Opinion of Obama's speech?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Obama's speech?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 103

Author Topic: Opinion of Obama's speech?  (Read 1231 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2016, 11:54:54 PM »

I'm telling you this right now in earnestness -- don't be at all shocked if Obama's speech polls as "deeply negative and divisive" amongst this electorate.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 11:57:43 PM »

I'm telling you this right now in earnestness -- don't be at all shocked if Obama's speech polls as "deeply negative and divisive" amongst this electorate.

I think you're wrong - but to be fair, you cannot make the case about this election without making sure that Trump is buried. This is serious and he cannot get by on high-minded fluffy.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »

I thought it was an incredible speech.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 08:56:40 AM »

Didn't watch it yet, but Austrian media said it was pretty good.
wjx987
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 11:18:36 AM »

That speech was everything I love about the Democrats. Four more years, Obama, please?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »

Excellent.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »

Choked up when he started talking about the drawing from a Newtown student he has framed on his wall. Something Trump would never do.

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »

Hahahahahaha.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2016, 03:11:35 PM »

Hahahahahaha.

No one on AF thought that Trump's 75 minute paean of anti-Americanism would result in a current post-convention bounce, given that the rest of the RNC was so dire.

Polls of Obama's speech haven't been published, none that I've seen, anyway, but I just refuse to be surprised if it weren't received/spun unfavorably.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 03:28:09 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2016, 03:32:38 PM by PeteB »

Hahahahahaha.

No one on AF thought that Trump's 75 minute paean of anti-Americanism would result in a current post-convention bounce, given that the rest of the RNC was so dire.

Polls of Obama's speech haven't been published, none that I've seen, anyway, but I just refuse to be surprised if it weren't received/spun unfavorably.

Seriously? I correctly predicted Trump's bounce and am also predicting, subject to a decent Hillary performance tonight, that she will bounce by at least 5-7%.

The speech will definitely help Trump. It was focused, disciplined, covered a lot of ground and wooed varied constituencies. He didn't degenerate to the baser instincts and focused on visions of a better country.

Of course his premise is still wrong, the promises were made without a clear idea of how to achieve them and there were quite a few statements that contradicted each other.

However all that is for another day. Tonight he did well and will definitely get a bounce out of it!
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 03:33:08 PM »

Hahahahahaha.

Seriously? I correctly predicted Trump's bounce and am also predicting, subject to a decent Hillary performance tonight, that she will bounce by at least 5-7%.

Sorry to have overlooked it. I've had a lengthy hiatus from AF.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies