2 San Diego police officers shot, 1 dead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:15:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  2 San Diego police officers shot, 1 dead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2 San Diego police officers shot, 1 dead  (Read 511 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-officers-shot-san-diego-20160728-snap-story.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BLM should be a lot more vocal in condemning shootings like this.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »

BLM should be a lot more vocal in condemning shootings like this.

Roll Eyes
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 09:47:42 AM »

So are you actually going to refute my point or are you going to keep posting smileys? BLM is being counterproductive and too anti-cop stance and at least some of these events are as a result of this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50:37 AM »

Good cops who signed up to protect and serve and fulfill their duties don't owe us any obligation to speak out condemning cops who clearly abuse their power to cause harm to innocent civilians, because that should go without saying that they don't approve of that (after all, they aren't abusing their power and have done nothing to lose our trust), but it certainly would help unify people and bring more civility to the debate.  Same for BLM condemning these whackos.

Anyway, this is terribly sad. Sad  Growing up in a university town with little crime, I can't say I've grown up idolizing police officers, but the vast majority are putting themselves in harm's way all the time to protect American civilians.  It's a shame to demonize such brave people as a whole in the name of weeding out the few who are bad.  Thankfully, sick cowards like this shooter are few and far between.  Prayers to the families.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »

So are you actually going to refute my point or are you going to keep posting smileys? BLM is being counterproductive and too anti-cop stance and at least some of these events are as a result of this.

It's about as meaningful as saying "Cops should be a lot more vocal in condemning these shootings!" every time we hear about an unarmed black kid's life being taken for carrying a bag of peanuts.  The difference is that the justice system is consistently skewed on one end and not the other.  All people here not named Wolverine would condemn acts like this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 11:33:26 AM »

To be fair, cops have been in the line of fire since there have been cops. Not every shooting is a BLM inspired act of racial revolution. Some dude didn't want to be arrested. He shot the cops. Happens every day sadly.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »

I would note that though shooting of police officers are up since last year, they are around average if you were to look at police shootings year by year since say 2000. Not that the killing of any officer is excused, but still, freaking out over every police shooting isn't appropriate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2016, 02:08:43 PM by PiT, South Governor »

To be fair, cops have been in the line of fire since there have been cops. Not every shooting is a BLM inspired act of racial revolution. Some dude didn't want to be arrested. He shot the cops. Happens every day sadly.

I was wondering about this; is there any evidence that the shooter was inspired by BLM? These tragedies happened before them too.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 01:33:16 PM »

You're a Democrat? Despicable.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies