Fake billionaire Trump bashes real billionaire "little Bloomberg" on Twitter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:43:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fake billionaire Trump bashes real billionaire "little Bloomberg" on Twitter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fake billionaire Trump bashes real billionaire "little Bloomberg" on Twitter  (Read 1536 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »

Well sure. But when it isn't "parasitic", there's no reason why that shouldn't be something to applaud and look up to. Unless you want to give Trump some suggestions, I think the idea that Bloomberg's career has been "parasitic" is transparently basis. Not that you necessarily meant that, but it was implied...

Not entirely, no, and probably less than many other billionaires, but it's still far from something that I'd find remotely worth applauding. I mean, whatever good he's done, he hasn't exactly done it out of goodness of his heart, has he? If someone seeks their own personal gain and happen to do some good in the process, good for them and for society, but that doesn't make them saints.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Indeed, it's a common truism to say that this attitude represents the quintessence of the American spirit. There's a lot I like about American culture, but that's not one of them.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 11:08:37 PM »

This is like, one of the few times all of the moderate heroes in this forum jacking off over Bloomberg is warranted.  He had some epic, very fact-based zingers.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 01:00:24 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 01:06:06 AM by Seriously? »

Well, I know another billionaire who won't be getting 10% of the vote in NYC anytime soon.
Wrong. Trump will get more than 10% of the vote in NYC. There are enough Republicans there. The absolute floor there is probably 13-15%, with the final numbers between 15-25%.

I assume Trump takes Richmond County (Staten Island). He also gets decent numbers (for a Republican) out of Queens (Romney took ~20% in 2012) and stays in the 15-20% range in Kings (Brooklyn) and New York (Manhattan) (both ~15% in 2012). The only county where he could stay under 10% is Bronx County (Romney was ~8% there in 2012).

He is right about Bloomberg though. Republicans hated the true RINO by the time his last term was done and over with after he grabbed sodas in addition to guns. 10% may be a tad bit of an exaggeration, but he would have lost -- even to Mayor Wilhelm.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 06:05:52 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2016, 06:10:37 AM by jaichind »

I haven't seen any actual evidence to suggest Trump isn't actually a billionaire, first things first.

Otherwise, what a joke. Bloomberg is everything Trump claims to be-- a self-made entrepreneur, someone with a net worth in the tens of billions and (still!) rising, a generous philanthropist, a successful politician, in-demand in the most rarefied parts of Society. Bloomie has done everything Trump wishes he could, so he's left to knock Bloomberg, like a child, on the only thing he can-- his height. I bet every night, Trump goes to sleep wishing he was like Bloomberg, Buffett, the Kochs, Li Ka-Shing, and so forth; that he lived up to his own hype.

Bloomberg's last term as mayor was the exact opposite of a disaster, and if he actually ran for Mayor again (which he could, given that NYC term limits apply to consecutive terms) as I dearly wish he would, he would handily defeat de Blasio in a rout.

Well, for one thing, Bloomberg's own Billionaires Index estimates Trump's net worth to be $3 billion.  As for the rest I would agree with you on many points.  Trump's business prowess is not in the same league as people like Bloomberg, Buffet, Li Ka-Shing etc etc.  And yes, I mostly backed a 3 Bloomberg terms which now seems like paradise compared to the disasters under  de Blasio.

BTW, Bloomberg Billionaires Index has the following breakdown for Trump's net worth

Golf Courses and Resort Properties             $710.0M
725 Fifth Avenue                                      $600.0M
Vornado Partnership                                  $590.0M
40 Wall Street                                           $540.0M
6 East 57th Street                                    $520.0M
Other Properties                                        $220.0M
502 Park Avenue                                       $170.0M
Cash & Other Assets                                  $170.0M
Aircraft                                                       $65.0M
Washington hotel                                        $60.0M
Misc Liabilities                                          $-630.0M

This most likely underestimates Trump's net worth as it does not include goodwill.  If Trump's assets were part of a publicly traded company then the trading value will be higher than book value which would boost his net worth some more. Forbes's $5 billion estimate take that approach instead of the Bloomberg book value approach.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2016, 06:29:19 AM »

I do not think Trump's attack on Bloomberg is smart of effective.  If he wanted to attack Bloomberg he should focus on the Globalist and Cosmopolitanism nature of Bloomberg the person as well as the Bloomberg business.  Everyday Trump wakes up in the morning he must say to himself "What am I doing today to turn out non-evangelical low educated low income Whites."  Attacking Bloomberg's record as mayor does not do that.  Attacking Bloomberg's global finance based business model is the way to do it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 06:52:36 AM »

If he wanted to attack Bloomberg he should focus on the Globalist and Cosmopolitanism nature of Bloomberg the person as well as the Bloomberg business.

Well yeah, wouldn't be the first time Drumpf resorts to barely-covert antisemitism.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies