Trump and Russia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:29:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump and Russia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Did Trump break a law when he said the Russia remarks on the emails
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Trump and Russia  (Read 2019 times)
jman123
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »

Will he be prosecuted?
amdcpus
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:19:24 PM »

LMAO at Hill Shills saying he broke the law and should be prosecuted for free speech, yet they think their Queen did nothing wrong storing tens of thousands of emails, many classified, on a vulnerable private server.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 04:33:07 PM »

Highly unethical but I don't see anything illegal here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »

I struggle to see a way where Trump could be prosecuted for colluding with a foreign power in a manner that precludes criticism of it being a partisan set-up. But if there is any way for that to happen, I definitely think it should.

We need to find a rabid anti-Communist federal judge to preside over the trial, and it goes without saying rabid anti-Communists would be a) Republicans b) anti-Putin in general.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 05:31:43 PM »

I struggle to see a way where Trump could be prosecuted for colluding with a foreign power in a manner that precludes criticism of it being a partisan set-up. But if there is any way for that to happen, I definitely think it should.

We need to find a rabid anti-Communist federal judge to preside over the trial, and it goes without saying rabid anti-Communists would be a) Republicans b) anti-Putin in general.

This all boggles the mind, though. Imagine if Obama had said this sort of thing about Bush in 2008. Or Dukakis in 1988 ("I hope the Russians release any missing Iran-Contra files..."). The GOP would crucify them, and rightly so. What kind of double standard do GOP politicians have so they can be a gung-ho, flag-waving, "if-you-don't-love-this-country-you-can-leave" patriots in 2006, yet stand behind a candidate supporting an unambiguously hostile foreign leader's-- the Russians, for Christ's sake-- attempts to undermine our government and political process?

Sure, you can say the GOP has been bigoted, reactionary, retrograde, populist, "the same as Trump". Whatever. But supporting foreign subversion? No one can argue the GOP has ever been in favor of that.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 05:50:42 PM »

He did not break a law. He simply showed that his judgement is extremely poor and that. In fact, so poor, that if he becomes president the probabilty that he will be breaking laws daily is equal to exactly 100%.

In fact, electing Trump president might qualify as entrapment.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 05:58:19 PM »

Not only didn't Trump break the law, but he also suggested that Russia follow it's treaty with the US and turn over any evidence that they have in the Hillary! FBI investigation.

Trump suggested that if Russia had the "missing" e-mails that they hand them over to the appropriate legal authority -- the FBI. There was nothing illegal with what Trump said.

It was a patriotic act by the Donald to request that these 30,000 e-mails that were "lost" despite a subpoena are handed over to the appropriate authorities. Let the sun shine in, Crooked Hillary!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 06:13:14 PM »

LOL, no.
He was being sarcastic.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 09:39:37 PM »

This all boggles the mind, though. Imagine if Obama had said this sort of thing about Bush in 2008. Or Dukakis in 1988 ("I hope the Russians release any missing Iran-Contra files..."). The GOP would crucify them, and rightly

Yes, it's impossible to imagine. Your example demostrates well how weak the US has become under Obama. It has lost its position of the superpower. How you are afraid of Russians now. This is the most prominent result of Obama's rule.
Californiadreaming
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 09:45:54 PM »

In short: No.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »

No. I don't think he was actually serious as much as he was musing aloud (is it nasty when I muse aloud in the car "God I hope that guy on the motorcycle gets ticketed when he cuts in front of me on the rice rocket?) for the sake of making news.

Prosecuting him or continuing this whole "TREASON" panic will only turn people off. Attack Trump for being a loud mouthed asshole who thinks he alone can fix it, not for being a traitor.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2016, 09:58:32 PM by Stranger in a strange land »

This all boggles the mind, though. Imagine if Obama had said this sort of thing about Bush in 2008. Or Dukakis in 1988 ("I hope the Russians release any missing Iran-Contra files..."). The GOP would crucify them, and rightly

Yes, it's impossible to imagine. Your example demostrates well how weak the US has become under Obama. It has lost its position of the superpower. How you are afraid of Russians now. This is the most prominent result of Obama's rule.

GDP:
U.S.: $17.9 trillion
Russia: $1.33 trillion (Spain is higher)

Aircraft carriers:
U.S.: 10
Russia: 1 (India has more)

Universities in the top 1,000, as ranked by CWUR:
U.S.: 228
Russia: 5 (Poland has more)

Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 12:29:32 AM »

GDP:
U.S.: $17.9 trillion
Russia: $1.33 trillion (Spain is higher)

Aircraft carriers:
U.S.: 10
Russia: 1 (India has more)

Universities in the top 1,000, as ranked by CWUR:
U.S.: 228
Russia: 5 (Poland has more)

That is all easily refuted propaganda:
$17.9 trillion in worthless debt dollars, with a national debt greater than even its own alleged forged "income". Mother Russia has no national debt to speak of )))).

Aircraft carriers are technologies of the past. Nobody needs them anymore, especially when our nuclear submarines patrol freely just kilometers away from your Disney World.

American "universities" .. what a LAUGH. They just transfer money from the gullible to the culpable. And they are full of foreigners anyway, since your own American undergraduates know less than even our primary schoolers ))))

And we were the ones who build Polish "schools" anyway ))))

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 01:32:15 AM »

No, but it almost makes me wish the HUAC was still around to make his life hell anyway.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 01:50:28 AM »

Perhaps, but you should NEVER make jokes about these kinds of topics.
This will probably hurt him among Independents, Undecideds, and Lean Trump voters.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 01:54:09 AM »

No, to be fair. It was just sarcasm. Whether you like it or not is another question.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 02:09:13 AM »

How much is Putin paying you to spam here you commie scum?

God Bless America.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 02:09:43 AM »

Not only didn't Trump break the law, but he also suggested that Russia follow it's treaty with the US and turn over any evidence that they have in the Hillary! FBI investigation.

Trump suggested that if Russia had the "missing" e-mails that they hand them over to the appropriate legal authority -- the FBI. There was nothing illegal with what Trump said.

It was a patriotic act by the Donald to request that these 30,000 e-mails that were "lost" despite a subpoena are handed over to the appropriate authorities. Let the sun shine in, Crooked Hillary!

America! Love it or leave it you commie troll!!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 02:10:32 AM »

You're a patriot who supports America over your idols.

LOL no. I was being sarcastic.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 02:11:08 AM »

No. I don't think he was actually serious as much as he was musing aloud (is it nasty when I muse aloud in the car "God I hope that guy on the motorcycle gets ticketed when he cuts in front of me on the rice rocket?) for the sake of making news.

Prosecuting him or continuing this whole "TREASON" panic will only turn people off. Attack Trump for being a loud mouthed asshole who thinks he alone can fix it, not for being a traitor.

Sleep it off, Sanchez.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 04:21:25 AM »

God Bless America.

You are the 27th person on the forum to ask this question. And this is my 27th answer: I have beer paid nothing. I work for enthusiasm rather than for money. But such hard-headed Clinton backers can't comprehend this fact.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 04:31:19 AM »

God Bless America.

You are the 27th person on the forum to ask this question. And this is my 27th answer: I have beer paid nothing. I work for enthusiasm rather than for money. But such hard-headed Clinton backers can't comprehend this fact.
ah, you're getting free beer? well, i respect that, then.
egalitt
Russian Federation
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 04:38:28 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2016, 06:37:36 AM by egalitt »

God Bless America.

I don't drink spirits including beer as many Russians do. I'm used to drinking kvas.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 06:22:28 AM »

God Bless America.

Денег нет, но вы держитесь.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 06:24:11 AM »

God Bless America.

I don't drink spirits including bear as many Russians do. I'm used to drinking kvas.

We are going on a bear hunt.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyI6ykDwds
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies