Post the map between the two preceding posters and you
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:23:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post the map between the two preceding posters and you
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Post the map between the two preceding posters and you  (Read 3843 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »

2036 Democratic Primary

Gov. L. D. Smith (D-CA)
Sen. Lars L. Rock (D-NY)
Sen. Xing Kerui (D-WA)

In a primary pitting a rising star (Sen. Rock), a progressive hero (Sen. Kerui), and a moderate Kaine-type party standard-bearer (Gov. Smith), interesting stuff was bound to happen. Smith easily won Iowa, but Rock followed up by winning New Hampshire, and the three candidates were fighting from then on. Rock's insistence on not campaigning in South Carolina because of some gibberish he made up in his head shifted the race in Smith's favor, but Super Tuesday turned it back into a tossup. Despite Kerui and Rock's best efforts, Smith won a plurality of delegates and superdelegates easily pushed him over 50%.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 05:50:56 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2016, 09:51:12 AM by Angelo »

Lol I got REALLY into this one.

Sen. Xing (D-WA)

Gov. Lars L. Rock (D-NY)
Sen. Angelo (D-WV)

New York Gov. Lars L. Rock enters the primary season as the establishment favorite. However, rising star Senator Xing entered the primary race unexpectedly, siphoning off a huge amount of Gov. Rock's support. While Gov. Rock and Sen. Xing had no major ideological differences, Sen. Xing was stylistically more progressive (think Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama). The entry of Sen. Angelo into the race threatened to cut off Sen. Xing's candidacy off at the knees. Temporarily, Xing fell to third place in public opinion polls, but by the time voting began, Sen. Xing had recovered much of his support by cutting into Gov. Rock's vote. Sen. Xing avoided going after Sen. Angelo too strongly, for fear of alienating his progressive base of support.

As voting began, Sen. Angelo surged to victory in the Iowa caucuses. Going into the first-in-the-nation New Hampshire primary, Sen. Angelo was riding a wave of momentum but Gov. Rock was sitting on a huge polling advantage. Sen. Xing had come to close to rivaling Gov. Rock's lead in recent days but Sen. Angelo's surge blew Gov. Rock's margin wide open and Rock expectedly claimed victory on primary night. The political pundit class seemed to be in agreement that Angelo was not a shrewd enough politician to turn his momentum into a path to victory. At the same time, it seemed that Sen. Xing's fledgling campaign was on the way out, but Sen. Xing pledged to fight on insisting that nothing was wrong despite multiple campaign shake-ups. Before his huge victory in New Hampshire, Gov. Rock already held a huge lead in the state of Nevada and won an expected victory there. Sen. Xing looked for a win in South Carolina to upset the apple cart...

The Washington Post
"XING TO DEMS: BELIEVE ME, I'M NOT DEAD!"

A narrow victory in South Carolina solidified his support among African-American voters, but more importantly, kept his campaign alive. Going into Super Tuesday, Xing had momentum in the South...

Super Tuesday came. Gov. Rock scored 4 wins, Sen. Angelo 4, and Sen. Xing 3. Over the next month, Senator Xing blew his rivals away with 9 wins in primaries and caucuses. Sen. Angelo claimed 6 victories and Gov. Rock won 4 contests. The party establishment was now beginning to lose faith in Gov. Rock's candidacy and he vowed to drop out of the race if he didn't win his home state of New York on the April 19 primary...

The New York Times
"ROCKED TO THE CORE: EMBARRASSED GOV. ROCK CALLS IT QUITS"

Sen. Xing had eliminated his main rival for the nomination and the only potential threat to his coronation at the Democratic convention would come from the left. Fat chance. But, the Senator from West Virginia was persistent, and insistent that he was still in this thing.

Senator Angelo scored scattershot victories over the next month and a half, sometimes surprising victories. However, Sen. Xing's lead in delegates was insurmountable and with his bigger than expected victory in the California primary, he was put over the top.

The Los Angeles Times
"XING WINS CALI; ANGELO FOLDS"

Donald J. Trump | @realDonaldTrump
"The Democrats have nominated the choke artist Crooked Xing. We will beat him and Make America Great Again! He couldn't get elected dog-catcher! Sad!"
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »

First Place

Second Place

Gov. Angelo(D-WV)
Sen. Lars Rock(D-NY)
Sen. Alice Scarlet(D-AZ)
Note: following 2016 primary schedule, except with Michigan and Florida moved earlier.

Senator Alice Scarlet of Arizona enters the Democratic primary as the leftist challengers to New York Senator Lars Rock. Governor Angelo of West Virginia, however, fears that her controversial nature could endanger chances to finally nominate a leftist candidate as president, and begins his own bid.

At first it looks like a two way race between Lars and Alice, But Angelo's unexpected second place finish in Iowa puts him firmly in the race. He does less well in New Hampshire, coming in third with roughly 23% of the vote. Nevada is great territory for both Alice due to her connections to the hispanic community(Senator from Arizona) and Lars for her relatively establishment rhetoric. It looks like the end for Angelo, but an upset win in michigan puts him back in the race. South Carolina and Florida come as blessings for Lars, finally giving her decisive victories.

Super Tuesday fails to make the primary clear, though it does give Lars an advantage. Alabama, Georgia, and Massachusetts go to Lars by a decent margin. But she only wins Arkansas by a narrow margin, with all three candidates doing okay there. Alice pulls off good wins in Colorado and Vermont and a narrow win in Texas. Angelo wins Tennessee and Oklahoma, along with coming close in Virginia and minimizing losses in other southern states.

In Mid March, Alice starts out with wins in Nebraska, Kansas, and Maine. Angelo makes second in all three races and Lars's delegate lead is shrinked. Louisiana narrowly goes for Lars, with Mississippi following suit. Missouri, North Carolina, and Ohio go to Angelo, and Illinois goes to Lars.

Late March and early April are bad news for Lars. Alice wins Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Utah, and Washington, and Angelo wins Idaho, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. After Lars wins New York, Alice begins to falter. During the period from April until June, she only wins Oregon and Rhode Island. Angelo, meanwhile, sweeps the delegates in West Virginia, and wins a blowout in Kentucky, along with less impressive wins in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. Lars manages to win Maryland and Connecticut.

Alice dropped out of the race on May 20th and endorsed Angelo. She was polling badly in all remaining contests and was behind in delegates. The two remaining candidates competed viciously for California. Angelo emerged out on top, beating Lars by about ten points. Angelo went on a winning spree, adding Montana, both Dakota's, New Mexico, and DC while narrowly losing New Jersey.

On the first ballot no-one won. On the second ballot all of Alice's Delegates were unbound, and most switched to Angelo. Angelo won about 40% of super-delegates, and the nomination.

I have no life.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 07:10:26 PM »

207: Governor Thomas N. Volk/Senator Rand Paul - 33.3%
205: Representative Leonard Pole/Senator Angus King - 34.0%
126: Phoenix Mayor Olive Scarlet/Senator Elizabeth Warren - 27.0%
Others - 5.7%
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »

Sen. Eva Greene-Arbor (D-WA)/Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ): 48% PV, 307 EVs
Gov. Thomas N. Volunteer (R-TN)/Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY): 39% PV, 225 EVs
Sen. Leonard Pole (I-AR)/Sen. Angus King (I-ME): 13% PV, 6 EVs

Greene-Arbor runs as a typical progressive Obama-type Democrat. Volunteer runs on a libertarian-type platform. Pole tries to appeal to centrist voters.

Greene-Arbor does well in the West and very poorly in the South. Volunteer does very well in the South and Appalachia. Pole ends up winning low double digits in most states, but does better in Arkansas because of the home-state effect, Maine because of his running mate, and better in New Hampshire because Volunteer was caught on camera saying that New Hampshire was a "hellhole full of angry women." Volunteer got 0% of the vote in New Hampshire. Greene-Arbor probably would have lost to Volunteer without Pole in the race.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 07:47:26 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2016, 08:00:18 PM by Chrome »

Sen. Leonard Pole (I-AR)/Sen. Angus King (I-ME): 37% PV, 249 EVs

Sen. Eva Greene-Arbor (D-WA)/Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ): 32% PV, 153 EVs

Gov. Chrome (D-NY)/Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA): 29% PV, 136 EVs

Eva Green-Arbor is strong in the west, Leonard Pole is strong in the south and in many Republican state since the other two major candidates are Democrats, and Chrome is strong in the Northeast.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 03:29:28 PM »

(Dem primary)

Gov. Chrome (D-NY) 38%
Sen. Eva Greene-Arbor (D-WA) 37%
John Ewards (D-NJ) 25%

Nobody secures a majority of delegates; at the convention, superdelegates break heavily for Greene-Arbor on the second ballot.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 09:17:55 PM »

Goldwater (R-CA)
Chrome (D-NY)
John Ewards (I-NJ)

Large amounts of vote splitting on the left, due to John Ewards running as an independent mostly focused on working class issues.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 12:09:57 PM »

Sen. R. John Edwards (D-NJ)/Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-NJ): 278 EVs (45% PV)
Gov. Oldiesfreak (R-MI)/Sen. John Thune (R-SD): 137 EVs (41% PV)
Rep. Goldwater (I-CA)/Fmr. Sen. Jim DeMint (I-SC): 123 EVs (13% PV)(
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 02:47:30 PM »

In a hard fought contest between Gov. Oldiesfreak and Sen. Xing, Independent candidate Goldwater ends up winning a fairly even number of Democrats and Republicans. The election remains uncalled well into the night and the morning, thanks to the closeness of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida. Eventually, Alaska proves to be a shockingly close three-way race, and the election ends up hanging in the balance, as a result. In a stunning result, Goldwater wins Alaska, meaning that neither Xing nor Oldiesfreak end up with the necessary 270 EV.

Sen. Xing (D-WA) - 268 EV (38.8%)
Gov. Oldiesfreak (R-MI) - 267 EV (38.4%)
Rep. Goldwater (I-CA) - 3 EV (20.6%)

Eventually, the election is thrown to the House, which elects Oldiesfreak. Facing a divided country and an angered left, President-elect Oldiesfreak decides to offer an olive branch to the left, and names Sen. Xing his pick for Secretary of State.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »

Senator xīngkěruì (D-WA): 331 EVs
Senator Oldiesfreak (R-MI): 198 Evs
Governor Goldwater (I-NV): 9 EVs
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 01:02:49 PM »

Senator Corey Crane (D-WA) - 264
Congressman Barry Goldwater (R-CA) - 259
Congresswoman Emily Peebleton (I/D-NC) - 15
When Senator Crane is caught on a hot mic saying "fuck North Carolina, I hope that state burns in hell," the Democratic Party of North Carolina moves to drop Crane in favor of Congresswoman Peebleton, who originally detested the nomination but wins her home state. This proved to be Crane's undoing, as Goldwater won in the House.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2017, 05:14:03 PM by L.D. Smith »

Rep. Barry McClintock Goldwater (R-CA [CA-4, Angel's Camp])
wins in a YUGE landslide against a divided left that is essentially Secretary of HHS Emily Peebleton (D-NC) vs Governor Gene Xing (D-WA) fighting to capture the main base and establishment, but with no side to really appeal to the old white working class...Rep. Larry Smith (D-CA [CA-2, Lakeport] is tapped.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 12:27:22 AM »

Governor Smith (D-CA) heads into the Democratic primary heavily favored, with both Senator Peebs (D-NC) and Senator Xing (D-WA) low on cash and endorsements. However, progressives turn out in much higher numbers than expected, giving Gov. Smith a more difficult primary than he had hoped for. He comes in third in the Iowa caucus, behind Xing, who is narrowly edged out by Peebs. Xing wins the next two contests in New Hampshire and Nevada, causing many to believe that Smith might be out of luck. However, the Smith campaign remains confident that the Deep South and Southwest will hold for him. He wins the South Carolina primary over Peebs, and Xing gets a distant third, which quickly erases the lead he had gained from the previous contests.

Over the next few months, it becomes clear that Smith has the largest base of support, as he wins the Deep South easily, as well as several contests in the Southwest and Midwest. Peebs and Xing continuously split the progressive vote, and while Peebs is able to win several contests in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, while Xing does well in the West and New England, it is evident by May that neither will be able to secure a majority of delegates. While they attempt to win enough delegates to force a brokered convention, Smith's big win in California is enough for him to secure the nomination.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2017, 09:50:48 PM »

L.D Smith - 278
Jake Jewvinivisk - 238
Xingkerui - 22
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2017, 12:36:20 PM »

Democratic primary:

Senator Emily Peebleton (NC)
Senator Corey Crane (WA)
Governor Jake Jewvinivisk (NY)
Shortly after Governor Jewvinivisk won Iowa, a private investigator found that he had actually been born in Kekistan. Another notable fact found by a private investigator was that Senator Peebleton had a sex-change operation. When asked about the subject, Peebleton downplayed the fact with a simple "Who cares?" While the more culturally conservative Democrats voted for Crane out of protest, Angry TX Transgenders and Southern Blacks outweighed both them and voters in the West, who were Crane's original base.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2017, 09:59:56 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2017, 10:02:11 PM by MT Treasurer »

Govanah Jake - 12 EV, 12.9%
Peebs - 212 EV, 40.6%
MT Treasurer - 314 EV, 46.5%

Govanah Jake's Independent libertarian left-wing candidacy causes a lot of confusion, especially after he does well in the debate. It allows the Republicans to carry NV and ME. Jake carries VT and CO after focusing mostly on these states (and OR, NY and MN) during the GE campaign.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2017, 11:07:57 PM by Fremont Assemblyman RFayette »

RFayette/Thomas from NJ (R) - 54
MT Treasurer/Heisenberg (I) - 54
Peebs/Southern Gothic (D) - 430

With a very strong centrist Dem in Southern Gothic and a fractured GOP field causing a 3rd party by centrist Republican MT Treasurer, who attacks RFayette for supporting Trump's Syrian intervention and runs on a more populist playbook, the Dems win in a big landslide.  Interestingly, all 3 major party candidates are staunchly pro-life, an interesting incident, with Peebs switching sides to accommodate SG on the ticket.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »

Representative Richard Fayette (R-CA)/RNC Chairman Pat Sanchez (R-FL)
Senator C. X. Smith (D-MA)/Governor Mike Wells (D-NY)
Governor Mike T. Treasurer (I-MT)/Representative Kyle Ingpoleon (I-AR)
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »

RFayette/Santander (R): 315
"All socon all the time"
CXSmith/Ascott (D): 132
"Make America left-libertarian again"
JustinTimeCuber/West_Midlander (I): 91
"Noobs are a higher life form"

CXSmith easily wins the Democratic primary, but for no explained reason, a Missouri congressman from the 2nd district, JustinTimeCuber, starts an independent bid. He is able to make significant inroads into CXSmith's base by running to his left on economic issues. He is able to win a sizable number of electoral votes from several areas around the country. He wins CA and OR because of his heavy focus on those states and his progressive platform being popular in big CA cities and in the progressive Portland urban area. He wins MO because of his ties to the state and focused efforts there, and NC because neither of the other candidates has great appeal there and because of his VP.

Even though the two liberal candidates got a combined popular vote total of 57%, JTC's national 18% total caused a spoiler effect that gave RFayette, who only got 41% of the vote, the victory. #NotMyPresident
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2017, 02:35:56 PM »

It will be a massive landslide for me since the two previous posters will split the Democratic vote . I dont think any states outside the states that went to hillary by 18.5 points are more stays dem .

Businessman  Old School Republican 422 47%
DNC Chairman Justin Time Cuber 105 30%
Massachusetts House Speaker CX Smith 11     22%
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2017, 03:15:44 PM »

2020:

President Oswald Scholastic (R-OR) / Vice President Ray Fayette (R-IA) - 265
Governor Emily Peebleton (D-NC) / Senator Corey Crane (D-WA) - 263
Congressman Justin Cubert (D-MO) / Governor Jake Jewvinivisk (I-NY) - 10

Through unexplained methods, Scholastic failed to make the ballot in Missouri. Reluctant to let Peebleton win the state in a landslide, some Missourians wrote-in favorite son Justin Cubert instead. They were shocked to find that not only did Peebleton not break 80% in the state, but that in December, Cubert would somehow win the state by 19 votes, despite most write-ins dispersing throughout most other candidates, including Mickey Mouse, GEORGE ELMER PATAKI, & Knuckles. In two other shocking upsets, Peebleton won Texas due to angry TX transgenders and Scholastic eked out a win in his home state. Scholastic could have stopped the madness before it began. He could have gotten his name on the ballot. But he couldn't, he didn't, and now we're all paying the price.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 12:32:59 AM »

Autism Speaks CEO Omar S. Rahasapeemapetilon of Oregon runs a moderate, business-oriented campaign that isn't really all that popular at all with the people, and he taps fellow CEO-turned-Governor Ray Knowland Thomas of Illinois. But he does have the luck of running to differ from that of the current New Democrat President in office with barely above 50% in approvals.

Secretary of Health Emily S. Peebleton did everything she could to capitalize on the incumbent's popularity, along with her own top-notch qualifications. She even sought out a running mate from projected swing state Arizona in the form of the popular Senator DeValle Sentriss.

But earlier troubles in the primaries with renegade Congressman Larry Smith [D-Markleeville] from California's 4th district, aka Gold Country led to a bit of leftist split between the establishment and the populist outsiders. Unsatisfied with the popular vote- delegate dissonance (speculated by some to have come from some hijinx in The Weed Triangle which otherwise would've given Peebleton the popular vote in California), Smith decided to go full-on Indie on a crusade to make the popular vote the ONLY vote on ALL levels. He chose the moderate Governor Jimmie Spoul of Missouri to appease wary Blue Dogs.

The nature of the election, which was surprisingly the most spirited, but good-natured meant a lot of states were turned into battlegrounds. And yet it was the businessman whom employed a 50 state strategy. Whereas Rep. Smith mostly just visited the Midwest, which was hit hard by economic downturns which no party seemed ready to answer, and around the Mormon Spine and Sec. Peebleton mostly just hit Ohio, NC, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Arizona, with one hail-mary in Michigan.

Mr. Omar S. Rahasapeemapetilon (R-OR)/Governor Ray Knowland Thomas (R-IL):
274 EV, 44% pv

Sec. of Health Emily Peebleton (D-NC) / Senator DeValle Sentriss (D-AZ) 244 EV,
48% pv

Congressman Larry Smith (D/I-CA) / Governor Jimmie Spoul (D-MO) 24 EV, 8% pv

In the end, while many surmised it'd be one of the Southern states that would call the election, it was in fact an odd combination of The West and The Rust Belt that determined the election. In the former Mr. Smith nabbed votes from Nevada, New Mexico, and Colorado that would've gone to Peebleton and votes from Utah, Montana, Idaho, and Arizona that would've gone to Rahasapeemapetilon. In the latter, Rep. Smith largely just took away votes away from Peebleton.

Because of this, there is a split between the establishment and populist elements of the Democratic Party over what cost the election: The former blame Smith for entering and for eating up the vote in Denver, Cleveland, Roanoke, Raleigh, Savannah, and Charlottesville...even one of these cities they allege would've flipped one of these states and thrown the election to the House, who might've given it to Peebleton. The latter that didn't go over to camp Smith allege that Peebleton shouldn't have taken The Midwest for granted in the first place and run a more fluid campaign responsive to the people.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2017, 03:13:54 AM »

^4% PV margin? Good God, and I thought 2016's was bad...

(skip)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »

2020 Democratic primaries

Governor Lewis Douglas Smith - 38.2%
Senator Emily Pebbles - 38.4%
AR-2 Representative Leonard King - 20.6%
Others - 2.8%
Pages: 1 [2] 3