Australia 2019 (game thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:56:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Australia 2019 (game thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Australia 2019 (game thread)  (Read 4725 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »

Journalist: Senator! What is your thoughts on Trumps statement about the Prime Minister?

Xenophon: Well I think the Prime Minister has done a terrible job as Prime Minister and Australians should not give him a second mandate.

Journalist: Do you think that Turnball is a Useless Idiot?

Xenophon: No, I would never say that about him. I do think he has done little to better Australia.

Journalist: Do you think that the fact that people are moving to support the Coalition over Trumps claim will hurt your chances of Election?

Xenophon: Well first off, we all should reacting to a Leader of another nation telling us what to do. We should stand up for our ourselves. When President Trump gets a new hair-do, then I will maybe take him serious.
The fact that it appears that the electorate is flocking to the coalition is because "No Show" Shorten has not campaigned. All of this honestly proves that we must end the duopoly.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 12:57:53 AM »

16 September

-Launch campaign in home seat of Maribyrnong
-Fly to NSW
-Barnstorm in Eden-Monaro, NSW
-Rally outside Sydney Opera House. NSW

You must be logged in to read this quote.
-Build campaign infrastructure in NSW

17 September
-Forum at Sydney Boys' High School, NSW
-Barnstorm in North Sydney, NSW
-Meet with NSW Young Labor
-Rally in Macarthur, NSW
-Fly to SA

18 September
-Barnstorm in Hindmarsh, SA
-Joint appearance with SA Premier Jay Weatherill in Adelaide, SA
-Attend "Save the Repat" Rally in Boothby, SA
-Barnstorm in Makin, SA
-Attend debate at Port Noarlunga-Christies Beach RSL, SA

19 September
-Fly to Queensland
-Rally in Capricornia, QLD
-Barnstorm in Brisbane, QLD
-Meet and Greet in Fairfax, QLD
-Build campaign infrastructure in Queensland

20 September
-Build campaign infrastructure in all states
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 04:05:07 PM »

Port Noarlunga-Christies Beach Returned Soldiers' League-National Nine News Leaders' Debate

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 10:00:23 AM »

I've been stuck in a hotel in Ocala for the last 24 hours since my car broke down, and I only have a phone. I'm gonna have to drop out. I just couldn't find the time this week and won't be able to get a rushed schedule up. Sorry guys Sad
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »

"I find it amusing that the Prime Minister would say 'let's not go negative', yet the very first thing he's done is go negative.

The reason I have not been campaigning is due to the fact that my mother passed away last week, and understandably, I needed time to recover from such a loss.

The Prime Minister and Senator Xenophon though, have taken to calling me No-Show Shorten. Not that it's a surprise though. The Liberals have always launched attacks on me and my party to draw attention away from their own failings.

Need I remind you that Mr Turnbull can't even unify his own party? He's having trouble keeping Mr Abbott and Senator Bernardi on a leash. Not to mention even the moderate wing of his party is having second thoughts about him.

On the other hand, the Labor Party is completely unified. Our party came back from the dead three years ago, and very little of the Prime Minister's destructive agenda has been pushed through. We have protected Medicare, have pushed for real action on climate change, led the charge of overturning the Marriage Act, and prevented this country becoming even more of an Orwellian state.

What has Mr Turnbull done? He and his party have opposed us on each and every one of those things. He has spent too much time dithering; trying to please everyone. What is needed is strong, decisive leadership, and we can provide that.

So, Mr Prime Minister, I ask you this: How can you unite our country when you can't even unite your own party?"
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »

*Oakes* Right then, onto questioning. You will have two minutes to answer and one minute for rebuttal.

*audience member* Mr Prime Minister, what is your response to the recent comments made by President Trump calling you a "useless idiot"?

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 05:12:34 AM »

*Oakes* Mr Shorten, rebuttal?

*Shorten*

Again, the Prime Minister tries to draw attention away from his own failings. You want to talk about thin-skinned, Mr Prime Minister? Fine.

Trump is a man who can be baited by a message on social media. This man is dangerously unstable, and is in control of the world's only remaining superpower. That does not alarm you at all, Mr Turnbull? This man claims that his predecessor was the founder of Islamic State. This does not alarm you? This man advocated for the assassination of his opponent in 2016. This does not concern you?

As for this "mandate" you claim, why is it that you lost some thirteen seats in 2016. You had 90 seats, and you were only barely able to scrape through three years ago. Mr Turnbull, you cannot even unite your own party. Stop dithering and show real leadership!

OOC: And here's where my self-handicapping comes into play. You get to ask the questions directed at Shorten.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 05:35:48 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2016, 05:42:50 AM by lok1999 »

*Shorten*

Again, the Prime Minister tries to draw attention away from his own failings. You want to talk about thin-skinned, Mr Prime Minister? Fine.

Trump is a man who can be baited by a message on social media. This man is dangerously unstable, and is in control of the world's only remaining superpower. That does not alarm you at all, Mr Turnbull? This man claims that his predecessor was the founder of Islamic State. This does not alarm you? This man advocated for the assassination of his opponent in 2016. This does not concern you?

As for this "mandate" you claim, why is it that you lost some thirteen seats in 2016. You had 90 seats, and you were only barely able to scrape through three years ago. Mr Turnbull, you cannot even unite your own party. Stop dithering and show real leadership!

OOC: And here's where my self-handicapping comes into play. You get to ask the questions directed at Shorten.

Do you mean the rest of us? If so, I have a question for Shorten:

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 06:06:59 AM »

*Shorten*

Do you mean the rest of us? If so, I have a question for Shorten:

Yes I do. My response will be in the next post.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 06:13:40 AM »

My position on this has not changed at all. The 2004 amendment to the Marriage Act was a gross overstep of power. That is why a Labor government will hold a binding referendum on overturning this amendment and allow all Australians to be married.

Put simply, the entire Labor Party is behind this decision. We have fought for the average Australian since our inception. We will stay true to this year's platform.

Why is it the government's responsibility to control who people love? Government cannot control people's feelings, and it is insane to think government can.

As you can guess, my position has not changed at all. In the event of a Labor government being formed, I will put not just a plebescite, but a nationally binding referendum to the people of Australia, and we will stand by the result of that referendum, not matter what the result is.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 05:18:19 PM »

*audience member*
Thank you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 06:08:04 PM »

*Oakes* Mr Turnbull, rebuttal?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:42 AM »

Okay lads, I'll have to put this on hold for a while. You see, I've been struggling with depression for a number of years, and today had an "episode" brought on by a reallly bad breakup. I'm in the hospital now.

I'm out of danger for the moment, but they want to keep an eye on me for a while until thay can guarantee I'm okay and in a competent state of mind.

Sorry guys.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 04:52:34 PM »

Okay, I seem to be out of danger for now. We'll kick this thing up again once they judge me to be mentally competent.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 10:02:27 PM »

I am sorry guys, but I may be have to drop this race. #RIPXenophonCampaign
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2016, 07:08:10 AM »

I am sorry guys, but I may be have to drop this race. #RIPXenophonCampaign

No problem mate, we all have other things to do.

Just FYI, when a person drops out of the game, it'll be handwaved as them concentrating on defending what they currently hold.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 02:09:40 AM »

Seeing that you started a new game, will this one continue?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2016, 02:13:21 AM »

Seeing that you started a new game, will this one continue?

Yes. I'm just about to put up the next debate question.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 04:18:58 AM »

*Oakes* Next question

*Audience member* Mr Turnbull, my name is Steve McInnes, I'm the President of this RSL Club. I fought in Vietnam, and I have two sons who fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. My question is this: In the event that ISIS is defeated under a Coalition government, what measures would you take to ensure that our veterans are taken care of?

OOC: I work at this RSL myself. Steve's a great friend of mine and I have his permission to put him in here.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2016, 03:14:21 AM »

Angry audience member: Hurry up and speak!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 08:11:39 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 08:14:59 AM by GoTfan »

*Oakes* Next question

*Audience member* Mr Turnbull, my name is Steve McInnes, I'm the President of this RSL Club. I fought in Vietnam, and I have two sons who fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. My question is this: In the event that ISIS is defeated under a Coalition government, what measures would you take to ensure that our veterans are taken care of?

OOC: Okay, question for Labor.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 05:33:05 AM »

Audience member: I have question for Shorten. back at the end of the last election there was a debate about wether Australia should adopt electronic voting, with all pros and cons discussed. what is your opinion on the mater, and if elected, what will you do in terms of the way we vote?
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »

Audience member: I have question for Shorten. Back at the end of the last election there was a debate about wether Australia should adopt electronic voting, with all pros and cons discussed. what is your opinion on the mater, and if elected, what will you do in terms of the way we vote?
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2016, 05:41:37 AM »

Audience member: I have question for Shorten. Back at the end of the last election there was a debate about wether Australia should adopt electronic voting, with all pros and cons discussed. what is your opinion on the mater, and if elected, what will you do in terms of the way we vote?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies