The Department of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:29:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Department of State
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Department of State  (Read 3121 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2016, 03:58:33 PM »
« edited: July 27, 2016, 06:01:05 PM by Secretary of State Truman »

R E P U B L I C   O F   A T L A S I A
- D E P A R T M E N T  O F  S T A T E -

2201 C Street, NW     Nyman, D.C.

Harry S Truman
Secretary of State

ArchiveLegislationMap RoomContact
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2016, 07:47:23 PM by Secretary of State Truman »

ARCHIVE

This post is used to store past statements and orders issued by the State Department.

DateItem
04 Aug 2016Statement on the Execution of Mark Hooper
11 Aug 2016Statement on the Abduction of Mike Retroman and "Ace" Spear
11 Aug 2016Statement on Domestic Terrorism
16 Aug 2016Statement on Leaked Documents
22 Sep 2016Order Specifying the Flag of the Department of State
24 Sep 2016Press Release: UK Foreign Secretary to Visit Nyman
27 Sep 2016Unofficial Preliminary List of Allied States
11 Oct 2016Statement on the Proposed ABCMA

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2016, 01:42:33 PM by Secretary of State Truman »

Legislation

This post is used to store treaties, executive orders, and acts of Congress pertaining to the State Department or foreign and military affairs.

ItemDateNotes
Executive Order 01014 Jul 2016Establishes the Department of State
Muslim Brotherhood Investigation Act31 Jul 2016
Conservagreen Brigade Terrorist Designation Act5 Sep 2016

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:59:46 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2016, 12:58:38 PM by Secretary of State Truman »

MAP ROOM

The maps in this post will be updated to reflect the current state of global political geography.

Political Map of the World as of August, 2016 (click for full size image)

Fighting in Iraq and Syria as of July, 2016

Political Map of Europe as of August, 2016
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:47:05 PM »

R E P U B L I C   O F   A T L A S I A
- D E P A R T M E N T  O F  S T A T E -

Statement on the Execution of Mark Hooper

In light of the execution of Mark Hooper, the Republic of Atlasia wishes to register her astonishment that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has seemingly so little regard for the integrity of its commitments. That Mr. Hooper's sentence was carried out in spite of the appeals of this government to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and in direct contradiction of the assurances of the Saudi government, suggests a fundamental lack of respect for our two countries' relationship and for the conventions that have governed international relations since the end of the Second World War.

To enforce the laws of one's country is one thing; to uphold a draconian sentence on a foreign national is quite another. The Republic of Atlasia strongly advises the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to apologize to Mr. Hooper's family and to return his body to them for burial, as behooves the government of an allied state.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 06:03:33 PM »

Update on Paflagonia

The Department of State is closely monitoring the situation in Paflagonia and the plight of the 30 Atlasian citizens stranded there. Further information will be released (where prudent) as it becomes available.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 03:06:19 PM »

Statement on the Abduction of Mike Retroman and "Ace" Spear

While the Department of State will do everything in our power short of compromising our national security to see that the two Atlasians abducted by the so-called "Conservagreen Brigade" return safely home, the Republic of Atlasia does not negotiate with terrorists. As we speak, State Department officials are working tirelessly in conjunction with the Paflagonian authorities to avert the threatened execution of Mr. Retroman and bring his abductors to justice. We implore anyone with information relating to this case to contact the Department of State immediately.

Efforts to repatriate the remaining thirty-one Atlasians stranded in Paflagonia continue. In the interests of their safety, no further information can be released at this time.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »

Statement on Domestic Terrorism

This Department is currently in contact with the Governor and Acting Governor of Fremont and is working to devise a bilateral response to the attacks  of the last week in Los Angeles and Ida County, Iowa. I have instructed the Undersecretary of Homeland Security to launch an investigation of these groups to determine who they are and what they next targets may be. I have likewise recommended several possible next steps to the Fremont authorities. More information will be released (where prudent) as it becomes available.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »

Statement on the Return of Atlasian Citizens

It is with tremendous relief that I welcome home thirty-one citizens of Atlasia, who returned to our soil this morning after an anxious week spent stranded in Paflagonia. Their return is due to the tireless work of our diplomats in Wurstburg and the cooperation of the Paflagonian authorities, to whom we are immensely grateful.

Efforts continue to rescue the remaining two Atlasians currently held hostage by the Conservagreen Brigade. As of yesterday, the Department of State introduced legislation on the floor of Congress that would formally designate this group a terrorist organization. We are confident that the Paflagonian authorities will continue to be our loyal partners as we endeavor to bring these militants to justice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 03:08:45 PM »

No statement on pingvin's rights abuse in the Ice Kingdom?

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 03:21:53 PM »

No statement on pingvin's rights abuse in the Ice Kingdom?
[OFF THE RECORD]
To be perfectly honest, I'm far too confused by that update to make a lengthy statement on it. Why are all these countries named after Candy Land? Why is that penguin in jail?  What kind of parents name their daughter "Bubblegum?"

Of course, I support the ICC and will stand behind their decision to indite the ruler of Ubekibekibekistanstan Candy Kingdom.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 03:12:39 PM »

Statement on Leaked Documents

The Department of State has launched a formal investigation into the matter of the classified documents recently leaked to the public by a yet-unknown source. Any persons with information relating to this matter should contact the Department of State immediately.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 10:27:13 PM »

Order Specifying the Flag of the Department of State

Since Congress has yet to prescribe an official flag, I am establishing the following ensign for use by the diplomatic and military personnel of the Republic of Atlasia. The design is inspired by the personal coat of arms of Thomas Jefferson, our first Secretary of State.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

R E P U B L I C  O F  A T L A S I A

Press Release: UK Foreign Secretary to Visit Nyman

On Friday, September 30 - in six days' time - the Secretary of State will meet with Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom to discuss a proposed common market agreement between our two countries. The Republic of Atlasia is pleased to welcome Secretary Johnson to Nyman for what we hope will be a productive and illuminating visit.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »

Statement on the Ukrainian Freedom Act

The Department of State offers its commendation to the Senate and the House of Representatives on the passage of the Ukrainian Freedom Act, the which we are pleased to recommend to the president for his signature. This essential act of legislation will allow the legitimate government of Ukraine to defend itself against the selfish and illegal attacks of those who would subvert the will of her people. It is well known that the source of the objections to the rule of the present government of Ukraine leveled by the so-called "separatists" and the heads of foreign states lays with that government's refusal to become a pawn of the Russian Federation. Having herself fought a war to win her independence from the oppressive rule of an empire, the Republic of Atlasia stands in solidarity with the Ukrainian people in the battle to preserve their national integrity.

The dishonest threats and brazen antagonism of other states do not merit a response from this Department; to those foreign objectors to this act, therefore, we say merely that the Republic of Atlasia will not be intimidated by saber-rattling or angry accusations, no matter who the speaker is.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 07:44:40 PM »

Statement on the Proposed ABCMA

With thanks to Secretary Johnson, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and the efforts of our own diplomats, the Department of State is now able to announce that representatives of the Republic of Atlasia and the United Kingdom have agreed to a draft treaty to establish a common market between our two states. The initial draft of the treaty was drawn up by Secretary of State Truman, based upon the earlier proposal of Mr. A. Scott, now Senator for the North; a series of amendments proposed by the United Kingdom were accordingly adopted. As agreed to by the parties, the treaty (which may be read here) is founded upon the following principles:

a. Elimination of all trade barriers between signatories
         b. Free movement of nationals (citizens and/or subjects of Atlasia and the UK) between the signatories
         c. Signatories will make available all rulings and regulations relevant to this agreement
         d. Atlasian nationals living in the UK shall be eligible to vote in Atlasian elections
         e. Atlasia and the UK remain independent and sovereign nations with full authority to govern their own affairs

The Department of State is proud to submit this treaty to the Senate on behalf of the administration and looks forward to a vigorous and constructive dialogue.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies