected considering how sexist the country is. The scarier thing is that he was correct that he could literally murder someone and still be fine.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2016, 01:46:16 AM »

neh. 90-95% of anyone still supporting him at this point is a cultist whose mind (such as it is) will not be changed by anything.
Dakota Devil
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2016, 02:18:10 AM »

Trump could waterboard puppies on live TV and his blind followers would still vote for him.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2016, 02:52:32 AM »

Yes. This time its different because I hate Trump and Democrats I like had a pep rally about hating Trump. 50 State blowout for Hilldawg.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »

People will recognize Trump's sarcasm.  They will also recognize the forked tongue the Democrats speak with when referring to national security issues.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »

Of all the dumb stuff he's said; this one actually made some sense.  It was sarcasm/ripping on the media as he often does. "Our media will reward you for breaking the law" - the implication.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2016, 11:14:46 AM »

People will recognize Trump's sarcasm.  They will also recognize the forked tongue the Democrats speak with when referring to national security issues.

Possibly so (although I doubt Trump actually uses sarcasm), but the damage is being done overseas.  The Trump Crimea comment, in particular, is concerning as it would imply that US is ready to accept Russian annexation of Eastern European territory.  I suspect that Trump probably just wanted to avoid commenting on a foreign relations topic that he knew little about, but in the Ukraine or Poland that approach by a candidate for the President of the US sends shivers down their spine.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2016, 12:31:08 PM »

So now Trump is saying that he was kidding?

See, I already said he didn't like the fact that Hillary is getting all the attention at the DNC, so he had to manufacture something to put his name back on top of the headlines.

I guess it worked. But now he says he was kidding. What a thing to kid about!

So tired of Trump. Sad
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2016, 12:42:58 PM »

It should damage Trump-Pence's campaign, but I don't know if the media will discuss it at length. Some of the media have given him a pass on some things.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »

Yep.
trump now realizes his mistake, and understands how much a fool he sounded like.
He was probably beat-up by Pence and others.
So now he is trying to back-pedal from his previous comments.
But his Pro-Russian, Anti-NATO and Anti-Ally views, seen by most Americans, still stands.
In conclusion .... trump's attempt to take a positive headline ....... FAIL !!

dspNY
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2016, 01:27:36 PM »

It has damaged them a lot. They are spinning wildly and getting called on their Dear Leader's anti-Americanism. Russophilia is not exactly a good thing in the rust belt
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies