New Voter Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:28:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Voter Map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: New Voter Map  (Read 9538 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2005, 08:43:17 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.
Well now I can at least feel confident about my decision to leave the Freedom Party.

If this is more important to you than being with people you acctually find ideological agreement with, then by all means, I'm glad that you are where you find yourself to be most comfortable.
I am most certainly not comfortable in a party where prominent fellow members dimiss my beliefs as "bullsh**t."

I certainly never saw your beliefs as being bullsh**t.  Though, I fail to understand why they are less important to you than joining a group that tamps on the idea of "beliefs" in favor of a group that trumpets exclusion and limited "inclusion" as a sound footing for future endeavor.
I never really supported that.  I think only Harry put through that idea.  I could careless if someone from a state like Vermont or Oregon joined, altough whether it be in their interest is in question.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2005, 08:48:48 PM »

icemann regisitered in DC iirc; do you have him?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2005, 09:03:06 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 23
Green - 23
Red - 22
Blue West - 22

My map

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up".  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic a social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.  All this "Southern" bullsh**t stands against everything that Atlasia is all about.  Stop acting like childish dumbasses.

P.S.  If you are going to create this "Southern Party" and act like you want your own country, well then do it.  Leave the board and go create your own place.  Just leave us the Hell alone with that sh**t.

Go and make your own board, where you can all pretend that a war that happened 140 years ago had turned out differently.

+4 brownies
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2005, 07:31:22 AM »

32 posts. Even if he had all 50, he didn't vote in the last election and thus doesn't count for the census.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2005, 08:51:06 AM »

32 posts. Even if he had all 50, he didn't vote in the last election and thus doesn't count for the census.

Clay moved to Georgia, do you have him?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2005, 09:02:27 AM »

Here we are:

or

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »

I also like your second one Jake, makes the districts even less like the regions.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2005, 10:20:53 AM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2005, 10:24:55 AM »

Does someone have a list of what parties are in which state?  I want to make a really gerrymandered map to get the people I want in the Senate.

Wink
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2005, 10:27:01 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2005, 10:29:06 AM by CheeseYoda »

Since running for senate, me and ILV seem to be; tried to make a map for fun, where compete against each other we would not.  Biased this map is, but turned out looking pretty good, it also did:

Propose this, I will not; but if like it, someone else does, propose it, they can.

P.S. Talk backwards for only three more days, I must Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2005, 10:32:32 AM »

Since running for senate, me and ILV seem to be; tried to make a map for fun, where compete against each other we would not.  Biased this map is, but turned out looking pretty good, it also did:

Propose this, I will not; but if like it, someone else does, propose it, they can.

I support this map so you, PB, and I can all run (and win, of course Wink)!
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2005, 10:53:03 AM »

I support this map so you, PB, and I can all run (and win, of course Wink)!

Make it for that reason, I did Wink
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2005, 04:15:56 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2005, 04:48:11 PM by I-Spy »

This is what the EVs would be if there was a similar population distribution in the USA. Interesting.

The numbers are a bit shaky, i'll edit them as I go, but it'd be roughly like this.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2005, 04:51:34 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2005, 04:53:29 PM by I-Spy »

The numbers are a bit shaky, i'll edit them as I go, but it'd be roughly like this.

And this would be the 2004 election result...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »

I think that if we want to abandon the regions to do the districts, we don't need to halfway do it, but totally do it.
This map puts parts of at least two districts in each region:

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2005, 05:49:55 PM »

I think that if we want to abandon the regions to do the districts, we don't need to halfway do it, but totally do it.

nice Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »

Hey, that looks pretty good; it would certainly make my re-election a challenge. Tongue
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2005, 07:33:46 PM »

Have spaces in the Districts, I would rather not.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2005, 07:38:47 PM »

Since running for senate, me and ILV seem to be; tried to make a map for fun, where compete against each other we would not. Biased this map is, but turned out looking pretty good, it also did:

Hey, that looks pretty good; it would certainly make my re-election a challenge. Tongue

Thought you might like that, I did; part of why I posted it, that was.  Propose I will, if you want.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2005, 07:43:41 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2005, 07:47:37 PM by Supreme Emperor Harry, First Lord of Earth »

I'll have to talk to the governors directly about adopting this map.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2005, 08:49:49 PM »

If we registered by counties we could split the states up, and really gerry mander the districts Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2005, 09:12:21 PM »

yeah, but that'd be stupid Wink
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2005, 09:13:08 PM »

No, it would be awesome! Smiley
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »

If we are going to have district maps that deviate from regions or cultural and geographical boundaries, then the least that I ask is that the boundaries of these senate districts be as contiguous as possible without them looking like gerrymandered congressional districts in real life.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2005, 09:26:55 PM »

23 each, after I move to Maine (which i'd do only to help redistricting)

Of all the maps presented, this is the least unreasonable given the requirements set forth by Supersoulty to 'liberate' ourselves from regional, cultural, and geographical boundaries.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies