Who is more trustworthy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:07:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is more trustworthy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Who is more trustworthy?  (Read 2065 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 01:24:35 PM »

I don't see how the many who has been proven to have lied on everything he's ever said is more trustworthy.

Cause those aren't really lies, unlike Clinton's calculated lies.

By the way, who has proven that Trump lied many times?

He said that he saw Muslims cheering on 9/11. He said that he saw people asking for moments of silence for Micah Johnson. Those are just two of the grossest off the top of my head.

Are you sure he didn't see those two things?

Given that they didn't happen, yes.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »

I don't see how the many who has been proven to have lied on everything he's ever said is more trustworthy.

He said that he saw Muslims cheering on 9/11. He said that he saw people asking for moments of silence for Micah Johnson. Those are just two of the grossest off the top of my head.

How can you be so sure?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »

Hillary Clinton may not mean what she says, but she at least knows what she actually means.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, may also not mean what she says, but it seems that he almost always doesn't know what he actually means, or what he is saying means, for that matter.

Which makes Trump more trustworthy.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »

How can you be so sure?

Ljube, You are sounding silly.
How is it possible that Little-Hands-Donny can see "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrating, but everyone else missed them ?
Human
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »

Hillary (sane)

The fact that some polls have shown that voters find Donald Trump more trustworthy than Hillary is terrifying and disturbing.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »

I would never "trust" that orange-haired clown to run our government as President. Period.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 01:39:00 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2016, 01:43:01 PM by Simfan34 »

Hillary Clinton may not mean what she says, but she at least knows what she means. In other words, she may be lying, but she knows what she is doing.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, also does not mean what she says, but it seems that he almost always doesn't know what he actually means-- or what he is saying means, for that matter. He is not only being untruthful, but doesn't know what constitutes "the truth" is in the first place (in which case you can't really call it lying), or what being untruthful is supposed to achieve.

In short, I would much rather be led by a competent liar than an incompetent one. Trump has an seemingly pathological aversion to giving a straight answer on virtually anything, no matter how innocuous, far more than the worst careerist hack.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 01:40:33 PM »

How can you be so sure?

The Thousands of Muslims cheering in New Jersey never happened. There are literally no media or eyewitness reports of any such event happening. If it had, there surely would have been media coverage and photos and video of the event, especially given the atmosphere of heightened vigilance in the weeks right after 9/11, when even just a few Arab men talking was often cause for suspicion. It's impossible that Trump saw the event and nobody else, including hardened Islamophobes, did.

The moment of silence for Micah Johnson was literally one person on Twitter.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 01:41:39 PM »

How is it possible that Little-Hands-Donny can see "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrating, but everyone else missed them ?

It has become very difficult to argue with you people from the position of reason. You seem to be too PC conditioned to be able to realize that it could be possible for Trump to see something which was not reported.

The media with a globalist agenda would never report a group of American Muslims cheering the 9/11 attack. Trump may have seen that in New Jersey, while visiting there.

Why do you think it is impossible for American Muslims to be celebrating an attack on America?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 01:41:56 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »

It has become very difficult to argue with you people from the position of reason. You seem to be too PC conditioned to be able to realize that it could be possible for Trump to see something which was not reported.
The media with a globalist agenda would never report a group of American Muslims cheering the 9/11 attack. Trump may have seen that in New Jersey, while visiting there.
Why do you think it is impossible for American Muslims to be celebrating an attack on America?

Ljube,
You are sounding just as foolish trying to defend trump's "thousands and thousands" comment, as Seriously was trying to defend that Melania's words were not plagiarized from Michelle's speech.

PS: Your use of "PC conditioned" is so 1980's already. Move-on to something more modern.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »

Ljube,
You are sounding just as foolish trying to defend trump's "thousands and thousands" comment, as Seriously was trying to defend that Melania's words were not plagiarized from Michelle's speech.

PS: Your use of "PC conditioned" is so 1980's already. Move-on to something more modern.

Well, what can I say? I'm 42 years old. Wink
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

This. Although I think the funniest lie between the two of them is Hillary claiming she dodged sniper fire followed by Trump denying he ever criticized McCain for being captured. Mostly because the situations they lied about were filmed.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

per politifact, 52%of clinton's claims are true or mostly true, as compared to 15% of t***p's. there is an objectively correct answer here.

Quoting politifact, the Dem hack organization? You can't be serious.

i am serious. unless you have a different source claiming the opposite, you should probably drop it, to avoid looking like (more of) an idiot. not that that seems to have ever been a concern of yours.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »

per politifact, 52%of clinton's claims are true or mostly true, as compared to 15% of t***p's. there is an objectively correct answer here.

Ah, the true Trumpian way. When an organization calls you out on something or says you lie, attempt to delegitimatize them!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »

i am serious. unless you have a different source claiming the opposite, you should probably drop it, to avoid looking like (more of) an idiot. not that that seems to have ever been a concern of yours.

There is not a chance you could possibly omit an insult form a post of yours, of course.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »

I dislike them both, and don't trust either of them.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »

Ah, the true Trumpian way. When an organization calls you out on something or says you lie, attempt to delegitimatize them!

Why would I trust some organization with a not so hidden agenda?
If I want my facts checked, I'll check them myself.
I suggest you start doing the same. You will realize then how biased PolitiFact is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »

Why would I trust some organization with a not so hidden agenda?
If I want my facts checked, I'll check them myself.
I suggest you start doing the same. You will realize then how biased PolitiFact is.

You should start here.  None of those liberal-biased facts like they have at Wikipedia.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 04:07:26 PM »

I don't think talking about politicians and the word "trustworthy" should be used in the same sentence.

However, regardless of public perception, Hillary has shown by her actions that she is a worker bee and does every job in front of her to the best of her ability. That she is an advocate for people who are less fortunate than she is. That public perception of her likability goes up while she is actually in office doing her job. Easy to do research on and prove.

Trump, on the other hand, is not a public servant by any stretch of the imagination. Look at his actions. He's out to make a buck and plaster his mug all over the media. That's about it. Easy to do research on and prove.

By their actions alone, not their words, Hillary is a far better candidate for President. The proof is in the pudding.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »

There is not a chance you could possibly omit an insult form a post of yours, of course.
i accept your concession.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2016, 05:45:03 PM »

Because kind of, maybe fibbing about some emails is now equal to being a pathological liar.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:26 PM »

Yes. The emails are clearly the only dishonest thing Hillary Clinton has ever done ever in the history of ever.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2016, 06:44:34 PM »

The only thing I trust about Donald Trump is that the words coming out of his mouth are lies.

Like the contractors he ripped off, he lies to the public in an increasingly desperate attempt to gain power.  The biggest concern is not that he feels comfortable doing so, but that so many people apparently have no problem with it.  Everyone knows he's a liar - it's just plainly obvious from the way he speaks and changes his opinions through the middle of a sentence.  But people seem to think that this is OK, because at least he's "politically incorrect."  That says more about the people voting for him than it does about Donald Trump.

In an even more desperate attempt to say that Donald Trump isn't so bad, some will say that Hillary Clinton is even less trustworthy than Donald Trump.  Unless you are getting news from sources that are not grounded in reality, there is no way that such a claim can pass the laugh test.  Folks, Donald Trump has been a con artist for decades.  He thinks it's okay to egg on Russian hackers for his own political gain which means that he can't be trusted with the nation's security.  He fails the most basic test of responsible governing.  He can't be trusted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies