Opinion of Obama's speech? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:56:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Opinion of Obama's speech? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
FS

HS

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 103

Author Topic: Opinion of Obama's speech?  (Read 1246 times)
PeteB
Canada

« on: July 27, 2016, 10:52:29 PM »

A phenomenal speech, probably enough to give Clinton enough of a push to decisively rise above Trump. It is ironic that Obama is leaving at a time when he is probably the best qualified to be POTUS.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 03:28:09 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2016, 03:32:38 PM by PeteB »

I'm telling you this right now in earnestness -- don't be at all shocked if Obama's speech polls as "deeply negative and divisive" amongst this electorate.
Hahahahahaha.

No one on AF thought that Trump's 75 minute paean of anti-Americanism would result in a current post-convention bounce, given that the rest of the RNC was so dire.

Polls of Obama's speech haven't been published, none that I've seen, anyway, but I just refuse to be surprised if it weren't received/spun unfavorably.

Seriously? I correctly predicted Trump's bounce and am also predicting, subject to a decent Hillary performance tonight, that she will bounce by at least 5-7%.

The speech will definitely help Trump. It was focused, disciplined, covered a lot of ground and wooed varied constituencies. He didn't degenerate to the baser instincts and focused on visions of a better country.

Of course his premise is still wrong, the promises were made without a clear idea of how to achieve them and there were quite a few statements that contradicted each other.

However all that is for another day. Tonight he did well and will definitely get a bounce out of it!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies