Should unwilling parents be forced to pay child support if we'll have a UBI? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:05:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should unwilling parents be forced to pay child support if we'll have a UBI? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should unwilling parents be forced to pay child support if we'll have a UBI?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Should unwilling parents be forced to pay child support if we'll have a UBI?  (Read 2808 times)
Greatest I am
Canada
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »

If a UBI is in place, then the state has taken over what a parent should have been left with to do.

That bit of (welfare state) thinking may be why we now have about 50% of all household with single parent children, --- being able to say that they are not supported by the deadbeat dads that created those children.

Taking a man's responsibility and duty away from him and his children, for his children's sake,  does not strike me as a good idea.

I see that as just helping produce more deadbeat dads and poorly adjusted children.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 12:08:48 PM »

If a UBI is in place, then the state has taken over what a parent should have been left with to do.

That bit of (welfare state) thinking may be why we now have about 50% of all household with single parent children, --- being able to say that they are not supported by the deadbeat dads that created those children.

Taking a man's responsibility and duty away from him and his children, for his children's sake,  does not strike me as a good idea.

I see that as just helping produce more deadbeat dads and poorly adjusted children.

Regards
DL
Out of curiosity--do you oppose the creation of a sufficiently large UBI?

I am not sure what you mean by large but I do not oppose a minimum income law as I agree with Ghandi. "Poverty is the worst form of violence."

Rich nations should not stoop to violence against their citizens.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »

Not sure what statistics you are using but you are kind of agreeing with the OP.  Most of the cases of child support issues I've seen are ones where the guy has his act together and the woman uses a kid like a cheap trading token to extract money.

It would be interesting to have a world where child support payments were actually that vs women enrichment payments.  It never made sense to me why a woman who has never had a proper job is entitled to millions simply because she slept with a man who is wealthy.  That is basically state sponsored legalized prostitution... except it is more expensive.

The strong are to serve the weak. Not the weak serve the strong.

I see men as the strong, or supposed to be, and I also think a man should be responsible for his reproduction. As you say, anything less would be like his using a prostitute.

This should not be read as my saying that women are weak because they are showing themselves to be stronger than many men in terms of looking after their children, --- as compared to the deadbeat dads.

Regards
DL

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies