New Voter Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:02:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Voter Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Voter Map  (Read 9674 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 21, 2005, 03:23:27 PM »

Blue East - 21
Grey - 24
Green - 23
Red - 21
Blue West - 22

This map is mostly about keeping as close to what we presently have as is reasonable.

This I can live with -it is at least saner than any of the ones ILV is proposing. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »

If we are going to have district maps that deviate from regions or cultural and geographical boundaries, then the least that I ask is that the boundaries of these senate districts be as contiguous as possible without them looking like gerrymandered congressional districts in real life.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 09:26:55 PM »

23 each, after I move to Maine (which i'd do only to help redistricting)

Of all the maps presented, this is the least unreasonable given the requirements set forth by Supersoulty to 'liberate' ourselves from regional, cultural, and geographical boundaries.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:43:08 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2005, 09:44:40 PM by Frodo »

At least they are geographically attached and contiguous -unlike Harry's map (among others), for instance, in which the districts split each other up. 

In an ideal situation, if it were up to me, I would either maintain the status quo with the senate district map we already have, or go for either Joe Republic or Peter Bell's proposals.

Barring the above, Hughento's map is, as I already have said, the least unacceptable of the alternatives presented.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 09:48:13 PM »

Another  thing, I just thought I would remind you of the guidelines behind redrawing senate district boundaries -and to be honest with you, this came as an unwelcome surprise to me when I read it:

What is it with people who won't accept this plan or that because "the South is split up"?  For one thing, the districts are suposed to be the antithesis of the regions.  They are supposed to break traditional geographic and social boundaries (as much as is possible), they are not supposed to be wed to one region or another.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies